Let's See How Many Liberals Can Dispute Any Of This.

3rdnlng

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is 'bumper stickers you might find on 3rdnlng's car'?

just watched dr zhivago for oscar's week. i laughed at that. kinda like the guy that shoveled shite in the boxcar on the freezing train through the gulags, with a kerchief over his face, in the stench, when he laughed...

Edited by birdog1960

I will give it a shot:

1. The US has some of the most LIBERAL gun ownership laws in the world. I see you are enjoying this aspect of our liberal country.

Semantics

2. What is your definition of subsidized? I would say that 100 percent of the US enjoys some level of subsidy. Much of the 47 percent is SS which people have paid into - as well as Medicare and Medicaid. As well much of the 47 is EITC which is a conservative favorite.

There's a difference between a subsidy that's forced upon you and one you ask for. And is EITC big with the conservatives? I can't for the life of me figure why.

3. Where are all the people saying they are victims? Pointing to other countries? It appears to me that the most vociferous complainers are actually tea party/conservatives - you guys howl all the time - in fact this list is one long complaint.

I'm just glad I don't have Tea Partiers in my city clogging up traffic either by "occupying" space or marching and chanting "black lives matter" this week.

4. Pretty sure the poor are not getting poorer - in fact they aren't.

They weren't 10, 15, 20, or 25 years ago either but that never stopped leftists from saying it ad nausea.

5. We could learn some things from other countries - we hardly lead the league in every category - in fact we lead in very few - except incarceration...

Agree on both fronts, but that doesn't mean you should emulate economic policies of countries suffering from over a decade of stagnation.

6. I think the gun owners/Islam aspect is actually pretty good. We all seem frustrated by the lack of backlash by the Muslim community to the atrocities of a few - I think many non gun owners look the same way at the NRA...when the horrible gun incidents happen - the NRA seems to offer no relevant help to stopping them in the future (that makes any sort of sense that is).

So you support continuing a behavior that you've just stated is the logical equivalent of something you think is absurd? Or are you suggesting the Muslim community at large should be held responsible for the acts of Muslim terrorists? Not sure I follow.

7. Illegal immigrants do not get benefits (SS, Food Stamps, Welfare) - children do though. They do pay all levels of taxes though. AFA cutting benefits to Vets...your GOP congress blocks most pushes for increased benefits to our Vets.

Illegals pay very little in taxes and nowhere close to what they consume in services.

8. The congress is GOP, most governors offices and state houses are GOP - so not sure what elected officials you speak of.

Seems like you didn't get much....

Sadly, I can't argue with this. As per usual, when the Republicans get power they rarely know what to do with it. But I'll take a guy flailing around futilely over the guy who is very efficiently pouring sugar in my gas tank.

2008 called and wants its viral email back!

Tell 2008 to lose this number.

Then why did you make a "bumper sticker kinda guy" post, and portend it to be profound wisdom?

What, it's not complicated enough for you? One would think that if you had a problem with the OP you'd voice that/those problems specifically rather than attack the OPer in a snarky and childlike manner. Then again, that might be too much optimism on my part for the self proclaimed "smartest man in the room". mona_lisa_flip_off_rectangle_decal.jpg?h

Semantics

There's a difference between a subsidy that's forced upon you and one you ask for. And is EITC big with the conservatives? I can't for the life of me figure why.

I'm just glad I don't have Tea Partiers in my city clogging up traffic either by "occupying" space or marching and chanting "black lives matter" this week.

They weren't 10, 15, 20, or 25 years ago either but that never stopped leftists from saying it ad nausea.

Agree on both fronts, but that doesn't mean you should emulate economic policies of countries suffering from over a decade of stagnation.

So you support continuing a behavior that you've just stated is the logical equivalent of something you think is absurd? Or are you suggesting the Muslim community at large should be held responsible for the acts of Muslim terrorists? Not sure I follow.

Illegals pay very little in taxes and nowhere close to what they consume in services.

Sadly, I can't argue with this. As per usual, when the Republicans get power they rarely know what to do with it. But I'll take a guy flailing around futilely over the guy who is very efficiently pouring sugar in my gas tank.

Tell 2008 to lose this number.

The problem with this email is that it is completely representative of the TP/Con/RWGOP. It is full of idealistic talk, based on fear and mostly not true.

1. I don't think you know what liberal means. The US is the most liberal country in the world. We have the most liberal policies on guns, religious association, press, free speech...as a previous poster said - get it right - you mean leftist.

