What's the first thing on the grill now winter is gone?

mead107

lol...what I meant by "not overwhelming" was that I could still taste the beef. Unlike some marinades where all you can taste is the marinade. Good stuff. I liked the liquid smoke in the mix.

At first I thought that you liked it but it wasn't anything special... Then I read it again and figured that you meant it as you just described... I can't stand marinades and rubs that drown the cut of meat... Something that can make a chuck steak and a Delmonico taste the same seems worthless to me.... Glad you enjoyed it bud!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of my friends & I smoked some ribs & deep fryed some wings for the final 4 this past Saturday. This weekend I am going to get some nice ribeyes to cook. It will be the first time I grilled since New Year's Eve when my friend & I braved the elements & grilled lobster tails for us & our significant others. Usually I grill all year long but this winter was brutal . Didn't even think about grilling out for Jan & Feb. The weather was that bad.

Kroger had standing rib roast on sale this week for $6.99, bought a 5 lb roast on Tuesday to have today for Sunday dinner.

"Dry aged" it in fridge under cheesecloth since Wednesday evening, going on the egg soon at 240 with some slight hickory smoke. Salt, pepper, some garlic slices and Rosemary springs inserted as well.

Will reverse sear once hits 125.

Good stuff for $6.99/lb

Edited by plenzmd1

I know it's not too sexy, but I did some chicken quarters on the grill tonight marinated in Cornell Sauce.

Got a tip from my father to put a water pan under the grill grates and cook the chicken on medium heat over the water for 2 1/2 hours. The chicken came out great. I thought it might be soggy on the bottom, but it was nice and crispy all around. It was nice and moist too. I don't think I'll ever cook bone-in chicken over direct flame again.