Teddy Bridgewater wins Pepsi NFL RoY

YoloinOhio

It's a fan vote fwiw

I think (hope) the AP awards are considered the "official" unofficial real winners. Cuz teddy was solid but he hardly set the league on fire either. Plenty of more deserving rooks including ....

Beckham, Evans, Watkins, Benjamin

Carr

Mack, mosley

Zack Martin

Donald

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teddy Bridgewater's first 13 games:
15 TDs total: 14 TDs passing / 1 Td rushing (12 INTs)
3 4QC / 3 GWD
Cmp% 64 / YG 225 / Rating 85
OC: Norv Turner

EJ Manuel's first 13 games:

17 TDs total: 14 TDs passing / 3 TDs rushing (10 INTs)
1 4QC / 3 GWD
Cmp% 58 / YG 187 / Rating 77
OC: Nate Hackett
I'm not saying that Manuel is as good or better than Bridgewater because I certainly don't think he is right now. However, I'm just pointing out that Manuel is looked upon by many around here and definitely around the league as this horrific QB disaster, while Bridgewater is being hailed as a great up and coming QB. Yet, the stats just don't mesh with that wide of a gap in perceptions. Especially given the fact that Manuel had the putrid combo of Marrone and Hackett while Bridgewater had Norv Freakin' Turner. Geez, imagine if Marrone stayed on as the Bills head coach???? How awesome is it that the Bills will now get a very true and accurate indication of Manuel's abilities? Greg Roman is the real deal. He is a very good NFL offensive coordinator who made a playoff QB out of both average talents like Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. If EJ Manuel can't max out his potential with this guy then he is a lost cause. It's time for Manuel to drop the humble, good soldier persona and start acting confident and cocky because he knows without a doubt that he's the Bills QB of the future and he won't be beat out by anybody they bring in. That is what this franchise and his team mates are waiting for him to do. Start acting like the starting QB and then start backing it up in practice against the best defense in the NFL.

3 4QC / 3 GWD

1 4QC / 3 GWD

I'm not saying that Manuel is as good or better than Bridgewater because I certainly don't think he is right now. However, I'm just pointing out that Manuel is looked upon by many around here and definitely around the league as this horrific QB disaster, while Bridgewater is being hailed as a great up and coming QB. Yet, the stats just don't mesh with that wide of a gap in perceptions. Especially given the fact that Manuel had the putrid combo of Marrone and Hackett while Bridgewater had Norv Freakin' Turner. Geez, imagine if Marrone stayed on as the Bills head coach???? How awesome is it that the Bills will now get a very true and accurate indication of Manuel's abilities? Greg Roman is the real deal. He is a very good NFL offensive coordinator who made a playoff QB out of both average talents like Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick. If EJ Manuel can't max out his potential with this guy then he is a lost cause. It's time for Manuel to drop the humble, good soldier persona and start acting confident and cocky because he knows without a doubt that he's the Bills QB of the future and he won't be beat out by anybody they bring in. That is what this franchise and his team mates are waiting for him to do. Start acting like the starting QB and then start backing it up in practice against the best defense in the NFL.

interesting! I agree the perception gap is a bit extreme. Many will probably point to accuracy as the main difference. It's Teddy's strength despite being undersized, small hands, etc. It's EJ's weakness, thus far. Probably the biggest difference re: perception between the two. Right now.

interesting! I agree the perception gap is a bit extreme. Many will probably point to accuracy as the main difference. It's Teddy's strength despite being undersized, small hands, etc. It's EJ's weakness, thus far. Probably the biggest difference re: perception between the two. Right now.

One thing EJ has over Bridgewater is his size and that's usually big deal for the QB position in the NFL. You look at Bridgewater and you see a WRs body that will eventually be injured and sidelined by a DT or DE.

One thing EJ has over Bridgewater is his size and that's usually big deal for the QB position in the NFL. You look at Bridgewater and you see a WRs body that will eventually be injured and sidelined by a DT or DE.

he definitely has that issue. Already hurt once this year and missed a game.

Not sure I'd go there, it was really injury that derailed ej's rookie season

3 4QC / 3 GWD

1 4QC / 3 GWD

And 7 of those games were in a dome.

Look, I'm a Bills fan and like Watkins, but this is madness.

Is it though? Who would you rather have throwing to you: Orton or Manning?

You've got to have some hope that the injuries were a freak thing that won't be an issue the rest of his career. But that still is a concern until proven otherwise.

It's a concern, but nothing to dwell on.

Whaaaaaa! Carr had a better rookie year than Bridgewater. Well atleast we don't have to hear "The Bills past on RoY WR ODB for Sammy."

why was Carr's rookie year better? Not arguing I'm just curious. He was ranked 26 in total QBR and was 3-13. Teddy was 22 in total QBR and was 6-6.