Ian Rapoport: Eagles working to trade G Evan Mathis

Punch

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we trade away our 5th and 7th to Minnesota for their 6th and Cassel? So that means we would have a 2nd, 3rd, and two 6ths remaining?

We had 2 5ths this year. The 1st pick in the 5th from Tampa (gone to the Vikings) and our own. So we have a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 2 6ths.

The reports are that the Bills are one of five teams interested. They're probably looking for more than he's actually worth given his age. I'd offer a 4th, but we don't have one.

5th and Goodwin?

Guy is 33 years old. How many lineman can you think of that switched teams this late in the game and excelled elsewhere?

It does happen with O-linemen from time to time.

The guy is good, but he is old...I am not sure I would be that quick to give up more than a 4th rdr for him...we don't have a first round pick this year, you know! :rolleyes:

We had 2 5ths this year. The 1st pick in the 5th from Tampa (gone to the Vikings) and our own. So we have a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 2 6ths.

5th and Goodwin?

You know....that might be a good offer? Chip doesn't seem to worry about injury history...and Goodwin is a burner... I have a feeling he won't be on our opening day roster anyway.

!@#$ the pats

@jeffphowe: Source: Patriots express interest in trading for Eagles guard Evan Mathis http://t.co/3CfN5gZgv5

And ironically, they let Dan Connolly go at the age of 32...he started 13 games for them, including the Super Bowl and was quite good...I don't get it?? I would like the BILLS to go after Connolly, he's a LG....

And ironically, they let Dan Connolly go at the age of 32...he started 13 games for them, including the Super Bowl and was quite good...I don't get it?? I would like the BILLS to go after Connolly, he's a LG....

When I think of the irony of the Patriots' moves relative to their interest in Mathis, what immediately comes to mind is trading away Logan Mankins, a perennial pro bowl OG, at the age of 32, to avoid his cap hit.

As to Connolly, I like him as a game day interior backup.

Source close to situation confirms that @EvanMathis69 trade is indeed close.

I'm guessing Miami or NE

Please be Buffalo...

Source close to situation confirms that @EvanMathis69 trade is indeed close.

I'm guessing Miami or NE

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 21m 21 minutes ago

Not so fast on Evan Mathis? Dolphins say there's no deal in the works. So pump the brakes.

I've got a good feeling :lol:

Just seems like the timing of this and the delay in the Clay deal aren't coincidental...plus this would be the 3rd Bills-Eagles trade in under a year's time.

Chip must have us on speed dial by now