Trade for Ryan Nassib?

Vinaccia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

how is he any better than Cassel?

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

well there is at least one Syracuse U. fan on this board

Nassib gets rid of the ball in a hurry, but needs to work on his foot work. He doesn't step up into the pocket very well either. Throws off his back foot a lot, doesn't step into his throws. These are all " coachable" flaws that with a little work from a good QB coach could be corrected, but no, the Bills will not trade anybody for him. They have enough on their plate with coaching EJ and getting Matt up to speed with the playbook. Tyrod is a work in progress as well.

He sux. said it then and now. Remember when over half this board loved him,said he was the sure 1st pick. Esp that dog something poster and Kelly dog.

Turns his head when getting rushed or about to get hit. This causing bad throws or fumbles. Afraid of getting hit. Same thing I noticed about Gabbert when watching college clips.

if this guy went to Utah, Arizona, Virginia, or DeVry no one would care about him. But, we do because he went to Cuse. We kept hearing his name and were convinced in loser fashion he's worth a shot because everyone kept saying he played for Marrone.

Marrone didn't want him. Marrone is garbage. Why would we want him?

if this guy went to Utah, Arizona, Virginia, or DeVry no one would care about him. But, we do because he went to Cuse. We kept hearing his name and were convinced in loser fashion he's worth a shot because everyone kept saying he played for Marrone.

Marrone didn't want him. Marrone is garbage. Why would we want him?

Well, for starters he is a perfect fit for a west coast offense. He's smart (can read the whole field), has good arm strength and is athletic and improved significantly from year one to two per all reports I've seen. He was the number 1 QB on Gruden's board in 2013. He's also likely a better prospect than every QB in this draft except Winston. The only way I think Mariota will have a chance is if he goes to Chip Kelly and even then I'm skeptical.

I would trade a 3rd rounder for Nassib in a heartbeat.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

All I've read about Nassib in this thread indicates that he should have been a first rounder. Can someone give some negatives to his game?

I've watched 12+ of his games and really don't get the interest in this guy. No outstanding traits, no wow throws. Can't call his arm strong, maybe just average. Screams back-up when I watch him.

I like the toughness he shows and he does have some accuracy but that is about it.

All I've read about Nassib in this thread indicates that he should have been a first rounder. Can someone give some negatives to his game?

I've watched 12+ of his games and really don't get the interest in this guy. No outstanding traits, no wow throws. Can't call his arm strong, maybe just average. Screams back-up when I watch him.

I like the toughness he shows and he does have some accuracy but that is about it.

I've seen every game of Nassib's, college and pro. He has gotten better every single year.

Negatives:

-Doesn't have elite arm strength.

-Is athletic, but not Russell Wilson athletic.

-Only 6'2"

-Played in the Big East which means he didn't play against top level defenses. This is a huge negative for some people. I mean, just look at all those fantastic SEC QB's starting in the NFL that have benefited from it.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall