Teddy Bridgewater wins Pepsi NFL RoY

YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really. Wow that surprises me even more.

Seems like there is more more than one version of this award. I think there will be an AP award as well with ORoY and DROY separate. This is the one they will award tonight on the nfl honors show. I just remember Kiko was a finalist for this one last year and didn't win but attended the awards ceremony. But he did win DROY in another version.

I wish we drafted him.

So the Browns paid an outside consultant to tell them who they should draft at QB last year. I think they paid hundreds of thousands to this person. They told the Browns that Bridgewater was the best QB in the draft. He was there with the Browns 2nd pick. They traded up for Manziel.

Bridgewater ranked #26. Marino 1 Jim 6. Rookie QB seasons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1970&year_max=2014&season_start=1&season_end=1&age_min=0&age_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_qb=Y&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=8&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=pass_adj_net_yds_per_att_index&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2014&type=&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=0&draft_league_id=&draft_team_id=&college_id=all&conference=any&draft_pos_is_qb=Y&draft_pos_is_rb=Y&draft_pos_is_wr=Y&draft_pos_is_te=Y&draft_pos_is_rec=Y&draft_pos_is_t=Y&draft_pos_is_g=Y&draft_pos_is_c=Y&draft_pos_is_ol=Y&draft_pos_is_dt=Y&draft_pos_is_de=Y&draft_pos_is_dl=Y&draft_pos_is_ilb=Y&draft_pos_is_olb=Y&draft_pos_is_lb=Y&draft_pos_is_cb=Y&draft_pos_is_s=Y&draft_pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

ODBJ ranked 1. Ahead of even Randy Moss ROY.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=1970&year_max=2014&season_start=1&season_end=1&age_min=0&age_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_wr=Y&pos_is_rec=Y&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=8&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=rec_yds_per_g&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2014&type=&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=0&draft_league_id=&draft_team_id=&college_id=all&conference=any&draft_pos_is_qb=Y&draft_pos_is_rb=Y&draft_pos_is_wr=Y&draft_pos_is_te=Y&draft_pos_is_rec=Y&draft_pos_is_t=Y&draft_pos_is_g=Y&draft_pos_is_c=Y&draft_pos_is_ol=Y&draft_pos_is_dt=Y&draft_pos_is_de=Y&draft_pos_is_dl=Y&draft_pos_is_ilb=Y&draft_pos_is_olb=Y&draft_pos_is_lb=Y&draft_pos_is_cb=Y&draft_pos_is_s=Y&draft_pos_is_db=Y&draft_pos_is_k=Y&draft_pos_is_p=Y

Thanks for posting this YOLO.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

poor QB draft in 2014. Quantity but no real quality, we will see if any improve. I thought Teddy was pretty good later in the year and Carr had some moments but overall pretty underwhelming.

Out of curiosity how did EJ's rookie numbers compare to Teddy's? Anyone have that info? Teddy didn't play a full season either but I think he played 2-3 more than EJ?

On my link? I have EJ at 48. Even with Derek Carr and between Phil Simms and Kerry Collins. Not too bad.