Best team in the NFL if you take out the QB position

Wait, you mean we've won the off season again?!

I totally understand tempering unbridled, unwarranted optimism. And a lot of the fanboy stuff. And I'm not really talking about this specific post because it's a good criticism. But can't you ever just like anything and enjoy anything? Why would you intentionally want to just piss on and badmouth everything? I don't get it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitch Mitchell?

He got laid plenty.

I totally understand tempering unbridled, unwarranted optimism. And a lot of the fanboy stuff. And I'm not really talking about this specific post because it's a good criticism. But can't you ever just like anything and enjoy anything? Why would you intentionally want to just piss on and badmouth everything? I don't get it.

Oh I do. WEO is a Pats lovin' troll.

Who says I'm not pumped ? I believe we'll make the playoffs this year, and we might even win our 1st round game. I am pumped about that ! All I'm saying is that IMO, without a good/great QB, we are not winning the big one. BTW, hate to say it but Sanchez in those 2 years was better than what we have at QB right now.

This might be true, but it only enhances my point about having a good QB.

What you are doing is convincing yourself we can't win before we even get out on the field. You should never stop believing. It's the ones that don't listen to statements such as "teams without great QBs don't win the big one" that go on to win the big one. Every rule can be broken. If the Bills go on to win a Super Bowl or even just make it to the Super Bowl, every team without a good QB will copycat our system.

I also disagree that a rookie and sophomore Sanchez is better than a veteran Cassel and 3rd year Manuel. Another ridiculous statement.

Just be happy that you're not him.

I think the Bills belong in the conversation for best talent:

Tier 1: Broncos, Ravens, Pats, Steelers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bengals and Dolphins.

Tier 2: Colts, Chargers, Giants, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Panthers, Rams, Falcons, Jets

Tier 3: Bears, Jaguars, Titans, 49ers, Raiders, Redskins, Saints, Buccaneers

So what tier are you saying the Bills should be in ?

Or he could actually form an opinion based on the specific move being made. Granted, I don't get the "I love every move the Bills make" crowd just as much as I don't get the "I hate every move the Bills make" crowd.

Yeah I know everyone gets excited about their paper teams during the offseason, but I honestly think we are the most talented team in the league aside from the qb position.

Coaching, top 5 defense with the best front 4 in the NFL, top 5 receiving corps (getting open, toughness, speed and hands I put Sammy, Woods and Percy against any three), a top 5 runner, special teams etc.

Yes the qb position is weak, and it's obviously the most important, but there are only a handful of elite NFL qb's in the entire world and it's pretty much impossible to see one hit the free agent market, so you have to get lucky in the draft. But as far as the rest of the team I think Whaley and Pegula have done a great job so far, hard to ask for much more.

We need to start the season in a few weeks.......

It's kind of like you are asking, who's the best looking women in the world if we cut off the head.

I would argue that it is impossible to judge the best with a critical component, especially that component. The hottest women can be dumb as a box of rocks, a mean hearted B and still get lots of dates. Tom Brady has average talent around him and clearly not the roster and wins a Super Bowl. Therefore, the best talent minus the QB is completely irrelevant.

It's almost like Bills fans need something to grab a hold of, so we want to declare that outside of the QB position, we have one of the best roster. Great and next year if we don't find a way to win 10/11 games and finally make the playoffs, what difference did it make.

A team without a good QB and as bad an offensive line as there is, is the most talented team? Sorry, that's stupid.

QB is by far the most important position, so unless something incredibly unexpected happens, don't hold your breath that Buffalo will win the Super Bowl next season.

I think they are 50-50 to ms me the playoffs, though and I think 10 wins is a fair guess.

Once again I urge us to remember the '11 Eagles and all the proclamations of "Dream Team" that offseason, and to pay heed to the wisdom of Mr. Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction.'

GO BILLS!!!

Ok, I'm with you on the "proclamations of 'Dream Team' that offseason," but can you help me out with the Mr. Wolf wisdom? I watched that movie a long time ago and was in an...altered state when I did so. Thanks! :thumbsup: GO BILLS!!! #SUPERBOWL!

Edited by Rivermont Mike

We have a talented team but I would say seattle

I'm going to "Ditto" your comment Billsfan11. Seattle is definitely the best team in the NFL when you take out the QB. The Best Defense, a very good offense and special teams. Not to mention quality coaching. That puts them at the top of the mountain in my book.

BigPappy

Ok, I'm with you on the "proclamations of 'Dream Team' that offseason," but can you help me out with the Mr. Wolf wisdom? I watched that movie a long time ago and was in an...altered state when I did so. Thanks! :thumbsup: GO BILLS!!! #SUPERBOWL!

After Vince and Jules cleaned up the car, Jimmie says he can't believe it's the same car whereby Mr. Wolfe proclaims, "Well, let's not start sucking each other's di@ks quite yet."

GO BILLS!!!

My list of teams with most talent minus QB:

1. Seattle

2. Broncos

3. Packers

4. Colts

5. Texans

6. Cowboys

7. Bills

8. Bengals

9. Steelers

10. Rams

Just to clarify, you're not saying these teams, some of them atleast, are necessarily depleated at QB, just their QB is surrounded by talent, right?

Once again I urge us to remember the '11 Eagles and all the proclamations of "Dream Team" that offseason, and to pay heed to the wisdom of Mr. Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction.'

GO BILLS!!!

It was Vince Young that said that, so you have to account for the source. Plus, the Eagles signed big name defensive players that off-season to strengthen the D. The Bills have a good D and kept the key pieces together, not a good analogy...

He's a miserable F***, just ignore him...He is what he is...

fixed

Well...Not Kiko status, but um....huh...don't get that one...

Edited by ricojes

He's a miserable F***, just ignore him...He is what he is...

Well...Not Kiko status, but um....huh...don't get that one...

Maybe you forgot this legendary play in Buffalo Bills lore.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=vince+young+buffalo+bills&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=1584D277CC7D57357AA71584D277CC7D57357AA7

It was Vince Young that said that, so you have to account for the source. Plus, the Eagles signed big name defensive players that off-season to strengthen the D. The Bills have a good D and kept the key pieces together, not a good analogy...

I don't care who was first to say it, but the media was all over it and repeated the mantra the entire summer. Hyperbole doesn't begin to describe it.

If you want to get bogged down in the minutiae and feel compelled to compare every

last aspect of each team's respective offseason moves, be my guest. The much larger point I made remains.

GO BILLS!!!