take a risk on Bad Boys

I feel like we have a good core group of guys. So if we took the risk of taking on some guys with questionable character, We could fill spots with some studs who are jerks. Would people here like if we signed Hardy on a one year prov it deal, and Incognito for the league min. And maybe give AP a deasent deal for say 5m a year. If the bills did this they could still sign Revis and have the room for Dareus next year. And be in good shape to sign best player available in the draft.

If we signed Greg Hardy I would seriously have to examine my fandom of the Bills. I wouldn't want Icognito, but not to the level of Hardy. Peterson had issues stemming from how he was raised. Seeing as he's (supposedly) gone/going through therapy to address his issues, I would be most in favor of him, but still wouldn't love it.

Edited by Mark80

I feel like we have a good core group of guys. So if we took the risk of taking on some guys with questionable character, We could fill spots with some studs who are jerks. Would people here like if we signed Hardy on a one year prov it deal, and Incognito for the league min. And maybe give AP a deasent deal for say 5m a year. If the bills did this they could still sign Revis and have the room for Dareus next year. And be in good shape to sign best player available in the draft.

:beer:

bknation_richie-incognito.jpg.jpg

Edited by rafter

Not a fan of stooping to low levels for wins. We have a few players already crossing some lines don't want anymore

Wining is not that important to me if we cannot do it right

Edited by ddaryl

And resign Gilmore, Glenn and Bradham next year?

That's the thing people need to take into account regarding this years free agency period. We have multiple core players that will be coming up for FA in a year or 2. Dareus isn't the only big money guy we have to resign.

And resign Gilmore, Glenn and Bradham next year?

That's the thing people need to take into account regarding this years free agency period. We have multiple core players that will be coming up for FA in a year or 2. Dareus isn't the only big money guy we have to resign.

We have plenty of cap to sign players. You also rework Mario Williams deal next season. Plus cap goes up.

I really hope we can rework Mario's contract. It's huge, no question. But as of now, nothing's been reworked and we don't know that it will. We hope it will. It makes sense to us, but who's to say it makes sense to Mario? If it does happen, I think we can resign all of our guys plus maybe another good FA, like iupati. While I'd love to see us sign Revis+ hardy+ Dareus, Gilmore, Glenn and Bradham, it comes at a cost. We still need major help on the OL, TE and possibly RB. I can't see us burying all of our money into a defense when our offense completely sucks (yep, it does suck) and we have a coach that will allow our defense to compete no matter who he has talent wise. Having zero offense is bad. It'll be interesting to see what Whaley does. If I had to choose between improving the offense or beefing up the defense, I don't think there's a question as to what I'd choose. Whaleys will likely have to make a similar decision.

As much as I'd like to have the "best defense ever", which could happen with the additions of hardy and revis, I'd rather build the OL and deliver a formidable ground and pound to pair with our great defense. Maybe not best ever, but great. Jmo

I wouldn't mind bringing in Hardy & Ap, these players make us better and hopefully they learned from there mistakes. Adding Hardy can save us at least 5 mil instead of resigning Hughes and he's a better all round player. Ap is a freak of nature and would flourish in Roman scheme.

The Pats & Bengals have been living off second chance players for yrs now. Sometimes it works for both the player and the teams that sign them. Ap & Hardy are well liked & respected teammates in there locker room. They are not cancers to there teams. Sign me up for both of them.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I remember reading an article written by a non-football, mathematical analyst looking for patterns in players that were most under-drafted in the NFL, he put together a list of rules for NFL teams to follow to get the most value from their picks and rul number one was:

"Always draft the stoner."