Don't expect Spikes or Searcy back

YoloinOhio

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Safety - surprising given Aaron williams isnt terribly expensive and theres nothing else tied up. they could have williams AND searcy at numbers that were in discussion for byrd alone.

RE: Spikes - not surprising. he probably felt this was his "prove it" year and wants to be rewarded. unfortunately, he proved that he isnt an every down player, despite liking his intensity.

They might see Graham as a safety. They aren't going to put him in man coverage. And CBs will be play lots of man coverage.

We will probably play alot of big nickel with 3 safeties out there, Graham, Williams, and Duke.

Keep in mind there was a time when Searcy was a huge goat for the fans.....a total liability in coverage.

He improved.....and Duke Williams much like Searcy improved last year.

It would have been hard to be worse than he was against the Patriots...that was a performance worthy of the corner that we will not name anymore from the previous year...

It would have been hard to be worse than he was against the Patriots...that was a performance worthy of the corner that we will not name anymore from the previous year...

Absolutely. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he was solid inn the second half of the season.

I want Searcy back, I hope they can make it work, the guy is, quietly, always around the ball and making plays.

This Past Year he was ball aware, took good angles and hit hard. I was really pleased with him !

The hits were something i noticed. I think he got comfortable in the system and found his own finally. Very confident under Donnie Henderson as they all were. His best year by the ole eyeball test..

He and A Williams are fantastic duo they are on the same page. You dont break this up.

Also; we do not need this fantasy cap killer Revis the concept is just wasteful and indulgent. Keep the secondary together. upgrade at second level corner if need be and i dont mean Robey. he is a keeper too.

Spikes.

I want him around.

I dont see any sense in bidding against another team for him though. He did good for us. And for a fellow i loathed , i learned to love. well... like alot.

but suspect he will have suitors no problem there for Depth at the Position though. as long as Gugny doesnt trade away kiko ; )

Hughes has a big affect on the cap.

Stafford anyone?

In conclusion i want Searcy to stay and i dont care who knows!

ps lets not forget he is a model citizen and does all the good stuff outside of work for those in need. Damned fine Man right there

Look for LaRon Landry to be the starting ss next year, he was a pro bowler just a couple years ago under Ryan

nope

david harris is coming

nope

no one is denying he had a bad game but it's not like he was a 5 year vet who was horrible. He was a guy covering Gronk 1:1 in his first significant action while we were also missing our starting FS. He has steadily improved.

I'm thinking there's 3 LB spots between them. I think Mario will be one of the 3 down lineman. It appears we may be closing in on signing Hughes. No matter what I still think there's always room for a run stuffing LB to play in either scheme.

agreed about Spikes role.

I am not counting Mario as LB. He is surely playing that role at some points but he is truly a pass rusher

Its Bradham Brown Alonso and ? Lawson , Hughes?

We have potentially two 3 down LBs ! which is amazing. Be surprised at stuff what Rex/Thurman run in disguises . Huge advantage to Buffalo to be flush with linebackers.

Keep in mind there was a time when Searcy was a huge goat for the fans.....a total liability in coverage.

He improved.....and Duke Williams much like Searcy improved last year.

true on all counts!

Leodis?

If searcy is too expensive Id assume Landry is too

I do not believe D'Norris is going to be too expensive. He knows he isn't getting 5 mil. He was a part time player.

but if someone needs a guy like that he is best playing down and inside...

Id rather have Searcy and a decent G over Revis.

I second this. 2 reasons.

First, not a big fan of tying up so much money in Revis when the age of the shutdown corner has passed (too many 4-5 receiver sets). Yes, rex needs a shutdown corner, but there's enuf talent on this team, so he needs to find another way to make-do without Revis, and find another way to spend that money.

. As I understand it, Rex "needs" a shutdown guy so that he can use more exotic blitzes, or blitz less. But with this front 4, you dont really need to blitz as much anyway.

Second, Searcy will be much more important to stopping Gronk than Revis will. (my lay opinion of course, knowing not much about coverages, looks, etc.). Not saying Searcy is a man-child, but I dont want to re-arrange deck chairs. Make a clear plan to stop Gronk, and execute.

Edited by maddenboy

I wasn't aware Leodis was bad in 2013 considering he became a pretty good corner that year...

No under Donnie Henderson he gained confidence and has played well if not very well.

i was being sarcastic without the proper sarcasm font. again.

Leo is just fine with Graham available. He is fast has great hips can turn with the receiver well. Got better at checking at the line too.