I still tip my hat off

Ice bowl 67

To the Bills for beating us up. That game is almost 2 months ago already. Man that Bills D forced Rodgers to have his worst ever career game. He had a career high 25 in completions 0 TDs and 2 interceptions that day. Buffalo is on their way up especially with a quarterback and improving the O line.

Thanks Ice...it is always nice (and far too rare, for good reason) to have an opposing team's fan give the Bills compliments.

We are all still envious you have such a great QB to root for. If you can get McCarthy to understand you NEVER kick a FG from inside the 3-yard line, you guys have a chance. ;)

Thanks Ice...it is always nice (and far too rare, for good reason) to have an opposing team's fan give the Bills compliments.

We are all still envious you have such a great QB to root for. If you can get McCarthy to understand you NEVER kick a FG from inside the 3-yard line, you guys have a chance. ;)

"We're playing ball control, that's why I punted it from the opponents' 3 yard line" - Saint Marrone

Right. Nelson makes a great play that 90% of the WRs in the NFL do not make that prevents that from an easy pick six.

That was a great play by Nelson, and you're right, it evens it out.

I think more than Nelson slapping at Gilmore was Gilmore trying to catch the ball with his chest. If he just catches it with his hands it's still an easy pick six even with Nelson hitting him on the shoulder. I hope Rex makes Gilmore catch 1000 balls a day this off season.

I think more than Nelson slapping at Gilmore was Gilmore trying to catch the ball with his chest. If he just catches it with his hands it's still an easy pick six even with Nelson hitting him on the shoulder. I hope Rex makes Gilmore catch 1000 balls a day this off season.

so funny - did you listen to Rex's interview from yesterday? If not - he actually brought this up when they asked him about Gilmore. He praised his coverage ability and then added at the end "needs to catch the ball better" or something.

so funny - did you listen to Rex's interview from yesterday? If not - he actually brought this up when they asked him about Gilmore. He praised his coverage ability and then added at the end "needs to catch the ball better" or something.

Haha I actually did. That did inspire my comment a bit--Rex seems to know that Stephon has some stone hands. I think this can be improved, and if Gilmore does get better at this he will add an added dimension to his game. He reminds me a little of WInfield--really good cover corner and physical but just never hauls in the picks. Heck, Gilmore should just have some private lessons with Sammy on how to catch a football with his hands. Couldn't hurt.

Not sure about that. Nelson is as good after the catch as anyone in the league. I rarely see him get caught from behind.

At first I, like everyone else, thought Nelson would have gone untouched into the endzone. But rewatching it, there's definitely a chance AW trips him up, but then again, there's definitely a chance he's just out of reach and Nelson scores. Either way, anyone acting like this drop decided the game is completely ignoring Gilmore's gaffe. Gilmore read the play like a top NFL corner but executed it like a clumsy high school bench warmer. Yes, Nelson did slap at him, but if Gilmore catches it with his hands that's a pick six.

To the Bills for beating us up. That game is almost 2 months ago already. Man that Bills D forced Rodgers to have his worst ever career game. He had a career high 25 in completions 0 TDs and 2 interceptions that day. Buffalo is on their way up especially with a quarterback and improving the O line.

Classy post, as usual, Ice. Always nice to see you on the board.

Not sure about that. Nelson is as good after the catch as anyone in the league. I rarely see him get caught from behind.

It looks like Aaron Williams had a pretty good pursuit angle and may have caught him; however, we'll never know.

Nelson tipped the ball. It wasn't an easy catch at all. If he didn't tip it it would have been an easy catch and I doubt he would have dropped it. Nelson made a great play.

To me, it looked like he got his hands out to catch it but it went through and hit his chest, with Nelson getting his hand in to make sure Gilmore couldn't secure it. His hands were positioned like he was trying to make that catch and his timing was just off. But I'm watching the replay again and I guess it's hard to say. He could also have tried to accept it into his chest/shoulder.

Edited by Big C

To me, it looked like he got his hands out to catch it but it went through and hit his chect, with Nelson getting his hand in to make sure Gilmore couldn't secure it. His hands were positioned like he was trying to make that catch and his timing was just off.

I think it was off because Nelson tipped it.

I think it was off because Nelson tipped it.

The way I saw it is Gilmore had a chance to make a play before Nelcon intervened. Gilmore had his hands out but it went through to his chest, where he tried to secure the ball. That's where Nelson got his hand in.