Jiminy Cricket World semifinals - Australia vs India

Get off your high horse already. You know bloody right well that the stump could be a full 13cm high and a striker digging a bowl wouldn't make an ounce of a difference, no matter what era. If you think Harvey Lanikaster wouldn't have won the Twenty20 championship for New Zealand back in 2009 even if he didn't dig one bowl, you're bent as a nine bob note.

Sorry to have drawn you away from cottaging..I know it takes up most of your time because it is plainly evident you haven't watched the 2009Twenty20 with any degree of clarity. Lanikaster is a Joe Soap if I've ever seen one. You can preach about center-latchmen such as Tubetti, Randolph and Willie "Dankman" Fillipo until you turn blue, but you still don't know your own onions. Go scrub yer' minge and take your rotten New Zealand team with you.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to have drawn you away from cottaging..I know it takes up most of your time because it is plainly evident you haven't watched the 2009Twenty20 with any degree of clarity. Lanikaster is a Joe Soap if I've ever seen one. You can preach about center-latchmen such as Tubetti, Randolph and Willie "Dankman" Fillipo until you turn blue, but you still don't know your own onions. Go scrub yer' minge and take your rotten New Zealand team with you.

That's a bunch of blag and guff! The 2009 New Zealand team is the greatest team to hit the cricket pitch since Vinoo Mankard & Pankaj Roy's India team's first wicket in 1956.Get your bovver boots off, and stop being such a josser.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

No answer Fergy? Or are you too nervous about the upcoming match? The wickets are set, the strikers are bowling, the bowlers are striking. It'll be a riveting jolly good fun time. Unless of course you think India's batsmen can even get two and a half crumps against New Zealand's Riley Crumperton, who's only the best Mid-handsman in the game. LOL!

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

No answer Fergy? Or are you too nervous about the upcoming match? The wickets are set, the strikers are bowling, the bowlers are striking. It'll be a riveting jolly good fun time. Unless of course you think India's batsmen can even get two and a half crumps against New Zealand's Riley Crumperton, who's only the best Mid-handsman in the game. LOL!

I recall how you cried in bed for days after the 2013 Pakistani Exxon Mobil Pro-Am. As you will recall, your idol (Griffith) took a five minute penalty for a forged bat (non-compliance penalty). When he returned, Cairo Gatson stuck him with three widgets back and a step-ball in the 10th trick. That was the day I laughed for hours. Suck it New Zealand!!

Is anyone getting blacked out of the preliminary bowling pre-match sessions? I thought directv said they would carry those too. Any tips with directv customer service here would be appreciated.

Adelphia has the bowling sessions, but only the pitch-bowl station coverage for the pre match bowling, which is like the red zone for cricket. However, the prelim striking sessions are all there.

Is anyone getting blacked out of the preliminary bowling pre-match sessions? I thought directv said they would carry those too. Any tips with directv customer service here would be appreciated.

I threatened to unsubscribe from DirecTV and they gave me 6 months of the "PakCrick" channel for free. Last night they were showing the highlights from the 1992 AllStars...GAWD this were greats days.

Get off your high horse already. You know bloody right well that the stump could be a full 13cm high and a striker digging a bowl wouldn't make an ounce of a difference, no matter what era. If you think Harvey Lanikaster wouldn't have won the Twenty20 championship for New Zealand back in 2009 even if he didn't dig one bowl, you're bent as a nine bob note.

An ounce of difference? How very unmetric.

Well, guys. Can't say I am surprised that the kiwis pretty much tanked that match. Who even misses a back spinner and slap slog on their own wicket?

It didn't help that the refs were pretty much letting the Ausies bully the bowlers in the mid innings giving them less than 3 metres of extra wank.

Oh, well. At least we have the Dubai play-in tourney next week. If anyone else will be in Abu Dabi for that, PM me.

Well, guys. Can't say I am surprised that the kiwis pretty much tanked that match. Who even misses a back spinner and slap slog on their own wicket?

It didn't help that the refs were pretty much letting the Ausies bully the bowlers in the mid innings giving them less than 3 metres of extra wank.

Oh, well. At least we have the Dubai play-in tourney next week. If anyone else will be in Abu Dabi for that, PM me.

I think I'm going...Minivan Mike is going too so we're gonna tailgate for a bit and I'll text you updated scores. I'm gonna wear my Turkey Tankcommander jersey #16 (You know who that is right?)

I think I'm going...Minivan Mike is going too so we're gonna tailgate for a bit and I'll text you updated scores. I'm gonna wear my Turkey Tankcommander jersey #16 (You know who that is right?)

Turkey Tankcomander? Really? I know throwback jerseys are all the rage, but he's the most overrated bowler in the history of the game! Dude ended his career with a 64/23 career wicket average.

Turkey Tankcomander? Really? I know throwback jerseys are all the rage, but he's the most overrated bowler in the history of the game! Dude ended his career with a 64/23 career wicket average.

Ouch.

Fergy: got agree with TRBJ here. Turkey is a bit overrated. He was much better at university than in the pros.

Well, we may have lost the final, but...

Bring on the Rugby World Cup! Go All Blacks!

I don't know nearly as much about Rugby...who's your team? How about cricket?? Favorite batsman? Favorite mid-grinder of all time? I have to go with Cheeky Roberts from the 1996 Pakistani BP Bombers.

I don't know nearly as much about Rugby...who's your team? How about cricket?? Favorite batsman? Favorite mid-grinder of all time? I have to go with Cheeky Roberts from the 1996 Pakistani BP Bombers.

Really? Cheeky Robert's was good. But best? If he didn't have Ravi Shankar as the back grinder, and Rashiv Pankel at mid pitch, Cheeky Roberts would be considered on the same level as Chuck Osgood from Australia's 1986 team, you bugger!

Fergy, I know you're a purist, but how do you feel about adding a 7.5 cm wick four meters from the strikers bowl?

LOL. LOL. Yeah....let's do that and allow guys like Griffith (your idol) and other tallish bowl strikers like Patel, Chandria and Ugglandopit abuse other mid strikers with glancing slaps and topping rushers like they did in the 2010 Mid-Indian Penzoil Pro-Am. That was ridiculous. No thanks.

Unlike most of the buffoons in this thread, I could explain the game in detail to you all. Unfortunately I'm really not a fan of the sport, so I can't be bothered.

I will say one thing however...

Through all its tedium as a sport, at least they catch balls like real men with their bare hands, unlike baseball which apparently needs padded buckets to be able to catch the ball.

Edited by Dibs