2. Illegal immigrants do not get social services SS, welfare, food stamps - per welfare reform in the 1990's you have to have proof of citizenship to get those - but hey your email says its true. But when they work and live they pay ALL ranges of taxes - so show us where you get they are a net negative.

3. Who - in this country- en mass - is pointing to the economic policies of other countries? I DO point to the health care systems...we get our ARSE kicked in health care - we pay twice as much and we burden our employers with provision. By having our employer provide health care we increase the cost of all exports and provide imports with a huge price advantage since they do not have HC built into their costs.

4. What is with the gun community? I get part of gun ownership is being against the government - but gun ownership rights have hardly been threatened - but apparently its more fun to think they are.

5, Your email rails on elected officials - but now they are for the most part GOP - so again - your email is wrong.

6. What leftists (you are now getting something right) are saying the poor are getting poorer? This is called hearsay and you know where that goes in court...

So your email has pretty much be dismantled - full of fear and divisiveness - you asked to have the email critiqued.

I am sure you will think I am some leftist mouth breathing liberal....I am not - I am for the truth....

Edited by baskin

The problem with this email is that it is completely representative of the TP/Con/RWGOP. It is full of idealistic talk, based on fear and mostly not true.

1. I don't think you know what liberal means. The US is the most liberal country in the world. We have the most liberal policies on guns, religious association, press, free speech...as a previous poster said - get it right - you mean leftist.

2. Illegal immigrants do not get social services SS, welfare, food stamps - per welfare reform in the 1990's you have to have proof of citizenship to get those - but hey your email says its true. But when they work and live they pay ALL ranges of taxes - so show us where you get they are a net negative.

3. Who - in this country- en mass - is pointing to the economic policies of other countries? I DO point to the health care systems...we get our ARSE kicked in health care - we pay twice as much and we burden our employers with provision. By having our employer provide health care we increase the cost of all exports and provide imports with a huge price advantage since they do not have HC built into their costs.

4. What is with the gun community? I get part of gun ownership is being against the government - but gun ownership rights have hardly been threatened - but apparently its more fun to think they are.

5, Your email rails on elected officials - but now they are for the most part GOP - so again - your email is wrong.

6. What leftists (you are now getting something right) are saying the poor are getting poorer? This is called hearsay and you know where that goes in court...

So your email has pretty much be dismantled - full of fear and divisiveness - you asked to have the email critiqued.

I am sure you will think I am some leftist mouth breathing liberal....I am not - I am for the truth....

other than the bolded rhetorical question, i applaud your efforts here.

the gun community are largely paranoid wannabes that have yet to achieve their desired places and secretly believe they can achieve them by force and even revolution if necessary. some eagerly await anarchy and the chance to utilize their finely honed survivalist skills. the movement, at it's heart, is largely about the possibility of mass treason. it's not about hunting rifles.

It wasn't my email, I'm not interested in Semantic arguments, and you are a leftist.

other than the bolded rhetorical question, i applaud your efforts here.

the gun community are largely paranoid wannabes that have yet to achieve their desired places and secretly believe they can achieve them by force and even revolution if necessary. some eagerly await anarchy and the chance to utilize their finely honed survivalist skills. the movement, at it's heart, is largely about the possibility of mass treason. it's not about hunting rifles.

I'd like to take this moment to insist that you never chastise anyone for generalizing, ever..since, well you know, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

What, it's not complicated enough for you?

It's a nonsensical internet meme, designed to elicit a response confoming to pre-existing confirmation biases. It's not condusive to conversation, as it's nothing more than a rhetorical slap in the face. So no, it's not that it's not complicated enough, it's that it's lazy and counter productive.

One would think that if you had a problem with the OP you'd voice that/those problems specifically rather than attack the OPer in a snarky and childlike manner.

I'll thank you to consider the quality, or lack thereof, in your own content before judging how others react to it. When you pour horse **** in, expect to get horse **** out.

Then again, that might be too much optimism on my part for the self proclaimed "smartest man in the room".

If you don't like it, you can post better content; or perhaps even some origional work, rather than simply copy/pasting garbage directed at low-information voters, verbatim from a chain email.

Just some food for thought.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Largely as in a majority as in he's full of shyt if he sees most guns owners this way.

gun owners and the gun movement as i perceive its meaning are 2 very different things. i'm a gun owner. i wouldn't go anywhere near a meeting of the gun movement.

for reference: http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/07/gun-rights. scalia is quite possibly the emporer of the gun movement.

Edited by birdog1960