EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

I, for one, don't understand how we can judge a quaterback's entire NFL career based on 14 games in a system that quite frankly made no sense to anyone but the guys who implemented it. The kid wants to be good, he seems willing to put in the work and handles himself like a pro should. He didn't spend the offseason in rehab and he has shown some abilities at times. I'm willing to let him grow a bit and see what a new and improved staff can do with him. Could be a lot worse off at this point. I'm just glad we didn't take Geno

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, Like many think he should be building chemistry with Sammy, Not Chris frickin' Hogan! Ooooh they got everybody scared now, LOL.

Sammy would be a terrible receiver for him to practice with because he'll catch balls that would normally be uncatchable; EJ won't get better unless his bad throws are obvious to him.

I, Like many think he should be building chemistry with Sammy, Not Chris frickin' Hogan! Ooooh they got everybody scared now, LOL.

Maybe Hogan wants to improve, also. Maybe Hogan has been a hard working, dedicated team player ever since he first donned a Bills uniform. Maybe his work ethic has been as solid as EJ's. Maybe, Hogan will, once again, exceed expectations next season.

And, BTW-- that looks like ranch dressing next to those wings in your avatar, instead of blue cheese. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??? :thumbdown:

This is something that should NEVER be done, and is definitely where his inconsistencies come from.

Really? Other QB's do it. The great QB's make good throws from all kinds of angles and weight distribution.

I've been outspoken about my desire to replace EJ. I'm in the "haters" camp..... But the thing is, I love everything about EJ. Just don't think he's a gamer.

Very few of us "haters" hate EJ. Most of us wish the production matched EVERYTHING else about the kid.

Just curious, not attacking you, but what do you make of his really pretty solid 2 min drills in multiple games? Carolina and Atlanta come to mind. I actually think he has some of that 'gamer' in him, and 2 min drills were where he stopped guiding throws and overthinking and just made things happen. I see much more of that gamer ability in EJ than in any of our QB's in a long time, especially the young ones we've drafted.

Really? Other QB's do it. The great QB's make good throws from all kinds of angles and weight distribution.

Just curious, not attacking you, but what do you make of his really pretty solid 2 min drills in multiple games? Carolina and Atlanta come to mind. I actually think he has some of that 'gamer' in him, and 2 min drills were where he stopped guiding throws and overthinking and just made things happen. I see much more of that gamer ability in EJ than in any of our QB's in a long time, especially the young ones we've drafted.

Fitz has had some good two minute drills too.

I was actually thinking about him when I wrote that post. I just feel EJ showed a bit more during his 2 min drills than Fitz did.But you're right, Fitz did step up a few times, and left us hanging a few times as well. So obviously need to see EJ in that situation more to better compare to other QBs.

Sammy would be a terrible receiver for him to practice with because he'll catch balls that would normally be uncatchable; EJ won't get better unless his bad throws are obvious to him.

I love this attitude. But i might need some polish ; )

Say...

wouldnt Sammy catching everything build confidence ? I think so !!

And the receivers All, to a man need to be honest with the kid (EJ) during off season work and try to help him get the timing dialed in.

lets hope he is working with all of them as much as possible before too long.

Familiarity is huge! in a QB / Catcher relationship.

dont worry he knows when he sucked it already ; )

Maybe Hogan wants to improve, also. Maybe Hogan has been a hard working, dedicated team player ever since he first donned a Bills uniform. Maybe his work ethic has been as solid as EJ's. Maybe, Hogan will, once again, exceed expectations next season.

And, BTW-- that looks like ranch dressing next to those wings in your avatar, instead of blue cheese. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??? :thumbdown:

Nooooo!!!

those wings look soo delicious. and to then to just even consider the possibility? and where is your head at Rocky? really? how do you know of such blaspheme?

i thought so.

Ban the Witch. BAN HER ! Ban them all !

next it will be garlic wings or some demonically motivated diversion.

wheres my beer! . i need a rinse aND QUICK.

A fine evening ruined.

But Hogan might well continue to ramp up, honestly. EJ did have trust in him.

Edited by 3rdand12

I, for one, don't understand how we can judge a quaterback's entire NFL career based on 14 games in a system that quite frankly made no sense to anyone but the guys who implemented it. The kid wants to be good, he seems willing to put in the work and handles himself like a pro should. He didn't spend the offseason in rehab and he has shown some abilities at times. I'm willing to let him grow a bit and see what a new and improved staff can do with him. Could be a lot worse off at this point. I'm just glad we didn't take Geno

BRAVO!!! GREAT POST!!

Yeah, that ended with INTs!!

Good to see EJ putting the work in. He could easily win games with this defense and the weapons around him (Assuming a upgrade to the O-line via the draft). Overall I say that he might not need to be a great QB to win with this team, he just needs to develop into the best version of himself.

the word in EJ coming out was he needs time to develop. I thought we drafted him to high for a raw player who needed to sit for a few years. The flashes are there...

But.... You can't run the two minute drill a whole game. Sometimes the pace must be controlled. Sometimes teams aren't going to let us drive the field like that(Huston).

He could turn into a really good player. I want him to. He works at it, so he should.

But he shouldn't have been on our roster for a round one pick.

Edited by JaxBills

I agree with this. I think most but a vocal few do. I also think they tried very hard to prevent EJ from seeing the field his first two years. It just didn't work out.

I have not given up on EJ. I truly think the guy can still pan out if he still has the confidence in himself. The EJ we saw on the field was at least 50% due to the Marrone/Hackett era. The way they used EJ is NOT what Doug Whaley had in mind when they drafted him. Whaley has a TON of research into this guy (way more then any of us on a message board or behind a TV), and he is one of the best young minds in football. I refuse to realize that he could have whiffed that badly on the most important position on the field.

This is the best post on this thread.

This might be the most flawed logic of all time.

I get his sentiment. Imagine telling a co worker how to do something that will get it the first time you explain it to him. That doesn't really mean you are explaining it well, it just means your co worker understand what you are saying.

I would also prefer him working out with Sammy but at least he's working out.

Edited by The Wiz

Actually that IS what happened in reality (save for any arguments about whether the Jags are actually worse than Tampa and Tennessee). It wasn't the intention when Marrone left the Bills but it was the result.

That's not the way he worded it.

Actually that IS what happened in reality (save for any arguments about whether the Jags are actually worse than Tampa and Tennessee). It wasn't the intention when Marrone left the Bills but it was the result.

Gunner

he won't agree with you no matter what you say.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever