Is this finally the end of the Patriots dominance?

Dolphins have lost a lot of offense and us and the Jets don't have QBs so it will be hard to beat them. I think we have the best shot with our talent level but QB will be our downfall.

People said the same thing when Harbaugh and Roman took over the 9ers and they rode that "top 5 bust horse" Alex Smith from 6-10 to 13-3 and the conference championship

Revis is considered the best (or one of the couple best) CBs in the league. The improved Pats defense last year was predicated on Revis taking away half of the field. If they lost Revis and acquired Patrick Peterson maybe it wouldn't matter. There is no Pat Pete on the market though. They are going to have to alter what they did successfully because the foundation of that is gone. Revis is different than Patrick Chung.

I don't disagree with you - in fact we're in violent agreement that Revis is almost unique. The thing is, or I should say the g*#@a*n thing is, that f**ker Bellycheat just keeps coming up with successful alterations. He's like the NFL equivalent of Hell's Tailor.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Closing the gap" and "closed the gap" are not interchangeable. One means you're gaining on your opponent, the other means you've either matched them or overtaken them. The OP postulated that given the recent aquisitions in the AFCE, the other teams in the division are closING the gap; making up ground. When a team other than the Pats wins the AFCE, then the gap will be closED.

The gap still hasn't been closed, but you can't deny the Bills and the others aren't getting closer.

Dunno, I thought the point was rather obvious, but I guess some people need an explanation.

People said the same thing when Harbaugh and Roman took over the 9ers and they rode that "top 5 bust horse" Alex Smith from 6-10 to 13-3 and the conference championship

I don't disagree with you - in fact we're in violent agreement that Revis is almost unique. The thing is, or I should say the g*#@a*n thing is, that f**ker Bellycheat just keeps coming up with successful alterations. He's like the NFL equivalent of Hell's Tailor.

Or he's still cheating and not getting caught.

Man, glad some of you aren't on the team. Just because things have always gone one way doesn't mean it can't change. The division is changing much more dramatically this offseason than previous years and it's not impossible. The Jets are shaping up and Miami isn't regressing. This is a year where every team in the AFC East could finish at or above .500. There are only a few plays that need to go differently to change you from 8-8 to 11-5 and acquiring big impact players is how you push the needle.

The reason I like Buffalo's chances this year is because Pegula, Rex, and Whaley have far more will to win than anyone that's been running the show here for a long, long time.

Oh, I think the will has been there, I just don't think the know-how has. Rex, Roman, and Whaley are real football guys who have built winners and been on winners and actually know what it takes even if Rex could never get there with the Nyets.

I think everybody knows that things can change. We just don't buy it that NE losing players and us gaining players necessarily translates to "done!" for the Pats. Not so long as Belichek and Brady are still entrenched. We need to see more than players - we need to see coaching that is flexible to the opponent's weakness and our strength and that adjusts at halftime. Maybe we have that now.

Things can change, but until proven otherwise NE is still the beast in the East.

Yep, he is a genius on both sides of the ball. The Pats defense was the best it had been in forever last year though and the players were a huge reason why. He loses Wilfork, Browner and Revis. I would expect their defense to take a step back for sure. Whether their offense can score enough (probably so) and Belicheck can keep the defense respectable enough will determine where they end up. I don't see a 12+ win team though with the changes in the division (although their schedule is pretty easy).

The way that team is managed, if they didn't have brady they're the laughingstock of the league.

Poor drafting, zero player allegiance, cheating etc.

Amazing how one qb can cover up so much mediocrity.

This is obviously false.

Anyway, the presumed starting QBs in the rest of the AFCE are EJ, Geno and Tannebaum....

Revis is different though. That's a guy that they desperately wanted that is a key to what they do defensively. They aren't going to just plug someone else in there and keep the same level of play. This isn't like Welker to Edelman. Revis to ____ is not a wash.

Nope. Talib was a find for them a couple years ago and the Pats faltered when he was injured. They lost Talib and immediately got Revis. Now there is no replacement for either.

Nope. Talib was a find for them a couple years ago and the Pats faltered when he was injured. They lost Talib and immediately got Revis. Now there is no replacement for either.

Doc, how did someone beat you to posting this, your annual prediction?? You've lost a step, man!

Doc, how did someone beat you to posting this, your annual prediction?? You've lost a step, man!

And you waited until page 4 to respond to a Pats thread. I guess we're both slipping.

It's obvious every team in the AFC East have gotten much better this off season, that is every team except for NE. They have done nothing and have lost tons of talent so far. Revis, Browner, Wilfork, Blount, Vereen, all gone from the Superbowl team. Sure they still have Brady, albeit a year older. I don't know what they have planned, but to me it looks like the end is near and I couldn't be happier.

Did Tom Brady retire? When that happens, wake me up and then we can throw a parade...

Nah, I was deferring to you. Are you back on the "they will never win another SB"? Is this a re-set?

Sure is. I don't know how many more ways to cheat Belichick has left to pull from his bag. The videotaping, deflated balls and illegal eligible-ineligible thing have been exposed. What's left?

Then again, I should know better than to thing Belichick can't find other ways to cheat. Still, had anyone taken me up on betting the Pats wouldn't win another SB these past 10 years, I'd be 9-1.

Sure is. I don't know how many more ways to cheat Belichick has left to pull from his bag. The videotaping, deflated balls and illegal eligible-ineligible thing have been exposed. What's left?

Then again, I should know better than to thing Belichick can't find other ways to cheat. Still, had anyone taken me up on betting the Pats wouldn't win another SB these past 10 years, I'd be 9-1.

LOL, nice try. "Never" isn't something that is assessed on an annual basis, doc. It's....."never".

Meh Cassel led the Putrids to 11-5

Please explain

Great coaching.

LOL, nice try. "Never" isn't something that is assessed on an annual basis, doc. It's....."never".

Great coaching.

soo EJ does stand a chance!!

I thought you'd never admit it.

remind me again... between you and Doc.... which one loved Lineart

the 2 of you arguing on the D&C forums was classic

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever