• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons fans seem to be happy about the cut, but 3 big points to remember are:

1. He costs them too much

2. He doesnt fit their new Zone Blocking Scheme

3. Falcons fans dont know much about football

So take it for what its worth... http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4023964-blalock-released-per-jay-adams/

Falcons fans seem to be happy about the cut, but 3 big points to remember are:

1. He costs them too much

2. He doesnt fit their new Zone Blocking Scheme

3. Falcons fans dont know much about football

So take it for what its worth... http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4023964-blalock-released-per-jay-adams/

:lol:

Well then, DrDareustein, would you like to have Blalock on the Bills?

Don't know that much about him, but from that article seems like a good fit. Unlike many free agents, they aren't moving away from him because he is injured or his talent level has fallen off, but because his style of play does not fit their scheme (zone blocking). With our style of play moving away from zone blocking, a road grader seems like it would fit us perfect and fit in well with the personel we already have (which btw was the exact wrong type of personel for the failed zone blocking scheme we had last year).

:lol:

Well then, DrDareustein, would you like to have Blalock on the Bills?

:thumbsup:

If we can get him to sign cheap enough Id be happy to bring him into camp. He's a former 2nd round pick (2007) and has started 102 consecutive games (2007-2014) so he's definitely not injury prone. He's more of a road-grader than finesse player, so bad for Atlanta's new scheme but possibly good for ours.

Let him compete for the RG spot.

Edited by DrDareustein

Blalock, Incognito and Wood would give us a formidable interior with Richardson and Williams as backups or release Williams to save cap.

That alone would improve the run game by a wide margin. Picking up stunts wouldn't look like such a jail break. Richardson with a few years of NFL strength and conditioning should eventually emerge as a starter. I love it.

Blalock would seem like a no-brainer addition to this team.

Agreed. It seems too easy. Given our guard/line situation, I'm sure this topic has been broached at OneBillsDrive a time or two since his release. Maybe they have their sights a bit higher. I know I'd be 'pleased' if Blalock was brought in.

Repeat Post: Cheap Copy-and-Paste from what I did in the Deep Within Thread.

I think it bears repeating here.

Here's the list of UFAs available.

There are lots of possibilites with guys who have been consistent starters and are 31 or younger (and not named Lou Potty).

Guards

Justin Blalock, Atlanta Falcons Clint Boling, Cincinnati Bengals James Brewer, New York Giants James Carpenter, Seattle Seahawks Daryn Colledge, Miami Dolphins Willie Colon, New York Jets Dan Connolly, New England Patriots Vladimir Ducasse, Minnesota Vikings Orlando Franklin, Denver Broncos Mike Iupati, San Francisco 49ers John Jerry, New York Giants Charlie Johnson, Minnesota Vikings Mike Johnson, Atlanta Falcons Davin Joseph, St. Louis Rams Mike McGlynn, Kansas City Chiefs Erik Pears, Buffalo Bills Will Rackley, Baltimore Ravens Jah Reid, Baltimore Ravens Rob Sims, Detroit Lions

"Lou Potty", that's funny.

Good list, I think they will pick up at least one of those guys.