Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Fred Jackson is under contract for just 2015, at $2.731M. Zero guaranteed $. Not saying they release him, but something to keep in mind.

Rodak hates Fred... Well he actually hates the Bills. Funny since he is a Bills beat writer... !@#$ing Patriots fan as a Bills writer.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Look....I love Freddy! I love everything about him!

But I also want to start winning games! If Powell can help the team achieve that by cutting Freddy, so be it! I do think Brown has more to offer then you think! But it wouldn't shock me if he's the one cut!

One things for sure if Powell comes, one of them are gone!

But I also want to start winning games! If Powell can help the team achieve that by cutting Freddy, so be it! I do think Brown has more to offer then you think! But it wouldn't shock me if he's the one cut!

Would rather cut Brown, he doesn't do anything better then any other RB we have on the roster.

!!!!!!!!

Just for good measure!!!!!!!!!

Rodak hates Fred... Well he actually hates the Bills. Funny since he is a Bills beat writer... !@#$ing Patriots fan as a Bills writer.

Regardless of that guys opinion of F-Jax, that contract and cap # is a prime candidate for the Turk to visit before signing Hughes and the start of FA. Just the facts, a fair amount of cap $ to gain from cutting the player.

Also at this point Fred's greatest strength is his pass blocking. We won't be passing as much.

He's still a really good receiver and he is one of the main leaders on the team. With an idiot like RI, you need leaders.

Cutting Jackson would be a terrible move for team chemistry.

It would be stupid to replace Fred with Bilal Powell. How would Powell be an upgrade over Fred? Even at 33 he was the best most reliable back on the team. He is wildly popular and a great leader in the locker room. He's not going to be work horse so his age should be a problem. Oh and Powell isn't very good either

Fred knows how to hit holes and get extra yards after contact. Guys like that don't need to rely on speed. Thats how hes still successful at his age. He's also a great blocker and of course the leader of the team. He's a bargain at $2 mil

@MMehtaNYDN: Sources: Jets lining up contingency plan if Bilal Powell walks. One potential target: Patriots RB Shane Vereen #nyj http://t.co/Xh02TjAXc1

Buffalo should be the one ignoring Powell and considering Vereen. I'd take Fred, Brown, and Dixon all over Bilal Powell. Vereen on the other hand I'd take over any of our backup RBs in a heartbeat.

Edited by earthtobrint