All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

I'm fine with this signing if he can still play. I'm sure there are a lot worse players in the NFL, criminals, domestic abusers and such, and Incognito is not one of them. It's even unfair to call him a "bully". This isn't middle school where kids are ill-prepared to defend themselves. This was 2 grown men having a disagreement.

There's of course the college assault charge, the sexual harassment/assault that was paid off, the fight with the bouncer, and he admitted to pretty heavy partying/drug use (and during the season effecting practices and such) with the Rams

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2009/2/19/763336/wonderlic-d

Did anyone else realize he got a 32 on his wonderlic? I sure didn't. Can you cheat on it?

Just watching the Glazer interview, it becomes obvious he's intelligent and well spoken. He's just a liability around alcohol and immature. You could say that about half the early 90's team. Well worth the risk.

Just watching the Glazer interview, it becomes obvious he's intelligent and well spoken. He's just a liability around alcohol and immature. You could say that about half the early 90's team. Well worth the risk.

Yea he doesn't strike me as low IQ, but either he was so coddled that he never grew up and entered the real world or has a legit mental disorder (not meant as an insult, simply that he's had wildly erratic behavior for a long time).

Oh, I'm not arguing there's no chance the light came on- simply that we see a lot of "screw Martin" sentiment in discussions around the guy as if it was the only issue with RI. He's got a long resume of trouble everywhere he's been since 18.

Like I said, little downside and maybe he works out. Only risk I'm coming up with while spitballing here is not liking him around Henderson

100% agreed.

And kudos to the OP

So when he was here before he had a leather bag filled with pliers, razors, thumbscrews, and switchblades.

No cats or dogs were ever seen in his neighborhood two weeks after he moved in.

Prostitutes and women who hung out in dives began disappearing.

Neighbors complained about the stench they could smell coming from inside the walls and basement of his home.

Owners of cars in the area would awaken to find their windshields and hoods smashed and their tires slashed.

Gay magazines in drugstores and supermarkets were defaced with black magic markers.

Churches were spattered with feces and gore, and several synagogues had wermacht helmets put on their lawns.

All the animals in the Buffalo zoo were mysteriously poisoned.

He never left a tip at a restaurant when he was a Bill.

He double parked with impunity.

He parked in every handicapped parking space in Erie County.

He insulted Mother Teresa.

He drinks Jack without the coke.

I can see why so many here are against him coming back.

I'm not a fan of Incognito, he's a punk. However, there is about 1800 players in the NFL. There is always going to be bullies, racist, homophobes and criminals. It is going to be up to his teammates and management to control his ignorance.

I'm sorry to go OT, but I really wish people would stop misusing this word. It means uninformed, not intolerant, racist, or lacking character.

Now that you bring in a dipsh.t like Incognito, forget about a guy like Iupoti. He probably just scratched Buffalo off the list. This is a dumb move, imo.

Why? Is he a big kitty like Jonathan Martin?

I'd say you were hanging at the Big Tree with the guy I went to High School with (who works there) that just posted the same thing on Facebook. Or you are him.

See what the contract looks like.

What would u say if I said Rex couldn't keep this info to himself...

I know this will be buried but here it goes. No matter how thin you slice it there is always two sides to Bologna! http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

i think this is pretty reasonable in regard to what went down. While I think RI is a d-bag I also think he was thrown under the bus by Martin when he had played along the whole time. The Fish players seemed to not come to the defense of Martin which was the biggest clue that he has issues too. Again RI is a class A d-bag and clearly has/has his own issues but if he has come around on his own issues and the team has vetted that out I don't have a huge issue with him competing for a spot in camp.

I'm sorry to go OT, but I really wish people would stop misusing this word. It means uninformed, not intolerant, racist, or lacking character.

Why? Is he a big kitty like Jonathan Martin?

So what you are saying is that racists, intolerant or people lacking in character are well informed?

Later bro.

Yup. You and your superfluous apostrophes can go root for the Jets, or better yet, the softballed Pats. I choose to Billieve that as a Buffalo Bill, Mr. Incognito can be bad a** without being an a**hole. I trust he has learned and

can change.

Now it's time for a Unicorn ride!!!

Edited by BillsBruce

Keep in mind that Greg Roman coached Jonathan Martin at Stanford and in SF. He is very familiar with him, and signing off on this move... Guessing he knows the facts and thinks RI is not worthy of a blacklist.

Good point. And since RI was all but blackballed by the NFL, the Bills can insert any language they want in his contract.