Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler available?

YoloinOhio

I thought I'd read previously that Cutler's contract is such an albatross that he actually has negative trade value, i.e., the Bears would trade Cutler and their 3rd for another team's 4th (and only because the NFL demands some compensation go back to the team trading the player). I'm not a Cutler fan, but in such a case, it might convince even someone like me (depending on the other compensation) to give him a try....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd read previously that Cutler's contract is such an albatross that he actually has negative trade value, i.e., the Bears would trade Cutler and their 3rd for another team's 4th (and only because the NFL demands some compensation go back to the team trading the player). I'm not a Cutler fan, but in such a case, it might convince even someone like me (depending on the other compensation) to give him a try....

it is. He's due a ton of cash. I don't see Buffalo wasting half of their cap on the guy.

I'd be all for "grabbing" Glennon, but we do realize he's the only NFL-level QB on the Bucs roster right now, yes? He's not up for grabs. Who and what do you think they want for him?

Not what you want to give, what the Bucs will ask in a sellers QB market

I'd give them back the #3 they spend on him. If they want more than that then I'd need to think about it.

It sounds like the Bears are moving on from Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte and Jay Cutler is not exactly getting a ringing endorsement from the new GM and head coach. Cutler's due 10 million on March 12th so a decision has to be made soon. It sounds like there's a chance he actually might be cut because nobody wants to trade for that contract. Why would they keep Cutler and get rid of Marshall and Forte? They wouldn't. IMO Cutler is gone either by trade or being release.

I'd take Cutler, but only if the Bills are his first choice. I don't want him being even more unenthused than his current level of unenthusiasm(?). It'd be nice to have the QB situation at least settled for the next three years with Jay Cutler though. If they did get him I'd make sure he's only throwing the ball 25-30 times a game tops. There are other possible nice options for him like the Rams or Texans.

Posted 2 hours ago...

http://nflspinzone.com/2015/03/01/valuable-jay-cutler/

Edited by 1billsfan

Nick Foles is the QB I really want on the Bills.

Jay Cutler would be my second choice.

If the Bears cut him, the Bills would have to try and sign him. He would be the best QB the Bills will have had in a long time.

That news tested my gag reflex... Don't know if I can root for a guy that doesnt care about Football.

I know what you mean, but the dude throws touchdowns. Maybe Rex and the defense would recharge his excitement for football?

Just limited his tosses and have a great run game and defense. Sounds like a possible recipe for the Superbowl this year.

I know what you mean, but the dude throws touchdowns. Maybe Rex and the defense would recharge his excitement for football?

Just limited his tosses and have a great run game and defense. Sounds like a possible recipe for the Superbowl this year.

If it happens I won't be angry b.c of the crop of FA QBs out there. Just I never trusted Cutler as a QB leader.

If it happens I won't be angry b.c of the crop of FA QBs out there. Just I never trusted Cutler as a QB leader.

He's not a leader, he's just a guy who happens to be your talented veteran starting QB...LOL Let Fred Jackson be the team leader, he's great at it.

The bears would need to write him a roughly 35 mil check if they just cut him right? He signed a contract with 54 mil guaranteed and no signing bonus. He made 18 mil last year so just cutting him makes no sense. They need to find someone to take the contract on...I'd def consider it.