2-12 Rex Ryan interview on WGR

YoloinOhio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is cheap...doesn't buy clothes just wears the freebie Bills stuff...wonder if he drives a Taurus? Classic stuff.

Best interview by a Bills coach since Marv left. The guy is knowledgeable, glib, funny. If the Bills can't win at least the fan base will be entertained.

Rex is cheap...doesn't buy clothes just wears the freebie Bills stuff...wonder if he drives a Taurus? Classic stuff.

Best interview by a Bills coach since Marv left. The guy is knowledgeable, glib, funny. If the Bills can't win at least the fan base will be entertained.

he seems to have a great attitude and treats people well. If anything, that should be welcome at OBD after the last 2 years.

I was minorly concerned that the Bills might sign Incognito and then not go after another solid FA starting OG but to me Rex sounded like they are definitely going after another guy. It may or may not be a top priced FA, but it assuaged my fears a little that they may think they are done. Of course, you never know for sure with interviews and they may strike out with the guys they go after, or other stuff could derail plans. But it sounded good as far as still wanting another new clear starter. He also said he expects the OL to be a strength of the team, which also to me meant they are going after someone good.

I was minorly concerned that the Bills might sign Incognito and then not go after another solid FA starting OG but to me Rex sounded like they are definitely going after another guy. It may or may not be a top priced FA, but it assuaged my fears a little that they may think they are done. Of course, you never know for sure with interviews and they may strike out with the guys they go after, or other stuff could derail plans. But it sounded good as far as still wanting another new clear starter. He also said he expects the OL to be a strength of the team, which also to me meant they are going after someone good.

yeah, here's hoping for Orlando Franklin or one of the guys from NO to be cut due to cap :D

I'm pretty sure he is not allowed to under the CBA.

Looks like Preston brown met him!

@PB_Number2: Good to meet the new coaches and see the great people of Buffalo!

I do remember something about the coaches only being allowed to call players at certain times of the year in the new CBA.

Looks like Preston brown met him!

@PB_Number2: Good to meet the new coaches and see the great people of Buffalo!

I do remember something about the coaches only being allowed to call players at certain times of the year in the new CBA.

I'm sure you can say hi in a hallway. I assume you cannot call and discuss the future of your contract or defensive systems and football stuff. Not sure if you can call and just say hi and can't wait to see you on the field, that kind of thing.

I forgot about that particular CBA rule. Thanks to those that pointed it out.

Having said that, it's still kind of strange that Wood, Dareus, Freddie, Mario and Kyle Williams have all stated on separate occasions that they have yet to speak with Rex but didn't mention once that it was because they are not allowed to. That's pretty much the entire leadership core of the team and if he's allowed to call and at least say hello, you'd think he would have done that with at least one of those guys by now.

Thought it was funny there's obviously been some coaching with regard to the whole "bully" thing. The talking point is "we'll be tough on the field but gentlemen off it"

I posted a link from an ESPN article above. Coaches were going ape-**** withOTAs that were "voluntary". The Player's Association objected and the CBA put an end to them. Now - and it's the "coaches" own fault - they can't have OTAs or any other kind of structured contact with the players until mid April.

That's something that should be changed, IMO. It's gone too far in the other direction - especially when you have a new HC and staff that need to implement their systems on the squad.