Sign our Own First!

Nasty

I am all about signing free agents that will help our team, but I always liked signing our own guys first who have earned it. I.e. Hughes, Searcy, and if you could lock up Darius long term before signing anyone else. If I was those guys and if they haven't contacted me yet I would be mad.

New OC, new DC, and new head coach. Whaley needs to be the one to shift gears and sign the right people to fit the new schemes.

The guys you named are good players, but they can become average or below average players if they're in the wrong scheme. The exception being Dareus, because he's a beast and is the type of player that you adjust the scheme for.

I am all about signing free agents that will help our team, but I always liked signing our own guys first who have earned it. I.e. Hughes, Searcy, and if you could lock up Darius long term before signing anyone else. If I was those guys and if they haven't contacted me yet I would be mad.

How do you know they haven't been contacted? Whaley already said they are talking to Hughes. Incognito was easy to sign.....Hughes and Searcy are looking for big money. It takes time. Just relax

I never understood this mentality. Sign the best guys regardless of where they were prior.

I guess I wonder how much familiarity with scheme (shouldn't matter with Ryan coming in) and other players strength's limitations (chemistry) affect a players quality. How much better would a Kyle Williams who knows how MD and MW play be compared to an identical one signed from another team?

I guess I wonder how much familiarity with scheme (shouldn't matter with Ryan coming in) and other players strength's limitations (chemistry) affect a players quality. How much better would a Kyle Williams who knows how MD and MW play be compared to an identical one signed from another team?

if they bills had two identical kyle williams'es, they could rotate between them so that there would always be a kyle williams on the field. the only question would be, would one kyle williams have to wear a handlebar mustache to distinguish him from the other kyle williams? and would the mustached kyle williams be considered evil?

I guess that I buy this some. It usually feels like people have an emotional attachment that clouds their opinion. The goal is the best possible 53 man roster.

Multi-tasking. Gotta sign our guys but we've got to be flexible enough to fill needs where we're able. Not positive Incognito is the best idea yet having totally abused the position for so long has created a crisis that has brought this about.

Settle down, Beavis.

I guess that I buy this some. It usually feels like people have an emotional attachment that clouds their opinion. The goal is the best possible 53 man roster.

I agree with your take. I think some is rooted in feeling like we have to overpay to get someone to come to buffalo, coupled with the make believe hometown discount or that you get guys for practically free if extended a year early