Gabbert or McCoy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

Bring them in because they worked for Roman...even though both are terrible QBs?

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

The more important question to determine hether this O performs adequately to win is not likely going to be whether a likely inadequate Gabbert or likely inadequate McCoy is acquired. Neither is going to carry this team to victory on their shoulders.

What I think is more likely to get us enuf Ws to make the playoffs is what D player (s) can we get to turn our good D into a great one!

If we got a shutdown CB like Revis this would force the opposing QB to so badly restrict the opponents O protection that even an inadequate QB like EJ would not have to win the game on his own (which neither he, Gabbert, or McCoy can likely do), but instead simply not make a lot of errors.

I don't like either of those guys. I don't like Cutler. I don't think Bradford is going anywhere. I'd sign Jake Locker, I know, injury prone, but there are guys who have shaken that. Tennessee has been a mess. Maybe the guy needs a change of scenery. I'd also draft a guy, because you never know.

Given the lackluster options available, I think McCoy will get serious consideration.

Agreed. I think it is one of Sanchez, McCoy, Locker, Moore that they bring in.

There are no "good" options. But a Vet will need to be brought in to compete. They likely draft a guy in the 3rd round or so as well.

Just hoping one of them can be a "system" guy and not lose games every week. We really just need a marginally better performance than what Orton gave last year to have a serious shot at the playoffs. I wouldn't hate any of the above as long as the staff feels like they can get the most out of the guy and he can stay on the field.

McCoy played well for the Redskins. However, he didn't have a chance of retaining the starting position once Griffin became "healthy" because, whether the organization admits it or not, Snyder was not going to have Griffin sit on the bench given the investment the Redskins made in him. McCoy is worth looking at closely. But, in truth, the free agents available will likely be little more than placeholders until we get lucky, losing-wise or otherwise.

If I HAD to choose, it'd be McCoy. I think he could be a decent game manager. Gabbert is just filth. If you watch his college tape, he's a mess in the pocket and not very accurate at all. Horrible mechanics and footwork. Crazy where he was drafted. Just a side note, how did Rodgers not get drafted higher in the 2005 draft. Watch his tape, he does EVERYTHING well. I'm just surprised he wasn't touted as a Luck or Manning type prospect.

I think Matt Flynn should get a real shot. He has learned from the best for a while and has had some major success in limited starts for the Pack. The only FA who can say that.

Lol. you do remember that he was already given a shot ? He was pretty crappy on the raiders and so they moved on . Bills didn't even keep him on roster after taking look