EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may never end up a franchise QB, but how can you not love the kid?

Exactly. I do love him and hope he does become our franchise QB.

My biggest problem with the whole scenario is how the wide receivers quit on him last year. Can he really win them back?

Go look at Aikman and Manning stats after 14 games, then get back at me. And while you're looking at them check out John Elway, Brett Favre and Drew Brees too. The difference is they were allowed to fail in order to get better. I believe an article about this was posted on another thread.

Couldn't agree more.

Even when you look at Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and RG3, players that set the bar for success in their first year in the league and created this whole "win now" for rookie QB's drafted in the early rounds. They are all struggling in their 2nd and/or 3rd years. This QB stuff isn't easy. Alot of the great ones mentioned above took time to develop. Imagine Aaron Rodgers if he had to play his first year instead of riding the pine for 3 seasons.

All of the TV analysts are blowing hot air, making it seem that EJ sucks. I could care less what they say. I really believe EJ is going to be a better player this year. and I'm excited to see how much of a better player he will be.

Ej does not have to win them back. They are paid to catch the ball. Are you quitting your job because your coworkers are less capable than you feel they should be??? I mean good God man think about what you type before you type it.

Why is that even relevant?

Can you point one or two out?

I'm not asking you to look in the mirror, but there is ample snark in this thread to demonstrate who is behind EJ and who thinks he's trash.

Can we please drop all ej talk. He's awful and will never start in this league not sure why everyone is so hung up on him. Is it because we used a first to get him?

Exactly. I do love him and hope he does become our franchise QB.

My biggest problem with the whole scenario is how the wide receivers quit on him last year. Can he really win them back?

With a different coaching regime, that's how.

With Roman now leading the offense and a different mindset, I think it's a fresh start for everyone. Who knows, maybe the receivers frustration was in the system as much as it was in EJ.

None the less, with having a competent and proven OC along with greater weapons will change the culture.

The only players that had issues with EJ was Woods and Mike Williams, who is gone. Watkins had some great games with EJ and even though he was frustrated at times, he still had success with him. With Clay, Harvin, McCoy and obviously Hogan not having issues with EJ Woods better get on the wagon quick or he'll be left in the dust.

What's really even the argument here? If EJ is any good?

It's a moot point. The guy was just practicing a few throws in a likely uncoached session. Holy over-analysis, Batman!

We will all find out soon enough if EJ has what it takes.

Disclaimer. I've been an EJ fan from day 1 and felt he will be good. FWIW, I also thought going to Orton was the right move at the time (although I remember wishing for EJ a few times towards the end of the year).

The guy has 14 games to his name. He probably would have won the Cleveland game making him a 7-7 QB on a team that had many holes.

He showed me enough in the rookie season to have hope. Yes, SD and Houston were bad, but they could have been two extreme outliers (along with TB and Pitt in 2013).

So what. Young Qbs will put up stinkers. We tend to forget the good wins. I still remember EJ and the Bills as NFL darlings after week 2. Opinions changed after 120 minutes of football?

His targets have improved (but I miss my man Stevie).

His running game has improved.

I hope his line will improve.

His coaching will probably improve.

And he has another year of maturation under his belt.

All of this is enough for any rational mind to *allow* for the possibility he can be good.

As a recent thread showed, many great Qbs take time to develop. It's a complex position. Look at Tannehill. When the Dolphins were going to London there were rumors he would be benched for sucking 36 games into his NFL career. Philbin stuck with him and he started to emerge. EJ has 14 games. 14. That isn't even a complete season.

I'm going to go on record and say this will be one of the most anticipated not just training camps, but minicamps in recent history.

I'm not asking you to look in the mirror, but there is ample snark in this thread to demonstrate who is behind EJ and who thinks he's trash.

Thinking he sucks at his job isn't hate. That's sort of the point. That post you quoted thinks he's a bad QB. That doesn't mean he hates EJ.

How do I feel about the EJ Manuel Situation ? Thanks for asking

I certainly wish him well, it would be a major step forward if he became a franchise quarterback.

Its not my problem, this is why we signed a backup. The people fighting over the decision need to chill.

The answers are coming soon.........so be it

EJ the practice King. Until the real "bullets" start flying and watch him fold like a house of cards.

We cannot sacrifice another year on this experiment.

The time to win is now!!

Imo

EJ the practice King. Until the real "bullets" start flying and watch him fold like a house of cards.

We cannot sacrifice another year on this experiment.

The time to win is now!!

Imo

I think the problem is no one knows if Cassel or Taylor will be any better. I'm picturing a true competition come camp

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Imo

Leroi,

At this point I really do wonder who you are......you appear to be close to the situation but you have beef with EJ Manuel to the point where it has skewed some of your information (I do hope that you keep giving it)

I think that EJ Manuel is gonna get one last chance to show he is a NFL QB......regardless of whether you think he will be successful EJ turning around and putting it together is the BEST thing that could happen for this team.