Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

Not sure if already posted.

@TCBILLS_Astro: Enjoyed watching this highlights video of #Bills QBs EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor dueling in the ACC Championship https://t.co/oCI9UeiqGW

Best part of the video for me was Nigel Bradham's blocked FG. He's good.

I was just pointing out it was a FSU highlight video, not a dueling QB's highlight video

100% correct.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He certainly was not nearly as mechanical looking in college :)

I was just pointing out it was a FSU highlight video, not a dueling QB's highlight video

Here are Tyrod highlights

Edited by K-Apps

Holy crap that article takes a turn! :lol:

Dude's wrong about why Tyrod left the Ravens. Harsh on Rex given that the GM was also a big a part of the Jets downfall.

Tyrod's definitely on a mission to prove people like this wrong. Time will tell.

Dude's wrong about why Tyrod left the Ravens.

The only quotes I've seen regarding Harbaugh's opinion of Taylor were along the lines of disappointment that he didn't play better in the limited game opportunities that he had. Of course, the key word is "limited", because he barely had any opportunities.

The only quotes I've seen regarding Harbaugh's opinion of Taylor were along the lines of disappointment that he didn't play better in the limited game opportunities that he had. Of course, the key word is "limited", because he barely had any opportunities.

- Flacco is a Super Bowl champion QB with a huge contract and never gets hurt

- Taylor wanted a situation where he had a chance to start

- Was an unrestricted FREE agent and exercised that FREEdom

- Has been pretty open about simply wanting to move

Edited by moshermw

- Flacco is a Super Bowl champion QB with a huge contract and never gets hurt

- Taylor wanted a situation where he had a chance to start

- Was an unrestricted FREE agent and exercised that FREEdom

- Has been pretty open about simply wanting to move

No, I'm aware of all that, I didn't clarify what I meanr. I was only referring to "negative" comments about Taylor not developing. It's been used as shorthand in a few articles but there's no evidence (that I've seen) suggesting Harbaugh was actually disappointed in his overall development.

No, I'm aware of all that, I didn't clarify what I meanr. I was only referring to "negative" comments about Taylor not developing. It's been used as shorthand in a few articles but there's no evidence (that I've seen) suggesting Harbaugh was actually disappointed in his overall development.

Yes. I think that's true. Kubiak is also gone from the Ravens as OC but loved TT. No detail on whether improvements in his pure pocket passing was the reason.

From a Ravens article pre-season last year:

"Backup Tyrod Tayloricon-article-link.gif likes new Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak’s offense, as it suits his skillset well. The results are showing on the field, as Taylor has opened some eyes with his play under center.

“I’ve been very impressed,” Kubiak said.

“Ty really bought into what we’re doing; he’s working extremely hard. The thing I love about Ty, I know his goal is to be a starter in this league and that’s what you want as a coach. So he’s very competitive, pushes Joe every day, doing a great job.”

Head Coach John Harbaugh split up his team during Monday’s practice at M&T Bank Stadium. There was Team Tyrod and Team Flacco, with the second- and first-team offenses squaring off in an 11-on-11 scrimmage. Team Tyrod won."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-Impressing-In-Training-Camp/e7667379-51a8-4aaf-a0ad-3421da5a247c

I was once a huge EJ supporter but no more. Yes he was at 70% in college and his YPA was high, but he was still dinkin' and dunkin' the ball. His receivers YAC made him look good. I gave up on EJ. I look at him as cap relief in 2016.

I guess that explains the Addition of Harvin and possibly Clay along with McCoy, Watkins & Woods we for some YAC attack monsters.

What I really like is The Bills are taking swings and looking to hit a home run at the QB position.

Since we do not have a shot at a franchise QB, we need someone to protect the ball, convert third downs and win the field position battle. I don't care which of the three win the job...I just hope whoever does is able to protect the damn ball.

It's a great low risk move.

I do like that we're not BSing around given the limitations. Still like Moore as an option, but at least we go into camp with two guys with 10+ starts, one with some reasonable success on multiple teams, and a bit of an athletic wild card guy. An improvement on prior years where we were touting the merits of Mr. Glass, waiting for Ort-man, praying for Craig Nall, or inflating Brohm.

With all due respect, holy homer alert! :) EJ had a higher QB rating, much higher completion % in college, more yards from scrimmage, etc. in college than Taylor. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tyrod-taylor-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ej-manuel-1.html

Taylor has a 47 qb rating and has never thrown a td in the pros and never started a game. EJ is at a 78.5 and has started 14 games.

So despite all the stats, EJ being a 1st round pick as opposed to a 6th rounder; EJ being a much bigger player; Taylor is going to be a better QB than EJ because he has improved sitting on the bench for 4 years while EJ can't improve going into his 3rd year? :blink:

I like the Taylor signing. But the lengths people go to trash EJ is getting stupid. If EJ had a similar career for another team and we signed him this year, fans would look at him much favorably.

There is nothing more annoying than people who don't know the players, haven't seen them on the field in college, yet blindly quote statistics as if stats tell the entire picture. Did you watch them play? What did you see? I watched almost every game each played in college, many in person in Blacksburg, Tallahassee, Baton Rouge, and various other locales. Two totally different teams. Two completely different talent bases on each offense. Tyrod made plays by himself because he had to. He took off running because he had to since his line couldn't hold blocks. He won games by himself because he had to. EJ was surrounded by NFL talent whereas Tyrod didn't have that luxury. That VT went to crap after Tyrod left isn't a coincidence.

I'm fine with people wanting EJ to be good. I want him to be good. But, there is a reason the Bills are loading up the roster with QBs to compete with him this off-season.