Blount asked if he orchestrated Steelers release

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super lucky Blount forgot how to run the ball and went back to acting like a thug shortly after the news that Ridley was out for the season. And then lucky again to be signed by NE where he regained his form and staightened up his "act". Sounds legit.

Edited by ricojes

I have a coworker who loves the pats and is completely unabashed and in favor of all the "methods" the pats use to win. The majority of the new england area has "embraced the hate" and could care less. I asked him about Blount and short tenure with Pitt, his response was "Of course he did it on purpose!"

Edited by PortlandiaEast

What is the conspiracy? By all accounts, Blount came to the Steelers wanting a significant number of carries (I'm sure that's what he was told he would get). He wanted to play. Tomlin didn't want to play him. He acted out in week 11 and Tomlin dumped him.

Did BB use some sort of mind trick to cause Tomlin not to play Blount nearly all season except to rarely spell Bell, thus causing him to walk off the field after a Monday night game, thus giving Tomlin a reason to cut him?

What is the conspiracy? By all accounts, Blount came to the Steelers wanting a significant number of carries (I'm sure that's what he was told he would get). He wanted to play. Tomlin didn't want to play him. He acted out in week 11 and Tomlin dumped him.

Did BB use some sort of mind trick to cause Tomlin not to play Blount nearly all season except to rarely spell Bell, thus causing him to walk off the field after a Monday night game, thus giving Tomlin a reason to cut him?

First of all, Blount went to the Steelers because they offered a lot more money than NE. Secondly, Bell was a complete stud this year, so he wasn't going to get many carries as long as Bell was health and he had to know that coming in. Third, not a mind trick, just a well designed play. It's just interesting how the numbers drop significantly after Ridleys injury.

weeks 1-6 Blount had 37 carries for 213 yards - 5.75 per carry

week 6 Ridley hurt, out for the season

week 7-10 -- 28 carries for 53 yards - 1.89 per carry

Cut by Steelers

week 12-17 -- 60 carries for 281 yards - 4.68

Mr. Weo...Why do you take every post as a personal attack against you of some sort. Just curious, as you always seem very angry...

Edited by ricojes

First of all, Blount went to the Steelers because they offered a lot more money than NE. Secondly, Bell was a complete stud this year, so he wasn't going to get many carries as long as Bell was health and he had to know that coming in. Third, not a mind trick, just a well designed play. It's just interesting how the numbers drop significantly after Ridleys injury.

weeks 1-6 Blount had 37 carries for 213 yards - 5.75 per carry

week 6 Ridley hurt, out for the season

week 7-10 -- 28 carries for 53 yards - 1.89 per carry

Cut by Steelers

week 12-17 -- 60 carries for 281 yards - 4.68

Mr. Weo...Why do you take every post as a personal attack against you of some sort. Just curious, as you always seem very angry...

LOL--not angry. Just pointing out the flaws in these arguments. Orthodoxy requires some to agree to positions that make little sense, no matter how often repeated.

Numbers dropped? You just pointed out that Blount only had 37 carries before Ridley was injured--and that his dropped to only 28 carries afterward. Both are meaningless totals.

Conspiracy? Explain why, after he rushed for 118 yards on 10 carries in week 3, his coach benched him again and he only got 4 carries the next week and 8 after that. That's before the great Ridley's injury.

So again, if Tomlin had no use for Blount, before or after Ridley's injury, where is the conspiracy?

LOL--not angry. Just pointing out the flaws in these arguments. Orthodoxy requires some to agree to positions that make little sense, no matter how often repeated.

Numbers dropped? You just pointed out that Blount only had 37 carries before Ridley was injured--and that his dropped to only 28 carries afterward. Both are meaningless totals.

Conspiracy? Explain why, after he rushed for 118 yards on 10 carries in week 3, his coach benched him again and he only got 4 carries the next week and 8 after that. That's before the great Ridley's injury.

So again, if Tomlin had no use for Blount, before or after Ridley's injury, where is the conspiracy?

I don't think the conspiracy has anything to do with his lack of carries with Pittsburgh. It has to do with the fact that he started acting out and then left the field before a game was over with little worry of consequences. Probably because he knew if he got cut, he'd have a job in NE.

"Did you know you had a job with New England before you left Pittsburgh?"

Long pause. Big smile. No answer.

"Why would you leave if you didn't know in the back of your mind that they were waiting to call you?"

Big smile. Subtle laugh.

"I didn't know nothin'," Blount said.

One more laugh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-other-patriots-conspiracy-theory--legarrett-blount-s-scheme-to-reunite-with-bill-belichick-233502306-nfl.html

I'm sure nothing will come of it, maybe the Pats did absolutely nothing wrong. I don't believe that though.

Edited by elroy16

I don't think the conspiracy has anything to do with his lack of carries with Pittsburgh. It has to do with the fact that he started acting out and then left the field before a game was over with little worry of consequences. Probably because he knew if he got cut, he'd have a job in NE.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-other-patriots-conspiracy-theory--legarrett-blount-s-scheme-to-reunite-with-bill-belichick-233502306-nfl.html

I'm sure nothing will come of it, maybe the Pats did absolutely nothing wrong. I don't believe that though.

Pretty cut and dry...he had a wink-nod agreement with NE in place.

Let's not be naive.

Of course, it can't ever be proven, just like everything else NE does that is against the rules.

Pretty cut and dry...he had a wink-nod agreement with NE in place.

Let's not be naive.

Of course, it can't ever be proven, just like everything else NE does that is against the rules.

Exactly. Same reason nothing will come of the deflated footballs. Possibly the worst part will be Kraft being a prick and acting like they've never done anything wrong. That guy is so full of **** it's almost sickening.

Exactly. Same reason nothing will come of the deflated footballs. Possibly the worst part will be Kraft being a prick and acting like they've never done anything wrong. That guy is so full of **** it's almost sickening.

I actually think there will be fallout from the deflated ball scandal. Something was done to those footballs, and there are too many smoking guns pointing to foul play for it to be swept under the rug IMO. I suspect that some low-level employee will be blamed, but that--in the very least--Belichick and Kraft will be found culpable for "allowing" it to happen under their watch (much like NO and Payton for the bounty scandal).

I actually think there will be fallout from the deflated ball scandal. Something was done to those footballs, and there are too many smoking guns pointing to foul play for it to be swept under the rug IMO. I suspect that some low-level employee will be blamed, but that--in the very least--Belichick and Kraft will be found culpable for "allowing" it to happen under their watch (much like NO and Payton for the bounty scandal).

This one appears different to me. I would not be totally surprised if the Pats get away scot free, and I would not be surprised if the Pats got a huge penalty. I'm not sure Goodell and Kraft have any like for each other at all any more. I think Kraft may have WAY overplayed his hand this time. And I bet the NFL is furious with the Pats these days after the banner year the league had in the headlines.

This could get very ugly. It really looks like the NFL tried to catch them cheating and did. They could have easily told them behind closed doors we suspect this and cut it out, and they risked the game being played out for a half with tampered balls in the championship game. That's a huge risk.