Article: Quit Sleeping on EJ Manuel

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but he also hated the pick when it happened and has never changed his opinion on him. He is a big FSU fan; but didn't think EJ was a good pick, which I get. He has always been anti-EJ, and is entitled to that opinion, but it does bias his reporting somewhat Imo. At least from what I could tell when he was on the radio.

I didn't know that, but I always thought the Bills wanted a vet to start this year.

The Cassel trade showed a lot, IMO.

How so?

We needed a vet QB, instead of taking a chance in missing on a FA target, we traded a pick that wasn't all that valuable for one. Even if they like EJ (and I actually think they do), there's no way the FO/Coaching staff rolls into this season with EJ and Tuel as QBs.

@JoeBuscaglia: Column: Fresh start for #Bills QB EJ Manuel, but will it matter? http://t.co/NMJqlt7WEW

He's hated Manuel since day one. He always take shots at the guy on Twitter.

He also loved Manziel. It's his opinion but he is hardly some expert. He's some dude who covers the Bills who has never broken a Bills news story.

How so?

We needed a vet QB, instead of taking a chance in missing on a FA target, we traded a pick that wasn't all that valuable for one. Even if they like EJ (and I actually think they do), there's no way the FO/Coaching staff rolls into this season with EJ and Tuel as QBs.

Disagree. You don't trade 7th rounders in 2016 for guys and not expect them to start.

How so?

Right, but if they were a little more confident, maybe they grab Moore instead of trading assets.

First, maybe the Bills didn't like Moore, and were looking at other options that either retired or re-signed elsewhere. Second, Moore might have put the Bills in a bidding war solution, and the Bills preferred to just get someone who is locked up (kinda like McCoy for Kiko, instead of going after Murray). Third, the Bills might have identified Cassel as part of a group of QBs that would be better in the QB room with EJ for mentoring purposes. We really don't know exactly what trading two picks for Cassel and another pick was about. In the end, it effectively didn't cost us much. I think if the Bills were truly desperate to get away from EJ, they would have cut him, like Leroi suggested.

Edited by Dorkington

First, maybe the Bills didn't like Moore, and were looking at other options that either retired or re-signed elsewhere. Second, Moore might have put the Bills in a bidding war solution, and the Bills preferred to just get someone who is locked up (kinda like McCoy for Kiko, instead of going after Murray). Third, the Bills might have identified Cassel as part of a group of QBs that would be better in the QB room with EJ for mentoring purposes. We really don't know exactly what trading two picks for Cassel and another pick was about. In the end, it effectively didn't cost us much. I think if the Bills were truly desperate to get away from EJ, they would have cut him, like Leroy suggested.

He just likes to argue.

And it's Leroi.

Imo

First, maybe the Bills didn't like Moore, and were looking at other options that either retired or re-signed elsewhere. Second, Moore might have put the Bills in a bidding war solution, and the Bills preferred to just get someone who is locked up (kinda like McCoy for Kiko, instead of going after Murray). Third, the Bills might have identified Cassel as part of a group of QBs that would be better in the QB room with EJ for mentoring purposes. We really don't know exactly what trading two picks for Cassel and another pick was about. In the end, it effectively didn't cost us much. I think if the Bills were truly desperate to get away from EJ, they would have cut him, like Leroi suggested.

Maybe. I just don't think so.

Cassel didn't pass his physical though. Or at least I've read that in a couple places

I think we waived the one part of it, but Moore was talked about as our backup plan if Cassell didn't make it here. Trying to find a link.