Who is your draft "bust" and draft "sleeper"?

Bust- Clive Walford

Sleeper- Blake Bell

gotta say the reverse on that.

Not that Bell would be a bust because he is not highly ranked but I think he is just another guy.

The only way Walford Busts is if he is a rockhead or lets the "life" get to him.

Sleeper - Sean Mannion, QB

and hopefully we draft him, if he is a sleeper of course.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scherff just makes me think of Robert Gallery. That's not a good thing. He was a mediocre guard that was supposed to revolutionize the tackle postion. Maybe that isn't fair to Scherff but I am with you.

I agree with every single one of those statements

:worthy:

Dang Busting on the hometown boy.

Sleeper - Jeff Luc LB 6'1" 251 Cincinati, kid is an old school banger

Bust - Hate to say it and hope he excels but a a D3 kid who had a great combine makes me nervous - Ali Marpet.

i don't know why I pick Shane Ray but I think he's kind of overrated and projected pretty high in the draft. It think he needs to be in the right system. I'm sure I will be wrong. I want him to succeed though; watched his story on espn and he's overcome a lot. Edited by YoloinOhio

Everything I've seen of Gurley leads me to think he will bust out eventually... Brett Hundley is also fool's gold for QB-desperate franchises... Jameis Winston may be ready for the pro-game as an athlete, but NOT as a man... I he doesn't have immediate success, the poor kid looks like he may self-destruct...

The three kids I really feel will defy expectations are: Sammie Coates WR Auburn.. Josh Robinson, RB Misssipi State, and Jesse James, TE PSU.... Three draft STEALS that are ready to contibute on day 1 of the regular season.

Everything I've seen of Gurley leads me to think he will bust out eventually... Brett Hundley is also fool's gold for QB-desperate franchises... Jameis Winston may be ready for the pro-game as an athlete, but NOT as a man... I he doesn't have immediate success, the poor kid looks like he may self-destruct...

The three kids I really feel will defy expectations are: Sammie Coates WR Auburn.. Josh Robinson, RB Misssipi State, and Jesse James, TE PSU.... Three draft STEALS that are ready to contibute on day 1 of the regular season.

Really? Injuries? Gurley to me is the best RB prospect since Peterson and no one else is even close. The combination of size and speed sets him apart IMO.

Really? Injuries? Gurley to me is the best RB prospect since Peterson and no one else is even close. The combination of size and speed sets him apart IMO.

In the NFL, he won't be able to gallop through the golf-course size holes they made for him at UGA. As for any comparisons to Adrian Beat-a-son, I don't see as many as some do... Gurle is nowhere NEAR as physical and hard a runner. -JMO.

In the NFL, he won't be able to gallop through the golf-course size holes they made for him at UGA. As for any comparisons to Adrian Beat-a-son, I don't see as many as some do... Gurle is nowhere NEAR as physical and hard a runner. -JMO.

I guess that we were watching a different UGA team. To me he breaks a lot of tackles and then has that track speed (at least he did pre ACL). He is a violent downhill runner. Gordon ran through huge holes at Wisconsin (like every back has for 15 years). He has that 2nd gear as well but not the natural athleticism.

I found this comparison of the 2 that I thought was interesting for anyone not familiar with them: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-09/nfl-draft-2015-melvin-gordon-todd-gurley-scouting-reports-comparisons-running-backs-injuries

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Bust: Mariota- He is definitely athletic and a good kid I just don't think he will transition well to the NFL and especially with how high he is going. Oregon runs an incredibly unique offense that is going to have virtually zero similarities to the one he has in the NFL (unless he goes to the Eagles). He will need at least 1-2 years to develop and there is no chance he is getting that.

Sleeper: Tony Lippett- watched this guy a lot the past couple of years and got better every year (and particularly the last 2). He could be a really solid #2 receiver or an even better corner with more seasoning. Just like the versatility and think he has a good attitude to be successful wherever he goes.

Also to the people who are saying Winston (and this is seriously coming from someone who hates the guys guts) have you watched him play? if you took away his personality to me he is the 2nd best college QB I have watched this past decade behind Luck. He's just such a jackass I hope he falls on his face but I really don't think he will because he just has that much natural talent and instinct.

gotta say the reverse on that.

Not that Bell would be a bust because he is not highly ranked but I think he is just another guy.

The only way Walford Busts is if he is a rockhead or lets the "life" get to him.

and hopefully we draft him, if he is a sleeper of course.

Who does these rankings and what makes them gospel? I remember the "experts" saying Pettigrew was the next great TE to come out of college and I'm still waiting to see it. Bell has proven to be a great athlete as he has played numerous positions at Oklahoma. I think Blake Bell will be the steal of the draft. I just hope he lands with the Bills with one of their latter picks. I hope other teams are thinking like you.

Sleeper: Ronald Darby, CB, FSU

Also think Brett Hundley is being undervalued. He turned around a program and is at the same level in learning a pro offense and game as Mariota is. Both guys are a year or two away but Hundley can be had on day two with the same upside.

Bust: TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitt

Randy Gregory has flashed but never been consistently productive like the other guys ranked beside him at his position. He's high risk, high reward.

SLEEPER PICK . is LYNDEN TRAIL DE/OLB

BUST.... SHAQ THOMPSON...OLB

Finally someone else who knows that name. Lynden Trail has the size and athleticism. Also... he is brand new to DE and even newer to OLB. He plays TE through high school. Was originally a Florida Gator. I would love love love to let him learn from Jerry and Mario every day in practice.

I hate calling a young player a bust unless they have been a d bag in college but to play along:

Bust - Bryce Petty; another guy in a system made for Qbs to put up huge numbers. Another poster had a stat that he struggled big time on 3rd downs and won't have all day to throw in the NFL to wide open receivers.

Prediction - Baylor's qb next year will put up monster stats.

Sleepers - Shaq Thompson; Love his versatily and I think failing at another sport will serve as extra motivation.

Nick O'Leary - doesn't have anything that wows you. But every game I saw, he made plays. He's the the of guys NE picks and he becomes a very productive player for.

Davis Tull - smaller school guy that I'm really starting to like. 3 time conference player of the year and is a very good athlete. Needs to get bigger but has some very good traits to be a productive passer rusher.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-draft-davis-tull-chattanooga-injury-motivated-path-to-pros-021715

Finally someone else who knows that name. Lynden Trail has the size and athleticism. Also... he is brand new to DE and even newer to OLB. He plays TE through high school. Was originally a Florida Gator. I would love love love to let him learn from Jerry and Mario every day in practice.

You and Tombstone better stay out of those draft magazines.lol