Who is the Bills biggest division rival right now?

YoloinOhio

Bills biggest division rival  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the Bills biggest division rival right now?

• Jets (Bills have dominated last 3 games,prior to 2014 had not won in NJ in years; REX/Chan/Pepper Johnson
    • Dolphins (Bills have won 4 of last 6, Tannehill still hasn't won at The Ralph)
    • Pats* (Brady has owned the Bills and AFCE for last 15 yrs, but they are the team to beat and therefore still the biggest rival)
    • KC (not really in our division but we play them every year and the last 2 have been heartbreakers/playoff implications)

Rex has made it pretty clear the Cheatriots (I also like Taint*riots from (beerball is it?) are one of his top priorities

I'll give Miami a nod but the NYETS have had success?

I know what Rex thinks - but do you consider them a rival as fan? Or just a big brother we can't beat? The top of the mountain, so to speak? IMO, a rivalry takes two teams who actually each win once in awhile.

I hate the Dolphins more from growing up in the Dan Marino years, but the Pats are the current target as king of the hill.

I have a friend on the Jets, it's fun to beat them to talk trash but otherwise it doesn't move the needle a whole lot.

I hate the Dolphins, Cowboys (SB years) and Browns (living in Ohio) more than the Pats or Jets

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Right now I feel like there should be extra juice for the Jets with all of the coach swaps but I have some pent up hate for the Fish. It could be because of their douchey fans and reporters over the whole Charles Clay and Incognito storylines. Also the last game there on TNF really left me pissed off.

Right now I feel like there should be extra juice for the Jets with all of the coach swaps but I have some pent up hate for the Fish. It could be because of their douchey fans and reporters over the whole Charles Clay and Incognito storylines. Also the last game there on TNF really left me pissed off.

Miami just feels like a more natural rival. I'm of the age of vividly remembering them being our main division competition when we were actually relevant and the Jets and Pats being in the background. Miami is all flash and warm weather, Buffalo is working class and cold.

Plus the vision of Thurman (my first favorite Bill) wearing a Dolphins jersey is forever burned in my memory.

Miami just feels like a more natural rival. I'm of the age of vividly remembering them being our main division competition when we were actually relevant and the Jets and Pats being in the background. Miami is all flash and warm weather, Buffalo is working class and cold.

Plus the vision of Thurman (my first favorite Bill) wearing a Dolphins jersey is forever burned in my memory.

I agree with this too

When I look at rivalries I use my feelings towards that team as my guide. Without question, I hate New England more than any team in the division. It has been this way for about a decade. Obviously, I don't like the Jets or Dolphins but I do not have the same disdain that I do for New England. I do not look forward to Jets or Dolphins games more than other games but I do with the Pats.

I know what Rex thinks - but do you consider them a rival as fan? Or just a big brother we can't beat? The top of the mountain, so to speak? IMO, a rivalry takes two teams who actually each win once in awhile.

The Cheatriots are a hated / despised # 1 rival.

#2 Miami

#3 NYETS

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Uh....maybe the team that's won the division for the last 10 years? :rolleyes:

You still think they are rival? Do they consider us a rival? Or is it like Ohio State looking at Michigan like... get off the damn mat so we can have a rivalry again. I hate them too... just not sure its a two way street. I think they hate the Jets.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There's a difference between most hated team and biggest rival, in my mind. I voted Cheatriots in the poll because it asked for the biggest rival (i.e., the one w/the target on their back). I hate the Dolphins the most, though. The Dolphins had the target in the 70s... were they the "big brother we couldn't beat?" No. They were our biggest rival... the one keeping us out of the playoffs.

A friend of mine likes Miami. When he said "Go Dolphins!", I once replied something to the effect of "yes, go dolphins... out to sea... and never come back." He didn't like that very much.

I will never hate any team more the Fish. Except maybe the Giants.

They are just kinda of whatever to me now. Their fanbase sucks and I can't work up hate towards Tannehill. I'm indifferent to them. I hate the Jets because they act like they are some kind of elite franchise when they have been pretty much jokes minus a SB more than a decade before I was born. But it's the Pats. This BS Patriot way, Kraft seems slimy, Belichick stealing clothes from homeless people, their bandwagon fans, and Brady becoming a stuck up snob. I hate them.

