Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 112 people bought a Kiko Jersey?

I didn't but I am certainly not buying a McCoy jersey. Without a great OL McCoy does not get production and the Bills OL is not as good as 2014 Eagles OL even with Incognito and no where close to 2013 Eagles OL where he had his most success. Personally I think Cassel will get starting QB, get tagged by a missed block by RB and EJ will be QB for rest of year as long as he is healthy.

I didn't but I am certainly not buying a McCoy jersey. Without a great OL McCoy does not get production and the Bills OL is not as good as 2014 Eagles OL even with Incognito and no where close to 2013 Eagles OL where he had his most success. Personally I think Cassel will get starting QB, get tagged by a missed block by RB and EJ will be QB for rest of year as long as he is healthy.

Who peed in you?

cmon dude put down the pipe. McCoy is still an elite running back. ELITE. the entire offense can go through McCoy. EJ doesn't have to throw the ball 40 times a game he just has to make a few throws downfield when defenses start stacking the box because McCoy is gashing them. It's simple ball control football and with our defense this is a winning formula. Boobie Dixon has heart and may prove to be a great goal line back but you can't compare the two.

I agree he is elite, but that is a tough number to swallow considering the depth in the draft.

I agree he is elite, but that is a tough number to swallow considering the depth in the draft.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Saying that the draft is deep at RB is just a catch phrase. Everyone that says that conveniently leaves out exactly who these great college RBs are that the Bills can sit back and draft and live happily ever after? It would be great if the Bills already had a great line, but they don't. Trading a back-up LBer with 2 bad knees for Shady is a no brainer. We all have a beef with the O-line, but you can't use that as an excuse not to move aggressively when you can acquire an elite RB who has actually done it on the field in the NFL. As for the cost, the guy that signs their checks seems cool with how things are going. Therefore, it's not my concern either.

Cassell trade was a no brainer.

The other ramification of the Kiko / McCoy trade is that we lose considerable cap space.

With McCoy on board we are committed to getting a number 1 guard (Iupati) or this trade makes no sense.

The cost of the #1 guard means we don't have the room to sign Hughes. If we offered CJ a little more we could have had the Guard, CJ, Kiko and Hughes.

Instead, we have McCoy and a Guard.

Our defense is taking a serious hit losing Hughes, Kiko and Searcy.

Kiko 100%. This trade sucks.

An LB group of Kiko-Brown-Bradham + an extra 9 million dollars sounds a lot better than what we have now.

Serious question for the pompom-waving crowd...how much of a difference would McCoy had made to this team last year? Point being, the RBs weren't the problem with the inept running game. It was the line and the coaching.

A few days later and I'm still pissed about it, and amazed that so many are thinking we came out on the better end. Not only do I hate the trade, but put me in the 'fire Whaley' camp.

Kiko 100%. This trade sucks.

An LB group of Kiko-Brown-Bradham + an extra 9 million dollars sounds a lot better than what we have now.

Serious question for the pompom-waving crowd...how much of a difference would McCoy had made to this team last year? Point being, the RBs weren't the problem with the inept running game. It was the line and the coaching.

A few days later and I'm still pissed about it, and amazed that so many are thinking we came out on the better end. Not only do I hate the trade, but put me in the 'fire Whaley' camp.

The bills had their worst rushing attack in years -- shady on this team they might beat Oakland and make the playoffs. Kiko on the team it doesn't win any more games last year.

That's not Pom pom waiving, that's just reality.

Kiko. It's not even close. A budding star with six or seven prime years ahead of him versus a prima donna with two years of tread left at a price that causes us to lose Searcy and Hughes in addition to Alonzo--in one of the deepest drafts in running backs in years.

Heck of a deal, guys.

It just sucks that we another new coach and are going in another direction. If Rex was HC last year, they don't trade up for Sammy, they probably trade down for Z. Martin. So no number 1 this year, means they are not going to gamble on a round 2 RB being their starter, even if the draft is deep at the position. I did vote for Shady, but I am so torn over this trade and I can see it benefiting both teams. No team has to "win" the trade, they can both benefit, the question is for how long?

Edited by ricojes

This is insanity. There are probably people here who would justify if we had traded Dareus for McCoy.

"He's immature anyway"

"He will want too much money"

"The defense was fine without him that one series"

"We have Corbin Bryant"

Whaley (and Rex, who actually might have had the final say) got fleeced here badly. A premier receiver just got traded for a 5th round pick. We gave up a potential superstar linebacker for a running back with more career carries than Fred Jackson. Let that sink in.

This is insanity. There are probably people here who would justify if we had traded Dareus for McCoy.

"He's immature anyway"

"He will want too much money"

"The defense was fine without him that one series"

"We have Corbin Bryant"

Whaley (and Rex, who actually might have had the final say) got fleeced here badly. A premier receiver just got traded for a 5th round pick. We gave up a potential superstar linebacker for a running back with more career carries than Fred Jackson. Let that sink in.

Thats a ridiculous comparison. The defense did great last year without the Legend that is Kiko. Can't say the same about Dareus.

Let that sink in.

People have, and a lot think the trade is great. A lot also don't think so much of it.

Not a chance the feeling would be the same with Dareus. 90% would be against that one, IMO. The only reason people love this trade so much, if they do, is because of Bradham and Brown playing so well and the defense was better last year, so Kiko was deemed expendable for a star player. Otherwise, the majority wouldn't like it.

People have, and a lot think the trade is great. A lot also don't think so much of it.

Not a chance the feeling would be the same with Dareus. 90% would be against that one, IMO. The only reason people love this trade so much, if they do, is because of Bradham and Brown playing so well and the defense was better last year, so Kiko was deemed expendable for a star player. Otherwise, the majority wouldn't like it.

Haters gonna hate.