Jiminy Cricket World semifinals - Australia vs India

Unlike most of the buffoons in this thread, I could explain the game in detail to you all. Unfortunately I'm really not a fan of the sport, so I can't be bothered.

I will say one thing however...

Through all its tedium as a sport, at least they catch balls like real men with their bare hands, unlike baseball which apparently needs padded buckets to be able to catch the ball.

So you're saying we're buffoons just because we have different "slang" names for common cricket tactics and skills. Sure I could say "century" but I prefer "stacker". Just like some guys say "nice tackle" or "helluva stick". I can safely say JR in Pitts and TRBJ have an even better understanding of the game than me (and it hurts me to say that). What team do you follow?

And I agree with you on the barehanded play...same with the white knickers. No padding up top.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying we're buffoons just because we have different "slang" names for common cricket tactics and skills. Sure I could say "century" but I prefer "stacker". Just like some guys say "nice tackle" or "helluva stick". I can safely say JR in Pitts and TRBJ have an even better understanding of the game than me (and it hurts me to say that). What team do you follow?

And I agree with you on the barehanded play...same with the white knickers. No padding up top.

I think Dibs is trying to bait you into some sick game here. Haters gonna hate. Or as Roshni Chandra used to say to the dirty Ausie bowlers in the 88 cup, "bandi mushki se bani han!!"

I think Dibs is trying to bait you into some sick game here. Haters gonna hate. Or as Roshni Chandra used to say to the dirty Ausie bowlers in the 88 cup, "bandi mushki se bani han!!"

You can say that again.

Guys have different likes and dislikes. Some guys like waterpolo. Others...table tennis. But you don't see me denigrate and attack them for liking a sport where a little white ball gets hit over a net. Nope - I'll take a hard core ball, 12-20 men donning white pants and shirts and 5 hours to kill with a 12 pack of suds. That's my passion.

I don't follow cricket.....but I'm an Australian, so I want them to win.

As stated above - Australia has had better teams (I'm thinking mostly from 2003-2010). Pretty dramatic dropoff when Noah Jennings retired in 2009. Still, they'll come through fine as long as Pakistan plays off the mid-striker position.

Unlike most of the buffoons in this thread, I could explain the game in detail to you all. Unfortunately I'm really not a fan of the sport, so I can't be bothered.

I will say one thing however...

Through all its tedium as a sport, at least they catch balls like real men with their bare hands, unlike baseball which apparently needs padded buckets to be able to catch the ball.

Buffoons is it?!?!? Right then. I defy you to find one bit askew with me posts bout crickey. Put the kettle on, Fergy love, and fetch my fisticuffs knickers.

Edited by Jauronimo

Buffons is it?!?!? I defy you to find one bit askew with me posts bout crickey. Put the kettle on, Fergy love, and fetch my fisticuffs knickers.

Not to mention he's been talking :censored: about Griffith (my favorite player) all week. Because of one bad derby roll back in '09, where he ended up getting the half bat anyway!

Not to mention he's been talking :censored: about Griffith (my favorite player) all week. Because of one bad derby roll back in '09, where he ended up getting the half bat anyway!

It's not just your infatuation with Griffith...it's JR's admiration of Golik and the Aussie team in general. Any team that purposefully adjusts wicket scoring to accomodate mid-striking batsmen and removes full-ranking from the daily sheets is subject to a three crank penalty.

Then there's Jauronimo's affinity for the Brits and their pompous captain Neil Longshort...he's the epitome of a racker gone bad with his weak short shot and smack talk during championship matches...wanker!!

It's not just your infatuation with Griffith...it's JR's admiration of Golik and the Aussie team in general. Any team that purposefully adjusts wicket scoring to accomodate mid-striking batsmen and removes full-ranking from the daily sheets is subject to a three crank penalty.

Then there's Jauronimo's affinity for the Brits and their pompous captain Neil Longshort...he's the epitome of a racker gone bad with his weak short shot and smack talk during championship matches...wanker!!

Weak jam, coming from a Dinsdale Pollywog advocate. Get pooked, you blarmey chav piker!

Weak jam, coming from a Dinsdale Pollywog advocate. Get pooked, you blarmey chav piker!

Based on this overgeneralization...I'm beginning to think Dibs is right...you guys have no idea what you're talking about. I find it offensive how the lot of you have minimized the athleticism and fine tuned skills of cricketeers in the mid east and asia. You all can boast about the Brits and British Light (Aussies and Zealanders) but the real teams as of late hail from Pakistan and Tazikistan.

Based on this overgeneralization...I'm beginning to think Dibs is right...you guys have no idea what you're talking about. I find it offensive how the lot of you have minimized the athleticism and fine tuned skills of cricketeers in the mid east and asia. You all can boast about the Brits and British Light (Aussies and Zealanders) but the real teams as of late hail from Pakistan and Tazikistan.

Of course they are now, what with the 7 cm wicks and the two bounce rule. They strong-armed the ICC to change those rules so it benefits them. You can't tell me that Ravi Shavink, as good of a field striker as he is, would have help up to Griffith (The greatest player in the history of the game, my favorite) if they still have 7 meter half lengths.

Like the old saying goes, get an Indian and Pakistani cricket player in the same room, they'll change all the light bulbs, and make you sandwich.

Don't get me started on the doping scandal in Tazikistan in 'ought 9.

Not sure how the international federation of professional and semi-professional cricketeers ("IFP&SPC") thought adding B-12 injections to the Tazis' tea was kosher.

Don't get me started on the doping scandal in Tazikistan in 'ought 9.

Not sure how the international federation of professional and semi-professional cricketeers ("IFP&SPC") thought adding B-12 injections to the Tazis' tea was kosher.

Same reason they approved a third shanker on the field. Because Amar Skajiv is on the board. If New Zealand great Ned Sanderson were alive today, you bet your sweet nobgobbler he wouldn't have so much power.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Same reason they approved a third shanker on the field. Because Amar Skajiv is on the board. If New Zealand great Ned Sanderson were alive today, you bet your sweet nobgobbler he wouldn't have so much power.

Sanderson is dead! I thought that wicked wicketeer was still in a Turkish prison, drinking gin and running the Interpol mums league.

Sanderson is dead! I thought that wicked wicketeer was still in a Turkish prison, drinking gin and running the Interpol mums league.

Turkish prisons and Pakistani bath houses are where Ziggy Nikoletti and Jonah Shapiro learned how to run fast around the squares. Nothing wrong with that. Your Aussies and Jauronimo's Brits were wanking and cottaging in dark taverns while my guys were working their asses off. Go Pakies!!!

They've sped the game up considerably lately. It used to literally take days to play. Cricket makes baseball look like a drag race.

So you've watched a few matches?? Excellent. I thought the the four of us were the only ones who follow it.

So you've watched a few matches?? Excellent. I thought the the four of us were the only ones who follow it.

We should get Promo to come to Dubai too. We can tailgate with some sharma kabob, fried shrimp heads, and Saudi cognac. Play a little "around the picket wicket" in the playard too.