GIVE FRED THE PROPER SEND OFF

fridge

Fred has the strongest willpower on the team. He's an incredible locker room presence. Cut his workload down and he will be an incredible third down back that will get you that first down or TD that nobody else can.

Have him take a paycut, cut his workload, whatever it takes. He's got at least another year left in him. It would be a big mistake to let him go right before a serious playoff run season.

Freddie I believe was originally extended on a two year deal. Then they tacked on the extra year. That would be this upcoming season at around 2.5 mil. Considering the complete waste the signing of Chris Williams and his outrageous guarnteed 5 million, A true bigtime Whaley swing and miss. yet that loser is still on the roster? And Fred is too expensive to keep? WTF?

But now Freds salary to some is suddenly a cap libality? Fred is a deal at whatever chump change he is being payed. For a bit of context I believe the long snapper pulls down one mil plus. fred would be cut for performance not cap related and as many have noted his work was not that bad last year. The "he lost a few steps" being repeated constantly is simply hyperbole. He couldn't hit the hole? What effin hole? Once again he was one of if not the MVP of that putrid Offense. certainly amongst backs. he will be grabbed quick if and when they foolishly cut him.

As for,"Leroi" hey insider is the big QB change and EJ's cut happening tomorrow? Inquiring minds would like an update. Your condescending Fred post lost you some cred.

Imo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred has the strongest willpower on the team. He's an incredible locker room presence. Cut his workload down and he will be an incredible third down back that will get you that first down or TD that nobody else can.

Have him take a paycut, cut his workload, whatever it takes. He's got at least another year left in him. It would be a big mistake to let him go right before a serious playoff run season.

Fred Jackson is not, never has been nor never will be even a good, let alone incredible 3rd down option. Have you not been watching the past couple of years? How many times does he need to get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations before people stop saying that he is a good 3rd down back. He is not. The best use of Fred is on early downs, but definitely not on 3rd down. He is too slow and more often than not he fails to get the first down when he has been given the opportunity. I love FJ's heart, but unless he's blocking, he belongs on the bench on 3rd downs.

Fred Jackson is not, never has been nor never will be even a good, let alone incredible 3rd down option. Have you not been watching the past couple of years? How many times does he need to get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations before people stop saying that he is a good 3rd down back. He is not. The best use of Fred is on early downs, but definitely not on 3rd down. He is too slow and more often than not he fails to get the first down when he has been given the opportunity. I love FJ's heart, but unless he's blocking, he belongs on the bench on 3rd downs.

Do you understand that you can pass on 3rd down and Fred is incredible at pass protection and an above average pass catcher? Your statement is laughable

Big time Fred Jackson fan, so this might be biased but...

I used to be a big time New York Knicks fan. Obviously, that was easy when Starks, Ewing, Oakley and Mason were the heart and soul of the team, with Pat Riley at coach.

The following years with LJ and Ward were good too, but man were the years tough when the roster was filled with the likes of:

Marbury, Curry, Francis, Jerome James--and most importantly, Isiah Thomas running the show. But yet, I watched or listened to every game--just like with the Bills through this 15 year drought.

Why do I bring this up?

Because at one point, Donnie Walsh took over as GM, and COMPLETELY remade the roster over night. Everything that I had been hoping for for years happened all at once. And believe it or not, the team was more difficult for me to watch the following year. I didn't KNOW any of the new players, they weren't Knicks to me, they were basketball players wearing Knicks jerseys.

I worry about that with the Bills this year. Fred Jackson, whether you like him or not, is the heart and soul of that team. His production could definitely be replaced, but as 1 of 53 players, it seems silly not to bring him back to act as the transition piece to this new era of Bills football. Call me crazy, but it's fun to have a guy like that to root for, on a team full of strange faces. As McCoy takes over the load, and Watkins becomes the allstar player he is destined to be, Fred can ride off into the sunset. But it's not being sentimental to keep a guy like that around--hell, we had 2 kickers last season!

This is ludicrous. You're confusing being a good 3rd down back and a good good goaline/short yardage back.

Absolute insanity. He constantly gets extra yards that nobody else does. There have been several times over the years that I wondered if Freddie EVER loses yards. In one of the last games this year, forget if it was the Patriots game or Raiders game, Freddie absolutely bulled his way to a first down or close to one during a very close game that I think we ended up losing. Even if he's lost a few steps he still has that IT that nobody else on our team has.

He's a total Bills great that will be a very involved if we end up making the playoffs. I assure you that he will win a roster spot over Dixon, Powell, or even Brown eventually if you give him a chance. Willpower always beats talent long term. Another poster on here with insider info said that Freddie told management that he will do anything it takes to stay on this team, even if it means scoring 10 TDs.

Bryce Brown has proven almost nothing on the NFL level. The only thing he's accomplished is blowing his unbelievable natural talent in college. And you are going to put him ahead of one of the toughest guys in franchise history? Thank God Terry stepped in. I assure you that Rex Ryan and Greg Roman don't know ANYTHING about who Fred Jackson is if they are ready to cut him already.

Edited by musichunch

Guess it worked. :D

And there you have it. Several people started petitions, facebook groups, posted to the Bills site, and sent emails... Maybe it really did make a difference? You never know...

Even if it had no effect, I'm proud to be a Bills fan. We stepped up and made our voices heard when it mattered most to us.

Edited by fridge

Can we put a ban on Fred Jackson threads? I love the guy too, but it was a rumor which was created because of another rumor and people are going nuts.

Kind of shows you how serious people are about Fred Jackson, doesn't it?

An undrafted Division 3 RB who had a 10+ year professional football career. I think Fred got all he could get and more out of his football career. Walk away healthy and happy if it comes to that. Trent freakin Richardson won't do a third of what Fred did.

completely agree. Fred is a class act.. but the time has come

And there you have it. Several people started petitions, facebook groups, posted to the Bills site, and sent emails... Maybe it really did make a difference? You never know...

Even if it had no effect, I'm proud to be a Bills fan. We stepped up and made our voices heard when it mattered most to us.

how 'bout some props to the dude who looks like a centaur????!!!!

https://twitter.com/LaurenBrill4/status/574972071312297984

Kind of shows you how serious people are about Fred Jackson, doesn't it?

Shows me more how people will act stupid and run around yelling that the sky is falling based on a rumor generated by people believing another rumor.

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso now23 seconds ago

Source did not tell me #Bills *will definitely* cut Bryce Brown if FJax stays. But it could lead to that, which Whaley wouldn't love.

I also saw a Tim Graham tweet that they like Brown. Seriously, last year we went in with CJ, Freddy, Boobe and Brown. What makes you think we wouldn't just swap out CJ for Shady and call it a done deal?