McCoy: Ready to share; ready to win

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21337930.php?contentType=4&contentId=17210249

The Bills brought in some pretty talented offensive players with high-profile names this offseason. Guys who want to have the football in their hands, and are used to getting it. Now, with all of them on the same team, they may have to get used to having it a little less often.

Roman will give the ball to whoever has the best ypc, has the hot hand, and doesn't fumble. I don't think he will be manufacturing touches for any of the RBs not named Shady on meaningful downs. They have 1 starting caliber RB and 3 backup caliber RBs imo at this point. Fred is still an elite pass blocking RB but he's not a #1 runner anymore, he knows this.

When mccoy talks about sharing I think he's referring to YAC playmakers like watkins, harvin, Clay. Not rushing attempts.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Roman will give the ball to whoever has the best ypc, has the hot hand, and doesn't fumble. I don't think he will be manufacturing touches for any of the RBs not named Shady on meaningful downs. They have 1 starting caliber RB and 3 backup caliber RBs imo at this point. Fred is still an elite pass blocking RB but he's not a #1 runner anymore, he knows this.

When mccoy talks about sharing I think he's referring to YAC playmakers like watkins, harvin, Clay. Not rushing attempts.

I believe you're right about Roman. He will work the game plan week by week to get the ball in the hands of the the person who is best suited to succeed that week. Shady will definitely be a horse for us, but if he loses touches because the game plan calls for it on a particular week, I'm cool with it

You're selling Fred short. Nothing new for him though. He will prove to be the more effective back by the end of the year. As per usual. Not many RBs could have done much with that clown show of an offense last season. McCoy included.

You're selling Fred short. Nothing new for him though. He will prove to be the more effective back by the end of the year. As per usual. Not many RBs could have done much with that clown show of an offense last season. McCoy included.

i love Fred and was very glad he was not cut. I think he adds significant value to the team. But I disagree that he will prove to be the more effective RB this season. He may have been more effective as an overall RB than Spiller, but McCoy>Spiller and Fred is 35. I believe he's a young 35 but he's just not a #1 RB anymore due to loss of speed. He can still make plays. I just don't think he can do it all.

“I’m not going to get every carry with Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon. I think having four backs as a rotation, everybody can get their pieces of the pie.” McCoy Said. Is this really the plan? A 4 back rotation? That is a lot of Pie Pieces...

Imo

Im not going to get every carry with Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon. I think having four backs as a rotation, everybody can get their pieces of the pie. McCoy Said. Is this really the plan? A 4 back rotation? That is a lot of Pie Pieces...

Imo

no, I don't think that's the plan.

no, I don't think that's the plan.

Shady is under the impression that is the plan. I can' t imagine a 4 back rotation, with everybody getting a chance.

Reminds me of the Gailey years, "It was Freds Turn"

Imo