EJ worked out with former NFL QB Steve DeBerg

I think you just made that up. The timeline sinks your "rumors".

They signed Sammy on May 28th. There is no way they would be arguing about that amount....in September.

Kplb was injured on 8/3.

Orton wasn't signed until one day after the preseason on 8/29.

The sideline fight with Whaley was reported a few days after Orton's sudden, last minute signing--and 3 days before Week 1 game.

So, weeks after Kolb is out of the picture, and after EJ looks rough in the Bucs preseason game, suddenly Orton appears on the roster---and your explanation is that he was brought in that late to somehow be a "veteran presence" and a "mentor" just as the season is about to start?

Yeah, that makes no sense at all. The reason they were fighting is almost certainly as it was reported--they disagreed over Orton.

You are only a year off on Kolb. Carry on.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of comments here. My points. YES, the throwing motion/muscle memory thing is absolutely relevant.....but, expected by me would be that a first round draft choice would already know that, and have mastered his "jump shot" eh...throwing motion. The fact that he had not.....that made him a project. Bill Polians comment on EJ seconds after he was drafted was that "EJ Manuel is a project"...implying he did not belong in the 1 st round. Point is, EJ is now polishing up parts of his game....we will see if its enough to be a player in the NFL. Finally, I am stunned that nobody else commented on Eugene Parker now being EJ's agent. That was news to me....and, I have to tell you, that speaks poorly of EJ's long term stay with the Bills. Parker is a "dump on the steps of city hall" agent. (a more colorful phrase is usually used) Even if EJ makes the grade eventually, Parker will make the Bills wish they hadn't drafted EJ. Were I the Bills, I would scout the Agents as well as the players..for the April drafts. And, I would never make a Parker client a high draft choice, in fact, I might never draft a Parker client at all. I remember Byrd, Peters....and non professional behavior coached by Parker.

Lots of comments here. My points. YES, the throwing motion/muscle memory thing is absolutely relevant.....but, expected by me would be that a first round draft choice would already know that, and have mastered his "jump shot" eh...throwing motion. The fact that he had not.....that made him a project. Bill Polians comment on EJ seconds after he was drafted was that "EJ Manuel is a project"...implying he did not belong in the 1 st round. Point is, EJ is now polishing up parts of his game....we will see if its enough to be a player in the NFL. Finally, I am stunned that nobody else commented on Eugene Parker now being EJ's agent. That was news to me....and, I have to tell you, that speaks poorly of EJ's long term stay with the Bills. Parker is a "dump on the steps of city hall" agent. (a more colorful phrase is usually used) Even if EJ makes the grade eventually, Parker will make the Bills wish they hadn't drafted EJ. Were I the Bills, I would scout the Agents as well as the players..for the April drafts. And, I would never make a Parker client a high draft choice, in fact, I might never draft a Parker client at all. I remember Byrd, Peters....and non professional behavior coached by Parker.

ej just hired parker in January. He had a different agent when he was drafted. Parker is not the reason Byrd wasn't signed. Whaley isn't afraid of Parker or any other agent, and agents won't Impact who they draft. Yes Parker was Jason peters agent too but Whaley wasn't GM then. Whaley chose to sign a younger Aaron Williams, and not overpay to keep Byrd. By not paying him more than the Saints, they were able to sign hughes. Whaley knew what he was doing. Parker didn't matter with byrd and won't going forward either. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think you just made that up. The timeline sinks your "rumors".

They signed Sammy on May 28th. There is no way they would be arguing about that amount....in September.

Kplb was injured on 8/3.

Orton wasn't signed until one day after the preseason on 8/29.

The sideline fight with Whaley was reported a few days after Orton's sudden, last minute signing--and 3 days before Week 1 game.

So, weeks after Kolb is out of the picture, and after EJ looks rough in the Bucs preseason game, suddenly Orton appears on the roster---and your explanation is that he was brought in that late to somehow be a "veteran presence" and a "mentor" just as the season is about to start?

Yeah, that makes no sense at all. The reason they were fighting is almost certainly as it was reported--they disagreed over Orton.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/4/7490295/doug-marrone-sammy-watkins-trade-gm-doug-whaley

he said they were fighting about the price of signing him, not the trade to draft him. Maybe that's what he meant. But they were still fighting about the trade in August?
same agency but Sammy is represented by Tory Dandy

He may have walked out of the draft room in the spring, but that's not what they were fighting about in september.

You have no idea. You are speculating. Marrone was a tool and is the type of guy who would carry a grudge about Watkins all offseason.

Bottom line is I'm glad he was dumb enough to cost himself ever being a NFL head coach again. We are a much better franchise because of it. Let him destroy the oline for a team no one cares about and let Orton turtle with his kids.

same agency but Sammy is represented by Tory Dandy

But Parker will be there when it's time to cash in on contract #2. He lets Dandy deal with the rookie's, since the new CBA makes those contracts essentially boilerplate...

Edited by Lurker

But Parker will be there when it's time to cash in on contract #2. He lets Dandy deal with the rookie's, since the new CBA makes those contracts essentially boilerplate...

thats fine if he's there... If Sammy wants to stay (huge IF due to whatever the qB situation will be in 2019) the Bills will pay him. Especially if Whaley is stil GM. That's his golden boy.

You have no idea. You are speculating. Marrone was a tool and is the type of guy who would carry a grudge about Watkins all offseason.

Bottom line is I'm glad he was dumb enough to cost himself ever being a NFL head coach again. We are a much better franchise because of it. Let him destroy the oline for a team no one cares about and let Orton turtle with his kids.

Actually, I was repeating reports quoting "league sources" that they were fighting about Orton, not Sammy. I wasn't speculating. This was discussed long ago...

Actually, I was repeating reports quoting "league sources" that they were fighting about Orton, not Sammy. I wasn't speculating. This was discussed long ago...

"League sources" haha. Are these the same "league sources" that said Marrone would be a hot head coaching candidate if he opted out of Buffalo?

"League sources" haha. Are these the same "league sources" that said Marrone would be a hot head coaching candidate if he opted out of Buffalo?

No they were sources who were apparently present to hear the argument at the time.

The only ones who claimed Marrone would be a hot candidate were posters on this site...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/marrone-does-a-180-on-orton/

Most of those you cited in that link were referring to the Jets, which Marrone likely was headed to before the Polian and other Sh++t hit the fan.

Edited by Mr. WEO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/marrone-does-a-180-on-orton/

Most of those you cited in that link were referring to the Jets, which Marrone likely was headed to before the Polian and other Sh++t hit the fan.

After the Jets hired Bowles (Jan 15th) those same experts that he cited were claiming Marrone has nothing to worry about, and he will easily find a head coaching position elsewhere for the same reasons they originally stated.