Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he had a torn quad, not a thigh bruise. Screws up mechanics. He has lost arm strength. But he's still extremely accurate when healthy.

People don't realize how much that quad problem probably robbed his arm of power.

Talk to a MLB pitcher who can throw 95MPH. Most of that velocity comes from his lower body and legs, not his "killer arm."

I DO think Manning has lost some arm strength and lots of everything else, probably.

So what! Still better than 80% (?) of all starting QBs in the league.

Half the time my arm strength is good enough anyway; the trick is staying calm, reading the defense, finding the open receiver, and throwing the ball to him accurately, even if for 8 yards or whatever. You don't have to have a cannon when you are Payton Manning.

It's a wish worth wishing for, but my question would be why Peyton would want to play in the elements at the Ralph. He would have to believe with the Bills that he has a better shot than he does anywhere else as well.

How many bad weather games were in Buffalo last year?

Get to the playoffs and anything can happen... After recent years with the Packers and Giants runs, Seattle throttling the Broncos in the SB, Seattle beating the defending champs in the wild card (@ 7-9) and a few others, I would totally be all for this move. It doesn't guarantee us a playoff berth but my golly we would have to have an incredible stroke of bad luck not to make them again. Sammy would thrive with Peyton, Manuel gains more experience from one of the best to play the game and our defensive unit isn't stranded on the field and relied upon to keep us in or win the game.

Win-win!

anyone that would pass on peyton is just nuts. I mean, I don't know if he's got anything left in the tank...but I'm taking the hope of Peyton having a year left over the hope of EJ making a miraculous improvement. I mean in fact, I'd take it just for letting EJ watch Peyton for the year. It's the perfect stop gap in this offseason of QB blah.

the guy has so much money that it just cant be a factor anymore.

he wants one more shot at a ring.

i don't see him uprooting again to start fresh elsewhere. if he plays another snap in the nfl its gonna be right there in denver with some creative pay restructuring.

ps. for those of you who say he's washed up, he had better numbers than brady this year for passer rating, completion percentage, total yards etc. he's still elite.

Thats true... The one truly awful one was moved to Detroit...

However, Manning's numbers drop off at around 45 degrees, i think. He'd probably rather play in Tampa or St Louis for temperature reasons

I don't think St Lois and especially Tampa are on the radar -if any team other than Denver even is. The point of the article is win now by beating NE**, something Rex & Peyton would likely relish.