Who would you target in trades?

What is this list you speak of? Does it get me past lines into some of the bars on Chippewa?

What is this list you speak of? Does it get me past lines into some of the bars on Chippewa?

the Woods is expendable trade puts you upon my list of weiner heads.

I was surprised to be honest.

Both you and Kikosees.

The off season can mess with a mans mind for sure

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks Mathis has played his best football, is overpriced and doesn't fit a power running scheme?

Looking at the projected prospects at #50 and the instant success of a guy like Bitino, it's reasonable to believe we can find a plug and play guy with our first pick. We've got Urbik / Williams / Richardson to push for time if that doesn't land. I don't see Mathis as being considerably better than that plan of attack, especially not given our limited salary cap space. If we add a vet WR, I would like to package Goodwin with 5th/6th round picks to move into the late 3rd/early 4th to improve our chances of walking away with at least 3 contributors from the draft, which would be a win given our limited draft capital along with limited roster needs.

i'd make that deal.. Woods is nothing special, and lacks the qualities and matchup problems Boldin brings in packages with Clay.

brilliant..

to think i also respected your postings.

no more.

on the list.

Woods is one great route runner. crisp and clean. gets separation and finds the ball nicely. works hard, blocks well and fights !

I want a Guard as bad as anyone

but hell Man, Woods??!!

to think i also respected your postings.

no more.

on the list.

Woods is one great route runner. crisp and clean. gets separation and finds the ball nicely. works hard, blocks well and fights !

I want a Guard as bad as anyone

but hell Man, Woods??!!

😊. i like the role Woods plays, the way he plays, and the fact that he's young and signed..

but he can be defended with a CB. a guy like Boldin would make a DC choose where to give Safety help when we line him up with Watkins and Clay. it should definately keep teams from bringing one of their three Nickle Safeties up into the box to defend the run, because if they do, we can force a mismatch in their coverage. as much as we may like a player, if there's a more effective player available - we should consider him

. i like the role Woods plays, the way he plays, and the fact that he's young and signed..

but he can be defended with a CB. a guy like Boldin would make a DC choose where to give Safety help when we line him up with Watkins and Clay. it should definately keep teams from bringing one of their three Nickle Safeties up into the box to defend the run, because if they do, we can force a mismatch in their coverage. as much as we may like a player, if there's a more effective player available - we should consider him

That is Whaleys mantra . If there is a better player out there , get him.

My suggestion is still to get the height at TE . We still may have a hole there.

And trading Woods this year seems careless.

At this point we have two or 3 players that are known to create mismatches or draw extra coverage. Or Coaches must defend with formation.

Watkins and Harvin , Clay , and of course McCoy could be threat in motion. Woods has gotten over the top in single coverage for EJ before.

I am all about improving the line though. Just wish to very cautious what we trade away.

And for those on my " list " I dont really have one. i am just kidding. mostly.

#KeepWoods

#SignBlalock

That is Whaleys mantra . If there is a better player out there , get him.

My suggestion is still to get the height at TE . We still may have a hole there.

And trading Woods this year seems careless.

At this point we have two or 3 players that are known to create mismatches or draw extra coverage. Or Coaches must defend with formation.

Watkins and Harvin , Clay , and of course McCoy could be threat in motion. Woods has gotten over the top in single coverage for EJ before.

I am all about improving the line though. Just wish to very cautious what we trade away.

And for those on my " list " I dont really have one. i am just kidding. mostly.

#KeepWoods

#SignBlalock

To be clear, I would only trade Woods for an experienced upgrade at WR. I agree The O-Line should be addressed in other ways, though I think our option is Fisher if he makes it to 50

Trade Mario for Brees/Luck/Rivers/Eli and win the Super Bowl. With the exception of Luck, those other guys are on teams that aren't good enough to win a championship any time soon and they only have a couple of years left in their career. If I was one of those guys and I knew my contact was coming up I would rather go somewhere and win than re-sign. I'd be telling my agent to get me to a team with a great defense and a lot of supporting players to win now.

Not clear on the notion of trading Woods. He's young and improving and a great #2 reciever on a rookie contract. This could be his breakout year with all of the attention being likely focused on Sammy, Percy, Clay and Shady.

oh sure , jump on board my bandwagon .

#KeepWoods

According to DraftTek's Big Board, these OGs might be available when The Bills pick:

2nd Round #50:

A.J. Cann South Carolina 6'4" 313 lbs

Laken Tomlinson Duke 6'3" 323 lbs

3rd Round #81:

Tre' Jackson Florida State 6'4" 330 lbs

Arie Kouandjio Alabama 6'5" 310 lbs (little brother of Cyrus)

Where is Astrobot? I hope everything is okay. . . .

I don't think the teams current cap space allows for them to take on a big salary like Evan Mathis (Who is seeking a raise). But there is modest room to scoop up a couple of veteran players still out there to be had for modest salaries. I would try to get Brandon Spikes back and sign Dwan Landry. As good as the defense is, it could still use some more depth. Spikes and Landry provide Rex two very good depth pieces and role players to the defense. Landry competes with Duke Williams and provides a solid option in case of injury. Spikes provides a run stuffing power LB in an early down role and gives the MLB position depth.

Good teams have depth and right now the team should make moves to add depth. You could find a guard in round 2 and you could address other needs in round 3. The team doesn't need to trade away more picks to find answers. However the team can find useful depth pieces on the market right now for a modest price.