Who do you want the Bills to take 1st in draft?

Best player available at 50. These guys would be good options...

CB Robert Darby

LB Stephone Anthony

DE Mario Edwards

DL Jordan Philips

DE Owa Ogdihuzwa

DL Eddie Goldman

DL Ellis McCarthy

I don't know any of those players, but with them lol being defense, I would kinda feel like we should be looking to get ahold of the best OL we can, as it's currently our weakest position... Unless these players you listed are guys who you feel could be a serious asset to the team, and fill in talent gaps that present themselves when Kyle gets older, Mario leaves after a couple more seasons, and possibly Bradham leaves after this year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the O-Line people. Is it possible that running a different scheme upfront negates our need for an offensive lineman in the draft? Is it possible that some of the young guys hanging around OBD have been working on getting better?

Question for the O-Line people. Is it possible that running a different scheme upfront negates our need for an offensive lineman in the draft? Is it possible that some of the young guys hanging around OBD have been working on getting better?

I think it's possible the new scheme, coaching staff, and year of nfl training/conditioning could lead to CK and Richardson improving. Yet I think it's a gamble at the same time. If it doesn't work out, it might be too late to fix it. I think it makes the most sense to draft a guy high, as they are usually ready to start right away (esp. at Guard). CK was more of an exception. If they all step up, you can cut Chris Williams at the end of camp. I do think they should take a guy who is versatile and can play OT and OG.

Somewhere between the 2. He's right around 45 on my board, so a slight fall?

Hmmm could shift Glenn to G. He's the right kind of LT for roman scheme I think. Edited by YoloinOhio

I always laugh at the best player available approach, like its an exact science.

"yeah this punter is WAY better than that Left Guard"

Totally agree. "This speedy WR with hands of stone is way better than that QB who is obviously too short."

There is a lot of young talent that needs to be developed on the O-Line from recent drafts. The first couple of picks should be used on guys that can develop behind a starter that has a contract coming up or is aging. Two areas would be D-Line and CB. Have to think if a top RB slips a little that could be an option too.

An immediate starter who has a positive impact on the team's overall performance. :D

Its just that simple really.

you really should be bending Whaleys ear : )

seeing as i believe OG will be taken care of in free agency......mathis or evans

round #2- TE Devin Funchess

round #3- DE Preston Smith (5 technique guy)

all the above^

I always laugh at the best player available approach, like its an exact science.

"yeah this punter is WAY better than that Left Guard"

BPA on their board...of course you take need if players are close....and punters aren't players :nana:

I believe the Bills will end up cutiing Chris Williams and pickup another veteran guard to man LG. Unless Hairston comes back we have no backup Tackles. Unless Henderson gets really better this year he is the only person that can move to LT if Glenn gets hurt. In a pinch C Williams could if they keep him but that is not what should happen here. I would grap a T/G in 2nd round and G/ILB in the 3rd round. Wish I could say we draft best available player but the Bills have needed backup positions that can't be filled with undrafted freeagents.

Its just that simple really.

you really should be bending Whaleys ear : )

all the above^

trade down. and get more picks please.

Can we accomplish both? Draft someone impactful where we stand or trade down and get more picks?

I would think staying put gives us more of a chance to draft a player ready to contribute right away as this seems to be the FO plan.

A trade down doesn't seem likely, IMO.

Can we accomplish both? Draft someone impactful where we stand or trade down and get more picks?

I would think staying put gives us more of a chance to draft a player ready to contribute right away as this seems to be the FO plan.

A trade down doesn't seem likely, IMO.

Its wishful thinking. Whaley has done it before! But at fifty ? not likely i agree. i think it becomes picking a position of need for both teams instead of a BPA pick

With Whaley being a wheeling-and-dealing type, I would be quite surprised if we stand pat with our picks. I could see us trading back into the 1st round to grab one of the top Tackles and have them play guard.

Trade our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to move to a mid-round 1st pick (plus a 5th?) and grab one of the top 10 LT prospects. I would be okay sacrificing some of our depth grabs this year to get a guaranteed OL starter, as long as our habit of gambling away future picks stops after going so hard all-in for this year.

Edited by LA Grant