Good listen: Sanjay Lal with Murph last night

Check this out in the WGR audio vault (hour 1 of John Murphy show). Many of us didn't know Lal coming in, but he comes across in the interview as very knowledgeable, has great rapport with Harvin.

Talked about the offensive philosophy as being very physical and that they feel they have the full complement of players to run a complete Greg Roman offense. To my surprise, he even mentioned Goodwin.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I was worried about the Sanjay hire till after this interview, sounds good to me.

He was a pretty good college WR at first UCLA and then Washington in late 80's early 90's. Played on the Husky national championship team in 92.

I liked his interview. He sounded like a straight to the point type of guy. The only thing that stood out to me was when he said that Harvin has to learn his routes on the outside which had me thinking if they was trying to play woods in the slot instead of Harvin

But I thought everyone knew he was a terrible hire without really knowing anything about him?

Yeah we knew of Ike Hilliard as a player so he had to be a better coach. In all seriousness though, I actually listened to that interview live and in addition to coming off as extremely knowledgeable, he sounded like such an incredible a**hole. He does sound like he's got his act together and he means business, I'll definitely give him that.

I liked his interview. He sounded like a straight to the point type of guy. The only thing that stood out to me was when he said that Harvin has to learn his routes on the outside which had me thinking if they was trying to play woods in the slot instead of Harvin

I was right with what I said about Harvin

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/03/20/fan-friday-3-20-2/

1 – @ChrisBrownBills

Are we looking at a WR1 with Harvin? Watkins WR2. Woods WR3. Harvin, starting combo? Are they looking to add another WR through draft?

killerbeekevin

CB: I still think Sammy Watkins remains the number one option in Buffalo’s passing game despite the signing of Percy Harvin. Harvin is probably the number two receiver outside in light of the money invested in him. The Harvin acquisition was done to discourage defenses from doubling Watkins.

Woods and Hogan probably work out of the slot more. If Clay becomes Bills property he works the seams and the flats underneath.

As for drafting a receiver, I think that’s one position you can cross off the list unless some phenomenal talent slips to them that wasn’t expected. The reason why is looking at Buffalo’s depth chart right now your top five wideouts look like this.

Watkins

Harvin

Woods

Hogan

Easley – for special teams

After that you’ve got Goodwin, Thigpen, Brown, Holley, Thompson and Palmer. Do the Bills keep six receivers this year? Knowing they will be carrying a fullback and need numbers at tight end for Greg Roman’s offense I don’t think seeing six receivers on Buffalo’s 53-man roster is as likely as it was under the previous coaching staff.

I think Harvin is best in the slot, not so sure of his outside game. I like Woods on the outside though he's a nice slot guy too. But what do I know - just a fan.

Ultimately, I think you see all 3 move around. That'll be part of the fun with this group. You could have sammy and Percy wide one play with woods in the slot and clay in line then clay and harvin in the backfield with woods McCoy and sammy on the line.

He sounds like Christopher Walken

which is pretty cool right ?

:rolleyes:

Ultimately, I think you see all 3 move around. That'll be part of the fun with this group. You could have sammy and Percy wide one play with woods in the slot and clay in line then clay and harvin in the backfield with woods McCoy and sammy on the line.

Its gonna be nutso. the weaponry and a real set of Coaches top to bottom.

Just listened. this guy is no BS, knows his stuff.

And he is all IN, it seems.

I like him already.