Teddy Bridgewater wins Pepsi NFL RoY

YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that's what I am talking about. I thought the Vikings had to play at an outdoor field till the new stadium was built?

TCF Bank Stadium

You are correct. I didn't realize that they were playing at TCF Bank Stadium last year, which is an outdoor stadium.

I'm the biggest Sammy fan in the world, and I think its possible he ends up being the better player. However, they give the awards for production not for wholdaa shoulda coulda.

True.

I'm the biggest Sammy fan in the world, and I think its possible he ends up being the better player. However, they give the awards for production not for wholdaa shoulda coulda.

Welcome to the conversation let me know when you get on the same page. I wasn't talking about the award in that post a QB won it so your post is a moot point. I was just saying Sammy on the Giants would have put up better numbers.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Should have been Zack Martin and not even close. Was Teddy Bridgewater a 1st team all-pro? I forget...

This whole thing is a joke.

so I think the deal with this particular award is that it is a culmination of all of the ROW voting. Because those nominations are usually based on stats/big plays, an OL would likely never be nominated.

Welcome to the conversation let me know when you get on the same page. I wasn't talking about the award in that post a QB won it so your post is a moot point. I was just saying Sammy on the Giants would have put up better numbers.

It sure sounds like a woulda argument to me. But, if you say otherwise i apologize.

Being able to play QB at a decent level in the NFL is a lot more impressive than running around and catching a few balls, no matter how spectacular you may look doing it. There's just so much more that goes in to playing QB, which is why there's only like 10-15 guys in the entire world that can do it very well.

ODB had one good catch. Sammy would have put up 2k yards with Eli.

I don't disagree that Sammy would have put up serious numbers with a better QB situation...No question...

But one good catch? :huh:

91 receptions in 12 games...12 TD's including an 80 yard one...1300 yds...Beckham was an absolute monster as a rookie...He had an amazing season...I'm uncertain why he and Sammy are not allowed to be independently impressive by some...That catch was nothing more than icing on the cake concerning Beckham's season...He's absolutely not a one-catch wonder... B-)

I don't disagree that Sammy would have put up serious numbers with a better QB situation...No question...

But one good catch? :huh:

91 receptions in 12 games...12 TD's including an 80 yard one...1300 yds...Beckham was an absolute monster as a rookie...He had an amazing season...I'm uncertain why he and Sammy are not allowed to be independently impressive by some...That catch was nothing more than icing on the cake concerning Beckham's season...He's absolutely not a one-catch wonder... B-)

Yea one good catch... I don't care about the 90 regular catches he had and neither does the rest of the NFl media.

Sammy also had one good catch in the Detroit game but I don't see you talking about that.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yea one good catch... I don't care about the 90 regular catches he had and neither does the rest of the NFl media.

Sammy also had one good catch in the Detroit game but I don't see you talking about that.

Right...

Troll on...

Right...

Troll on...

Well if I knew you would turn into a trolling child I wouldn't have responded to you in the first place. Here I thought you were capable of a football conversation instead you turn into a 11 year old.

Like I said...

Sorry kid I won't be wasting another post on you. Edited by Beef Jerky

Well if I knew you would turn into a trolling child I wouldn't have responded to you in the first place.

Like I said...

Well if I knew you would turn into a trolling child I wouldn't have responded to you in the first place. Here I thought you were capable of a football conversation instead you turn into a 11 year old.

Sorry kid I won't be wasting another post on you.

Can't tell you how happy that makes me... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Being able to play QB at a decent level in the NFL is a lot more impressive than running around and catching a few balls, no matter how spectacular you may look doing it. There's just so much more that goes in to playing QB, which is why there's only like 10-15 guys in the entire world that can do it very well.

Exactly which is why Teddy won it.

One thing EJ has over Bridgewater is his size and that's usually big deal for the QB position in the NFL. You look at Bridgewater and you see a WRs body that will eventually be injured and sidelined by a DT or DE.

Bridgewater has the natural feel for the position that EJ doesn't. Even though having great size helps, it isn't everything.

Seems like there is more more than one version of this award. I think there will be an AP award as well with ORoY and DROY separate. This is the one they will award tonight on the nfl honors show. I just remember Kiko was a finalist for this one last year and didn't win but attended the awards ceremony. But he did win DROY in another version.

So the Browns paid an outside consultant to tell them who they should draft at QB last year. I think they paid hundreds of thousands to this person. They told the Browns that Bridgewater was the best QB in the draft. He was there with the Browns 2nd pick. They traded up for Manziel.

i was wrong about it being awarded tonight on the nfl honors show. They actually have a OROY and DROY category tonight and this other one is totally separate. So teddy just won the fan vote, and Beckham will probably win the ORoY tonight. Though I'm not sure who the nominees even are.