Shaun Hill: Polian would take a hard look

Take a look? The entire league took a look for 13 seasons and decided he wasn't any good. This guy is just another McCown, no thanks

Josh McCown, Shaun Hill... I don't think we can realistically expect better at this point.

We need a mediocre veteran to compete with EJ because the good vets are tied up.

I'm really hoping EJ steps up this season. If not, we'll have to live a with a Dlifer-esque, game-managing veteran.

Josh McCown, Shaun Hill... I don't think we can realistically expect better at this point.

We need a mediocre veteran to compete with EJ because the good vets are tied up.

I'm really hoping EJ steps up this season. If not, we'll have to live a with a Dlifer-esque, game-managing veteran.

Just about every FA QB is better then them.

The first thing I do is wait and see what transpires there. You never know what teams might do. Do the Broncos and Manning part ways? This is the week they try to hammer out a deal and who knows if the Broncos low ball him and Peyton says "see ya". Does Washington or Chicago pull the rip cord and go in a new direction leaving the Bills franchise favorable trade options? What are the Eagles going to do? Will that leave the possibility of adding Foles as an option for the Bills? Finally, will the Bills be able to draft Grayson in the 3rd? If so, then you'd rather sign an old veteran Shaun Hill type than sign a developing Jake Locker type.

I hope the Bills do nothing now and just wait to see all of the dominos fall. Losing out on any of these guys is no big deal because there will be a handful of FA QBs left over like a Colt McCoy. No one out there is a long term answer anyways. That would be the only reason to strike a deal now.

not going to happen

not going to happen

That Bronco/Manning situation just looks weird to me. Until the Broncos and Manning make a deal he remains on the list. Even if Manning were cut loose, I'm sure he would go to the Texans for the easier division and more favorable game day conditions.

maybe he really thinks the Bills should tank

Crook for Cook!

That Bronco/Manning situation just looks weird to me. Until the Broncos and Manning make a deal he remains on the list. Even if Manning were cut loose, I'm sure he would go to the Texans for the easier division and more favorable game day conditions.

seems logical but we could pay him 30 mil for a year :D

Polian was probably in his 20's when Aqualung came out. Probably got high to it before any of us ever did.

I was in my teens. he was in his 30s.

i was high.

He probably was not.

and the band Jethro Tull was underated.

I saw them in the day and will never forget Ian Anderson perched upon one leg playing the snockers out of that flute.

Shaun Hill ? Never heard of him, get er done Buddy !

Kind of makes you happy he didn't accept the job here.

wouldn't go that far but i am happy for other reasons- namely that he said the bills were a "heavy lift". with that point of view his heart wouldn't be in it.

I concur. And let me also add, that your screen name is the best on this board (coming from a diehard Tull fan).

:worthy:

thanks. although i like their music a lot, the screen name is more tongue in cheek. kind of for the people that asked if i liked jethro tull, and they said "mee to, I think he's great".

Pretty creative avatar you got there.

I wonder who's opinion has more credibility?

Maybe he said the bills should take a hard look "because i don't know, i haven't seen him play in 3 effing years".

Polian was probably in his 20's when Aqualung came out. Probably got high to it before any of us ever did.

I have no idea what you mean but I bet he was a simon and garfunkel, fairport convention / joan baez fan. tull not so much.

Edited by jethro_tull

I just don't think too much of Polian anymore. Seems like everyone gave him a pass for basically hollowing out the colts. They are Luck and not that much. Add to this watching him the last few drafts for ESPN, he always seems to get it wrong. I can't think of the last time he said something bold about a player that came true, or even seems plausible at the time. This isn't sour grapes over him not coming back, I think he is a classic old guy that the game has passed by. Until he starts hitting on some of his big predictions / evaluations I really don't think he brings anything more to the table that the average fan does.