You still think they are rival? Do they consider us a rival? Or is it like Ohio State looking at Michigan like... get off the damn mat so we can have a rivalry again. I hate them too... just not sure its a two way street. I think they hate the Jets.

Does it matter if they consider the Bils a rival? The question was "who is the Bills' biggest division rival?" not "which team do the Bills have the best rivalry with?"

They're both professional teams fighting for the same goal (AFCE title), so yeah.

And I'm not an expert, but I still presume Michigan-OSU is considered a big rivalry.

They are just kinda of whatever to me now. Their fanbase sucks and I can't work up hate towards Tannehill. I'm indifferent to them. I hate the Jets because they act like they are some kind of elite franchise when they have been pretty much jokes minus a SB more than a decade before I was born. But it's the Pats. This BS Patriot way, Kraft seems slimy, Belichick stealing clothes from homeless people, their bandwagon fans, and Brady becoming a stuck up snob. I hate them.

Well said C. Biscuit!!

They're both professional teams fighting for the same goal (AFCE title), so yeah.

And I'm not an expert, but I still presume Michigan-OSU is considered a big rivalry.

It's lost a lot of luster. UM only beat Tressel twice and has never beaten Urban. More importantly, they have been generally bad which hurts OSU in SOS when it comes to BCS/now CFB playoff. So much so that 99% of OSU fans were thrilled Hoke was canned and Harbaugh hired. It's a tradition for sure, but MSU is currently a bigger rival on the field. The Game will always be treated like a huge deal, but its in a lull. Despite the fact they have played their best game of the year against the Buckeyes the last 2 years and the games have been great.

Edited by YoloinOhio

All good points. Fanbases as a whole don't get me riled up nearly as much as individual fans that I know. I only know one Jets fan and I know no Patriots fans. The Jets fan is delusional and it's actually pretty comical. I know quite a few Fish fans and they are all awful about it. They condescend as if their team hasn't been just as awful as ours. Half of them don't know anything about their team, but still regularly tell me how much better their roster is. When I ask them to give examples of who is better, they can only name a few players from their team. I can't stand that. Plus, the Fish were our rival when I was young and so there will always be hate in my heart for them just based on that.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

All good points. Fanbases as a whole don't get me riled up nearly as much as individual fans that I know. I only know one Jets fan and I know no Patriots fans. The Jets fan is delusional and it's actually pretty comical. I know quite a few Fish fans and they are all awful about it. They condescend as if their team hasn't been just as awful as ours. Half of them don't know anything about their team, but still regularly tell me how much better their roster is. When i all them to lay out who is better, they can only name a few players from their team. I can't stand that. Plus, the Fish were our rival ahem I was young and so there will always be hate in my heart for them just based on that.

This is so true. Also, the charade where they were going to "take over the Ralph" last year in week 2 was a joke.

This is so true. Also, the charade where they were going to "take over the Ralph" last year in week 2 was a joke.

That was a total joke. Then hearing them brag about it as if it wasn't a complete fail was crazy annoying.

It's lost a lot of luster. UM only beat Tressel twice and has never beaten Urban. More importantly, they have been generally bad which hurts OSU in SOS when it comes to BCS/now CFB playoff. So much so that 99% of OSU fans were thrilled Hoke was canned and Harbaugh hired. It's a tradition for sure, but MSU is currently a bigger rival on the field. The Game will always be treated like a huge deal, but its in a lull. Despite the fact they have played their best game of the year against the Buckeyes the last 2 years and the games have been great.

There's a generation of OSU fans who vividly remember the devastating losses Michigan handed to OSU in the 1990s. But there's kids driving now who only remember beating Michigan 80% of the time. I think a lot of their views of Michigan are shaped but what they are told, but the reality of it is I imagine a good percentage of them hate the SEC more than they do Michigan.

