Jiminy Cricket World semifinals - Australia vs India

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in the 2004 semifinals, Joey Rathbun had three knockers in one quarter. That was unprecedented. 105 runs on 95 balls is great but word is he is using an oak paddle (instead of the customary hickory).

I actually remember that match. Had a tall pint of Guinness and was in the queue to the bar bathroom. I heard the bar go nuts, and rushed back.

I came back, and my buddy was mocking me: "You missed Rathbun's mid-wicket slog to score a 6!!! You missed Rathbun's mid-wicket slog to score a 6!!! hahaha!!!!"

I almost punched him.

I actually remember that match. Had a tall pint of Guinness and was in the queue to the bar bathroom. I heard the bar go nuts, and rushed back.

I came back, and my buddy was mocking me: "You missed Rathbun's mid-wicket slog to score a 6!!! You missed Rathbun's mid-wicket slog to score a 6!!! hahaha!!!!"

I almost punched him.

Had he not called a farkus on the third wicket, he would have only scored a 3 which would have put them back by 8 stones. It was a great call by the Captain (Gene Slater). I still have that poster in my closet...my wife won't let me put it up in the living room.

This year, the Indian team looks strong. Ranjet Chula looks tough at the remote lindy position. Not tough enough to hold off Chester or Diagonit though.

Had he not called a farkus on the third wicket, he would have only scored a 3 which would have put them back by 8 stones. It was a great call by the Captain (Gene Slater). I still have that poster in my closet...my wife won't let me put it up in the living room.

This year, the Indian team looks strong. Ranjet Chula looks tough at the remote lindy position. Not tough enough to hold off Chester or Diagonit though.

I agree. In my bracket at work, I had the Indian team winning it all SOLELY because of Chula. I was telling my wife the other day that Ranjet Chula reminds me of a young Sachin Tendulkar. And she was all, "child please-- no one plays the hard ball like Sachin." (We agreed to disagree-- LOL).

In any event, the big question I have with India is bowlers. Do you think they have the spinners to win it all?

What, all the jumping frogs are in Calaveras County? I guess it costs less to feed and train crickets.

The more I think about it, though, I can see some serious potential problems with housing your frog team and your cricket team in the same place.

We're talking about the Sport of Queens (Cricket) as played in England, Australia, New Zealand and the powerhouse India). You really should watch some YouTube videos to gain a full understanding of the intricacies of the game. Strategy, athleticism, a small degree of luck and hand/eye coordination all come into play.

Ironically, the Pakistani National League has a team called the "Fendi Frogs" and they are a mid-tier club with a great stacker (mid fielder position) named Rujit Dangadoiyet...forearms like Steve Garvey. A stud.

I agree. In my bracket at work, I had the Indian team winning it all SOLELY because of Chula. I was telling my wife the other day that Ranjet Chula reminds me of a young Sachin Tendulkar. And she was all, "child please-- no one plays the hard ball like Sachin." (We agreed to disagree-- LOL).

In any event, the big question I have with India is bowlers. Do you think they have the spinners to win it all?

You know what they say when India's stacker (Humat Gulati) comes on the field..."Slaughter the lambs! Slaughter the lambs!!" (kinda like when Mariano Rivera would enter Yankee Stadium to that KISS song). They have the bowlers to win the whole thing...but if they put Chula in 3rd spot, thy may see more stoners come through on the forward shift (New Zealand plays the forward shift a lot as well)

I love watching cricket (usually when I am on vacation in the Caribbean and it is the only thing on ESPN Deportes).

But I am perplexed by the rules and scoring. The score is 100-0, but I am not sure if that is a large or small deficit. Also, I feel like the innings go on for hours.

We like to put the cricket matches on TV or the radio when in the Caribbean too. Not that we have any clue what's going on but when in Rome..........

What, all the jumping frogs are in Calaveras County? I guess it costs less to feed and train crickets.

The more I think about it, though, I can see some serious potential problems with housing your frog team and your cricket team in the same place.

I am not sure I see any humor in this. Cricket isn't a joke.

I don't mean to single you out, but I have noticed that a lot of people on this board like to joke about serious things like Cricket. In fact, if I had to guess, 90% of some people's posts are just jokes. To quote the automated message, I am not sure if such jokes add to the discourse of this community.

Ugh.....it's Enter Sandman by Metallica, Kiss doesn't belong in the same city as Mo & The Yankees! :devil:

We're talking about the Sport of Queens (Cricket) as played in England, Australia, New Zealand and the powerhouse India). You really should watch some YouTube videos to gain a full understanding of the intricacies of the game. Strategy, athleticism, a small degree of luck and hand/eye coordination all come into play.

Ironically, the Pakistani National League has a team called the "Fendi Frogs" and they are a mid-tier club with a great stacker (mid fielder position) named Rujit Dangadoiyet...forearms like Steve Garvey. A stud.

You know what they say when India's stacker (Humat Gulati) comes on the field..."Slaughter the lambs! Slaughter the lambs!!" (kinda like when Mariano Rivera would enter Yankee Stadium to that KISS song). They have the bowlers to win the whole thing...but if they put Chula in 3rd spot, thy may see more stoners come through on the forward shift (New Zealand plays the forward shift a lot as well)

How long do games typically last?

CBF

As most New Zealanders would say "Crickee (that's how they pronounce it) lasts until the last knocker goes through the roof" which basically means, once the Rander (kind of like the catcher is baseball) throws the ball through the midfield untouched, the game ends. That usually happens in about 3 hours but sometimes a lot longer in post season.

How long do games typically last?

CBF

Test match cricket is the pinnacle of sport. The abridged version is fine for the younger folks with the ADHD and the methamphetamine, but give me three days of 90 six-ball overs and stiff cup of yorkshire and I'll go arse over elbow with merriment.

Ugh.....it's Enter Sandman by Metallica, Kiss doesn't belong in the same city as Mo & The Yankees! :devil:

Damn, you're right. I get confused when listening to Metallica or Motley Crue (the Australian team uses a Motley Crue song for their warm ups on away matches)

What do y'all think about Dhoni quitting his job as India's Test captain during the series against Australia?

There is no way Dhoni will ever get back into the WCIL (World Cricket International League) if he makes this move. The coach was quoted as saying "Dhoni out, Dhoni gone"....that pretty much speaks for itself.

Damn, you're right. I get confused when listening to Metallica or Motley Crue (the Australian team uses a Motley Crue song for their warm ups on away matches)

There is no way Dhoni will ever get back into the WCIL (World Cricket International League) if he makes this move. The coach was quoted as saying "Dhoni out, Dhoni gone"....that pretty much speaks for itself.

Meanwhile on the other side of the pitchment, Hazlewood over Cummins selection might win Australia this game still. A reverse Philander for Abbott selection if you will.

Dhoni may return to form yet and regain his usual brilliance but as of five a bong today hes still a right duffer.

Edited by Jauronimo

Wow. Must have missed that. Duncan Fletcher is tough, much tougher than Gary Kirsten. But he's still no Ravi Shastri, I'll tell you that right now.