Bo Levi Mitchell - The SHOULD Be Bills Franchise QB Champion

Vinaccia

Whether or not the NFL has a special agreement with the CFL to not poach players, I don't know. That may well be the case.

But contracts can be and are broken every day of the week. It's just that the party doing the breaking will be doing the paying pursuant to the terms of the contract and relevant law.

The notion that a contract somehow guarantees performance, however, is sophomoric, and wrong.

Even if it's not in the CBA for both leagues, at the very least there's a professional courtesy involved..

Even when Chris Williams had a months-long legal battle with the CFL over the termination of his contract (he wanted it ended so he could go to the NFL), he remained unsigned until it was resolved.

You are obviously way more informed than I when it comes to the CFL so I will certainly defer to your judgement! My point was more that it's a whole different world to dominate in FCS college ball and the CFL than it is to be a franchise QB in the NFL, but I think you agreed with that as well by stating he isn't quite ready yet. Impossible, no, but the OP declaring him the answer is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Thanks for your insight!

Definitely agree with you on that. Cheers!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it's not in the CBA for both leagues, at the very least there's a professional courtesy involved..

Even when Chris Williams had a months-long legal battle with the CFL over the termination of his contract (he wanted it ended so he could go to the NFL), he remained unsigned until it was resolved.

Definitely agree with you on that. Cheers!

From what I can gather, it looks like the NFL and CFL have an agreement whereby they honor each other's contracts.

This makes a lot of sense. So if this QB dude is under some long term contract to a CFL team, it's as though he is under contract long term to an NFL team.

So....RG3 then?

The NFL does this already, Pettine was under contract with Buffalo, but left for a better opportunity with Cleveland (supposedly hah).

And if not, there's always... Other ways...

I know you have it in you, Terry.

What you are talking about is totally different. Cleveland had to approach Bills to get permission to talk to Pettine...

What you are talking about is totally different. Cleveland had to approach Bills to get permission to talk to Pettine...

I'm not sure about that, I'm PRETTY sure that if it is for an interview as a HC, the team the coach is under contract with cannot deny this interview. If it is for a lateral move (like Schwartz was inquired about with the Redskins) or just a promotion for position coach to coordinator (like how Van Pelt is QbC in GB but was denied interview with 3 or 4 teams this offseason to be OC), that is something that would need permission.

I'm not sure about that, I'm PRETTY sure that if it is for an interview as a HC, the team the coach is under contract with cannot deny this interview. If it is for a lateral move (like Schwartz was inquired about with the Redskins) or just a promotion for position coach to coordinator (like how Van Pelt is QbC in GB but was denied interview with 3 or 4 teams this offseason to be OC), that is something that would need permission.

True. A team cannot block an assistant coach from seeking a promotion to HC elsewhere (though the other interested team still would ask for permission :P). My point is that your original analogy involving Pettine's hiring and the CFL guy is faulty. Players and coaches are different. Wouldn't it be something if a star QB on under contract to an awful team could seek a "promotion" to an otherwise good team that has no decent QB.

I live in Katy Texas and both my son's graduates after having played for the same high school. Katy high school is a perennial power house football program that has gone to the Texas division 5 A state championship game the last 3 Years in a row. The team is built on no one person being bigger then the program. Andy Dalton is also a graduate of Katy High School. I would love to see Bo get a chance in the NFL.

Amen...I live in Katy, TX, too!

Not sure if you are joking or not. Pretty sure that would be illegal. Both leagues would not like it.

You think the Sabres should just trade away potentially the next Gretzky in Connor McDavid (they are aiming for the first pick. If they finish last, it's the second pick at worst). Either way, the NHL team should give up a chance at a generational player so the Bills can sign a CFL qb.

No doubt something less ridiculous could be worked out.

Pegula know which side of his toast is buttered with gold. The NFL is 1,000,000,000 times more impactful and profitable than the NHL. Trading a prospect for a Championship QB is a no brainer.

While we're at it, would Flutie be willing to un-retire at 52 and QB the Bills?

Goodness.

Yeah, we could sign Flutie to a deal with incentives that would pay him 25m a year, and then a couple weeks later we can trade a future #1 for Mike Glennon, and then sign him to a 25m a year deal.

At the end of the day it's all about getting a QB with skills, that can win, and is respectable and mature in order to represent the franchise. This kid has got it. I guarantee it if the Bills managed to deal for Bo, they would be strong playoff contenders. Signing some chump that never worked out anywhere else will take them nowhere. Bo has been a winner everywhere he has went.

I always wondered why the Bills aren't more active in the CFL market. It is an excellent area to build depth for guys that have very little exposure and may develop into quality players.

I think if the Bills draft a QB or grab someone like a Bo Levi from the CFL. They would be competing for Tuel's spot on the roster. QB via FA or Trade would serve as competition for EJ.

Never heard of this guy but I liked what I saw from the very few vids there are on youtube of him. Would be interested in learning more about him. Maybe let him play out his CFL contract and then go after him next year. Also, success in other leagues doesn't mean that much. JP Losman tore it up in the UFL

Never heard of this guy but I liked what I saw from the very few vids there are on youtube of him. Would be interested in learning more about him. Maybe let him play out his CFL contract and then go after him next year. Also, success in other leagues doesn't mean that much. JP Losman tore it up in the UFL

The UFL was ike 4 steps below even the CFL. Lol.

Someone should make a list of every unheralded college or CFL quarterback who has been the subject of a TBD post since Jim Kelly's retirement and who was supposedly "the answer" at QB. Remember when we just HAD to draft Tony Pike or Dan LeFevour?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie enjoyed some success in the NFL.

This guy Mitchell may surprise you if the Bills give him a chance.

His numbers are HORRENDOUS. Under 60 percent completion percentage and has as many turnovers as TDs? Not to mention the guys only 6'0" tall and weighs 200 lbs. I'd rather have Mark Sanchez.

Last short guy we got from the CFL worked out pretty good for us as I remember. That is until we messed it up with the Rob Johnson situation.