A little perspective, hopefully

GG

So, I'm watching the GEICO commercial with Kenny Rogers and it hit me. The Clay situation is the classic gambler trap where pursuing the desired card takes away from focusing on the hand and what everyone has on the table.

Hopefully, Bills can take a step back and realize that by trying to keep Clay, Dolphins have hurt their team. They should keep him because these moves made them worse. To get under the cap, they gutted the roster. They don't have the roster flexibility and they'll have to do a lot of moving to Suh's contract next year to squeeze in Tanneyhill.

They finished 8-8 last year and never had the look of a team that was just on the verge.

Granted, Suh gives them a lot of heft on the DL, but outside Wake, they don't have depth. Their LB corps took a beating with the roster moves, and what can you say about a team where Kelvin Sheppard is a starting ILB. Their secondary was average and hasn't improved.

On offense, the QB is average, the RBs are subpar and the WRs are now Landry & Stills. Uhhm, mkay. So yeah, let them have the toy TEs.

In the end, this will end up better for the Bills.

So, I'm watching the GEICO commercial with Kenny Rogers and it hit me. The Clay situation is the classic gambler trap where pursuing the desired card takes away from focusing on the hand and what everyone has on the table.

Hopefully, Bills can take a step back and realize that by trying to keep Clay, Dolphins have hurt their team. They should keep him because these moves made them worse. To get under the cap, they gutted the roster. They don't have the roster flexibility and they'll have to do a lot of moving to Suh's contract next year to squeeze in Tanneyhill.

They finished 8-8 last year and never had the look of a team that was just on the verge.

Granted, Suh gives them a lot of heft on the DL, but outside Wake, they don't have depth. Their LB corps took a beating with the roster moves, and what can you say about a team where Kelvin Sheppard is a starting ILB. Their secondary was average and hasn't improved.

On offense, the QB is average, the RBs are subpar and the WRs are now Landry & Stills. Uhhm, mkay. So yeah, let them have the toy TEs.

Good post - interesting take.

It makes me sad it's the truth that Tannehill is average but I think he's better than what we got :huh:

Edited by Hopeful

Good take, but i think that tannehill is better than average, and that is he bound to improve.

Good post. I was thinking similar thoughts. if we screw over Miami by forcing them to bid too much we win. If they give in and we get Clay, we win. Its a win-win. I just think we ought to get Gresham in interim. make it so we could cut him without much penalty. And I also want Mathis. Waiting around for us to actually improve the O-line is tiring me. With that said, If I had to choose between improving O-line only a little and upgrading TE a little, I'd choose TE because the draft is deep in TE if we want backups, but not if we want day 1 starters. I really like Laken Tomlinson, and he'd be good enough for me, and if we dont get a TE in FA, I'm worried we'll try drafting one too high.

Good take, but i think that tannehill is better than average, and that is he bound to improve.

I agree. I moved to Miami this year and watched a good amount of Dolphins games on TV. Tannehill is going to be a top 7-10 QB in this league. They're set at that position.

If I thought the Dolphins would stand between us and the playoffs, this would be better.

I haven't followed everything the dolphins have done, obviously signing Suh and getting Stills,Cameron.... how have they gutted their roster? Seems like the saved some money getting rid of Wallace. I think Miami has a better handle on their cap situation then anyone here.

I haven't followed everything the dolphins have done, obviously signing Suh and getting Stills,Cameron.... how have they gutted their roster? Seems like the saved some money getting rid of Wallace. I think Miami has a better handle on their cap situation then anyone here.

they cut or traded 3 WRs, 2 LBs, 2 DL, 1 OG, and their Punter and that's just off the top of my head Edited by YoloinOhio

Good post. I was thinking similar thoughts. if we screw over Miami by forcing them to bid too much we win. If they give in and we get Clay, we win. Its a win-win. I just think we ought to get Gresham in interim. make it so we could cut him without much penalty. And I also want Mathis. Waiting around for us to actually improve the O-line is tiring me. With that said, If I had to choose between improving O-line only a little and upgrading TE a little, I'd choose TE because the draft is deep in TE if we want backups, but not if we want day 1 starters. I really like Laken Tomlinson, and he'd be good enough for me, and if we dont get a TE in FA, I'm worried we'll try drafting one too high.

I agree with throwing mad money at Clay to either land him or kill the 'Phins cap is the way to go. Yet I can't say trading for Mathis is as he's old and not sure we need a 33 year OG here. I'd rather spend the money on a guy like Blalock who has a few more years in here or maybe go Wiesnewski and move Wood to RG. I can't say I'm a fan of Laken as read reports he isn't anything special. To me the best OG in the draft is Caan and all the rest are questionable day 1 starters.