1. 1. Who Wins?

• Patriots
    • Seahawks
    • Too Close to Call

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this to be a low-scoring game and won by the better running team. Both defenses appear to be too strong to give up too many big plays downfield. I've stated this before, last year the Legion of Boom shut down Jimmy Graham twice in the same season. Gronkowski is a little different because of his physicality, but I expect Seattle's secondary (mainly Cam Chancellor) to be able to keep him in check throughout this game.

If it comes down to running backs, Marshawn Lynch can break a game wide open with his ability to break off a long run. New England will probably load up the box and lean heavily on Revis and Browner to play man-to-man and not allow Russell Wilson to beat them through the air. If the game is close the 4th Qtr, my money is on Lynch and Wilson to make the clutch plays.

Call it a hunch, but I trust Seattle to be the more dominant team on Sunday. The Patriots can move the ball well, but can they punch it in when they have red zone opportunities against Seattle's D? Or will they have to settle for FGs like Green Bay had to do, which will end up costing you. Both the Packers and Panthers couldn't sustain enough momentum in the second half. The crowd noise could be a big factor as well. We saw last year how the crowd noise for Seattle was able to affect Denver early on. It could be as loud, if not louder this year in Arizona.

Gronk chosen for steroid testing and fails ---> suspended from playing in Super Bowl ---> Brady throws hissy fit ---> Belichick's head explodes ---> Patriots team leaves field in protest ---> Pete Carroll screams "GO FOR TWO!"

If this happened it would be the best game ever. Could actually see Pete playing the game out against no one.

This should be two questions. Who are you rooting for, and who do you think will win.

I think thats pretty much been answered. Pats are favored in Vegas, and national polls show a majority picking Pats to win:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

yet TBD poll has Hawks by an approximate 2 to 1 margin. A little anti-Pats bias revealed here? lol

Edited by JTSP

Everyone knows NE* is going to win.

maybe it's my own anti-pats bias being expressed, but Im not seeing it. Last time they played was 2012, hawks won, and they're a better team now. For the most part they contained a healthy Gronk, the guy that hurt them was Welker, and he's gone now:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012101408/2012/REG6/patriots@seahawks#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Edited by JTSP

My pissant pessimist side says the Patriots* cannot lose this one. It's too good to be true.

But that is literally my only reason for picking them.

The Ravens probably should have beaten them, even minus their secondary in NE*.

The Patriots* scored 14 points the year that they had the greatest offense (to that point) in NFL history and were 18-0 and demolished everyone on the way to the SB.

IMO, this Seattle defense is better than that Giants defense. Seattle is also tough and physical with a great running game and is mostly young players in their primes. They also have great coaches who seem to always win in big spots.

On paper, Seattle should win. But I cannot get over how much the Patriots* are in my head. They will win.

Seattle is the all around better team with more raw talent IMO. NE has the edge at QB, and obviously that's the most important position. They also have the better TE, but I think Seattle will focus on taking him out of the game. Seattle 27 NE 23.

Edited by Not Again

Earl Thomas seperated shoulder, not going to heal in a week it will be in a harness .....enjoy tackling 260 pound Blount over and over

Richard Sherman is playing one handed....these two injuries give New England a big advantage, and they will take the 55 minute blue print of making Russel Wilson beat you from the pocket. After the 5 minutes of crazy against the Packers some forget how poorly Wilson played. Patriots won't melt like the Packers did....... Patriots 28-20

gotta go throw up

Edited by CardinalScotts

NE. 42-17

I'm with you. The Pats are a better team this year and will win by 20. Just playing too well right now. The cheating talk is cute and fun, but the bottom line is: The Patriots are a talented and well coached team.