What's the first thing on the grill now winter is gone?

mead107

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already grilled a tri-tip...

I am not a huge fan of the tri tip. Like other cuts better, and yes I cook it right and even use red oak chips on the egg when I be cooking it.

Leg o lamb on the egg for Easter dinner tomorrow. Already in a preserved lemon , garlic and rosemary paste.

I am not a huge fan of the tri tip. Like other cuts better, and yes I cook it right and even use red oak chips on the egg when I be cooking it.

Leg o lamb on the egg for Easter dinner tomorrow. Already in a preserved lemon , garlic and rosemary paste.

It certainly isn't my favorite, but a local butcher vac seals them in marinade... I cooked over charcoal and threw some hickory chips on there and it was much better than normal...

try this on a grill-skewer extra large shrimp, peeled, with the tails left on, wrap them in bacon. Mix some teds with your favorite barbecue sauce and baste the shrimp/bacon while they're on the grill.

you're welcome.

Cletus, I tried your marinade on a sirloin last night. Tenderized it, and soaked it for almost 20 hours. Tasted great but not overwhelming.

Thanks, I think... Lol... Wife made some kick ass rack of lamb tonight- definitely a recipe that should be spread around! Simple, but killer!

Really not much to it.... Preheat the oven to 450, run some 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 tbsp each of fresh chopped tarragon, parsley, rosemary... Salt and pepper to taste.

-trim the thick fat off

- score the remaining fat and salt and pepper roast, rubbing it in

- cook at 450 for 10 min

- take out and reduce heat to 425

- rub balsamic over roast

- coat with bread crumb mixture

- cook until internal meat temp is 130-140....

Voila....

Let it rest for no less than 10 minutes after you remove from the oven....

Damn was it delicious!

Side note- our roast was 3-3.5 pounds and we had extra rub crap

Thanks, I think... Lol... Wife made some kick ass rack of lamb tonight- definitely a recipe that should be spread around! Simple, but killer!

lol...what I meant by "not overwhelming" was that I could still taste the beef. Unlike some marinades where all you can taste is the marinade. Good stuff. I liked the liquid smoke in the mix.