Article: Quit Sleeping on EJ Manuel

@JoeBuscaglia: Column: Fresh start for #Bills QB EJ Manuel, but will it matter? http://t.co/NMJqlt7WEW

Will better coaching and personnel matter?

He's hated Manuel since day one. He always take shots at the guy on Twitter.

He also loved Manziel. It's his opinion but he is hardly some expert. He's some dude who covers the Bills who has never broken a Bills news story.

Disagree. You don't trade 7th rounders in 2016 for guys and not expect them to start.

Joe B like Manziel? That should disqualify him from all QB talk.

Right, but if they were a little more confident, maybe they grab Moore instead of trading assets.

You get the guy you think is the best player available. Even if it means trading a draft pick.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, maybe the Bills didn't like Moore, and were looking at other options that either retired or re-signed elsewhere. Second, Moore might have put the Bills in a bidding war solution, and the Bills preferred to just get someone who is locked up (kinda like McCoy for Kiko, instead of going after Murray). Third, the Bills might have identified Cassel as part of a group of QBs that would be better in the QB room with EJ for mentoring purposes. We really don't know exactly what trading two picks for Cassel and another pick was about. In the end, it effectively didn't cost us much. I think if the Bills were truly desperate to get away from EJ, they would have cut him, like Leroi suggested.

The trade was just a salary dump by the Vikings. We were happy to oblige. The draft picks mean very little.

I know most here think I'm an EJ apologist but in reality I just have an open mind about him. I think he is very raw and needed a lot of work to begin with to be a successful NFL QB. In truth I was yelling "OMG he is !@#$ing terrible!!" At my TV on many occasions, through preseason and the 1st 4 games. Then I was doing the same thing with Orton later. I don't care who wins the job as long as they can win games.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't mean to reiterate this is if it is somewhere else, I didn't see it.

EJ will be the underdog im not sure he ever had that status before. He was reportedly handed the job over Kolb, and he didn't ever really compete vs orton.... Kyle was late to the party and Ej got benched 4 games in.

The kid has the size, athleticism, arm and a bunch of the intangibles to be an elite qb.

Let's see if he is able to eliminate all that has been holding him back and achieve this potential.

I don't think mediocrity is in the cards. It's going to be a boom or a bust.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it other than I thought it was interesting. Worth noting Cassel's stats come from 65% of the starts that Manuel's do though.

And 8 more years of experience. And having Norv Turner instead of Hackett. If Manuel was putting up similar numbers to a second year player in his 10th year, I won't want him to be our starting qb either.

Manuel also has about 200 yards rushing and 2 more rushing tds.

I love it when the anti-EJ crusaders make a stronger case for EJ to start.

If you've read any of my opinions on the QB debate you would know Cassel is my last choice to be our starter...

Not a great showing by either.

Question is... if this is Cassel's numbers 10 years into his career, is it safe to expect that's what we'll likely see from him now?

What about EJ? 2 years into his?

Yep. It'll be fun to see the 3 guys we have in the same system with the same personnel IMO

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I love it when the anti-EJ crusaders make a stronger case for EJ to start.

Why should Cassel start? His career numbers on average are no better than EJ's, and his last 3 years of stats are worse actually, and he's been in the league for 10 years. And Taylor is no threat.

Why should Cassel start? His career numbers on average are no better than EJ's, and his last 3 years of stats are worse actually, and he's been in the league for 10 years. And Taylor is no threat.

I think Rex and co will want a vet who isn't gonna panic and has experience with pre-snap reads. If the competition is close, Cassel will get the nod.

I think Rex and co will want a vet who isn't gonna panic and has experience with pre-snap reads. If the competition is close, Cassel will get the nod.

Explain his last 3 seasons then. Hell, make it his last 4 seasons.

Edited by Doc

Cassel shouldn't start.

Imo