I think the Bills rivalries might be pretty similar. There's people old enough to really hate the Dolphins, but there's also a whole generation that hasn't seen relevant Bills teams and hates the Pats simply because they win every year. I voted the Pats as our current biggest rival simply because they are the benchmark we must clear, but in order to be a true rivalry there needs to be some games with something at stake. Traditionally I view Miami as bigger rivals because of the Kelly-Marino battles during my formative years as a football fan and I recognize the Jets-Pats is a bigger rivalry for those teams. Keep in mind the Jets have beat the Pats in the playoffs during the 2010s and they've got the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry between the two fanbases in baseball.

It looks like the Jets are the biggest AFC East rival. http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Team-Weight.png

I think, like others, I'm hung up on the word rival, and feel like the answer is still the Dolphins, even though I don't have the passion for the rivalry I did when say Bryan Cox was on the field. I most want to beat the Pats, but is getting stomped by another team consistently really a rivalry? The Jets. . . I don't like them, but am kind of indifferent, the way I suspect NE feels about us.

There's a generation of OSU fans who vividly remember the devastating losses Michigan handed to OSU in the 1990s. But there's kids driving now who only remember beating Michigan 80% of the time. I think a lot of their views of Michigan are shaped but what they are told, but the reality of it is I imagine a good percentage of them hate the SEC more than they do Michigan.

I think the Bills rivalries might be pretty similar. There's people old enough to really hate the Dolphins, but there's also a whole generation that hasn't seen relevant Bills teams and hates the Pats simply because they win every year. I voted the Pats as our current biggest rival simply because they are the benchmark we must clear, but in order to be a true rivalry there needs to be some games with something at stake. Traditionally I view Miami as bigger rivals because of the Kelly-Marino battles during my formative years as a football fan and I recognize the Jets-Pats is a bigger rivalry for those teams. Keep in mind the Jets have beat the Pats in the playoffs during the 2010s and they've got the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry between the two fanbases in baseball.

Great comparison. I remember the 90s OSU-Michigan and appreciate the height of the rivalry at that time with the devastating losses that kept them from the NC game but I didn't move to Columbus until 1997. I've been die-hard since then. The most bitter Big 10 losses for me have been MSU in 1998 and MSU in 2013. I love the tradition of The Game but it has been so one-sided for so long. They last beat us when Fickell was interim HC and we went 6-7. And they barely won - Miller was a true freshman and had a wide open Devier Posey to win the game and just overthrew him. Who didn't beat us that year (except Russell Wilson).

Miami is the freshest one for me with the Bills because they really are the closest in battling for the WC the last 2 years. If we can manage to challenge for the division this year (beat NE in the first matchup) I will change my mind.

Edited by YoloinOhio

All good points. Fanbases as a whole don't get me riled up nearly as much as individual fans that I know. I only know one Jets fan and I know no Patriots fans. The Jets fan is delusional and it's actually pretty comical. I know quite a few Fish fans and they are all awful about it. They condescend as if their team hasn't been just as awful as ours. Half of them don't know anything about their team, but still regularly tell me how much better their roster is. When I ask them to give examples of who is better, they can only name a few players from their team. I can't stand that. Plus, the Fish were our rival when I was young and so there will always be hate in my heart for them just based on that.

Next time you meet a Pats fan ask them to name their QBs from their 1st Super Bowl appearance until now. You will instantly hate them. 98% of them cannot name them. They were not even fans until Brady.

What kind of car does Jim Tressel own....

Next time you meet a Pats fan ask them to name their QBs from their 1st Super Bowl appearance until now. You will instantly hate them. 98% of them cannot name them. They were not even fans until Brady.

What kind of car does Jim Tressel own....

Best joke ever. Ruined Lloyd's legacy there IMO.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Sports_Illustrated_Appalachian_State-Michigan.jpg

That ruined Lloyd's legacy

In 1998 Cooper had conditioned everyone to expect the disappointment. 2013 really stung as that felt like Urban had lost to Tresselball.

All true! Coop vs. Michigan back then was like Bills vs. Pats now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I voted Pats, but deep down, I hate the Jets and Dolphins more and we actually beat them once in a while. The Patriots have been kicking our butts every year for the last 15 years. It's not really a rivalry.They treat us like their annoying little brother from another mother. Hopefully, it changes soon.

Edited by Jets Hater