Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

How about this? All balls get a cursory check before the game by the refs (they don't actually check the pressures). Brady likes his a little soft (Rodgers likes his overinflated...whatever that means, wink wink) and tells his bellboy to take a little air out. Ball feels about right to Brady, who doesn't know if it's 10.5 or 11.5. Everyone figures it's fine as usual.

To me that is impossible, because if they didn't check the balls with a gauge before the game, there is no controversy whatsoever and there is no investigation and Wells would be done the first day. Because there would be no way they could show the Patriots did anything wrong.

Not to mention that Bellichick said the Patriots told the officials to set the balls to 12.5 with a gauge.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they and their asst coaches got caught 6 times since 2001 .. Is that enough to think ... Hmm they prob have a culture of cheating .. Nah .. This is sad or funny .. See you at training camp .. Good luck to your team they actually might have to play without cheating tonight ..Hope the bills and other teams in the east do the work that it takes to play a cheat .. Go bills ..

To me that is impossible, because if they didn't check the balls with a gauge before the game, there is no controversy whatsoever and there is no investigation and Wells would be done the first day. Because there would be no way they could show the Patriots did anything wrong.

Not only is it possible, this is exactly what happened. There is no record of the pre game PSI

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25007276/league-has-no-record-of-psi-in-patriots-footballs

But now the league has admitted it won't be able to prove how much the footballs were deflated.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Not only is it possible, this is exactly what happened. There is no record of the pre game PSI

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25007276/league-has-no-record-of-psi-in-patriots-footballs

No you're reading that wrong. They did not write the numbers down. They measured them. There is no reason to write them down. That would show there was a sting.

"Said Vinovich, "We test them. It's 12.5 to 13.5. We put 13 in every ball. ... Dean tested a couple in the office and had one underinflated and one to spec, and you really couldn't tell the difference unless you actually sat there and tried to squeeze the thing or did some extraordinary thing. If somoene just tossed you the ball, especially in 20 degree weather, you're going to pretty much play with the ball. They are going to be hard. You're not going to notice the difference."

Edited by Mr. WEO

"Said Vinovich, "We test them. It's 12.5 to 13.5. We put 13 in every ball. ... Dean tested a couple in the office and had one underinflated and one to specs, and you really couldn't tell the difference unless you actually sat there and tried to squeeze the thing or did some extraordinary thing. If somoene just tossed you the ball, especially in 20 degree weather, you're going to pretty much play with the ball. They are going to be hard. You're not going to notice the difference."

Explain the Colts in the same conditions not changing.

We are not talking about whether you can tell by feel. That's entirely immaterial.

Explain the Colts in the same conditions not changing.

We are not talking about whether you can tell by feel. That's entirely immaterial.

Easy, Luck doesn't like them on the soft side, so he didn't ask his guy to take a little out. Every QB has a preference I assume.

If you can't tell the difference between the balls then there can't be an advantage. In fact, this whole scandal revolves around the "feel" of the deflated ball giving an advantage.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Easy, Luck doesn't like them on the soft side, so he didn't ask his guy to take a little out. Every QB has a preference I assume.

If you can't tell the difference between the balls then there can't be an advantage. In fact, this whole scandal revolves around the "feel" of the deflated ball giving an advantage.

Watch the Brees on the Conan show. They gave him 2-3 balls. he squeezed them. And then said the exact amount of the PSI before it was told him. Like 13.0 then 11,5 or something like that.

But it's immaterial. They wouldn't deflate them if it didn't help. Brady says he likes them less deflated. The point is ONLY that there are rules and they intentionally broke the rules and they have been doing it awhile, in many ways.

I also think they are great, they would ijely win anyway all the times they do, Bellichick is the best coach in the league, and Brady is one of the best QBs ever.

Simultaneously.

But they're still cheaters.

It's like the old saying, you can go to the moon, you can make a billion dollars, you can win the Super Bowl, but once you suck a rooster, you're a rooster sukker. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Watch the Brees on the Conan show. They gave him 2-3 balls. he squeezed them. And then said the exact amount of the PSI before it was told him. Like 13.0 then 11,5 or something like that.

But it's immaterial. They wouldn't deflate them if it didn't help. Brady says he likes them less deflated. The point is ONLY that there are rules and they intentionally broke the rules and they have been doing it awhile, in many ways.

I also think they are great, they would ijely win anyway all the times they do, Bellichick is the best coach in the league, and Brady is one of the best QBs ever.

Simultaneously.

But they're still cheaters.

It's like the old saying, you can go to the moon, you can make a billion dollars, you can win the Super Bowl, but once you suck a rooster, you're a rooster sukker. ;)

I'm just giving you a scenario. Brady would have been wise to say right up front, "yeah, I always ask the boys to take a little out, but nothing drastic." There is no rule against deflating the ball....

I'm just giving you a scenario. Brady would have been wise to say right up front, "yeah, I always ask the boys to take a little out, but nothing drastic." There is no rule against deflating the ball....

It would definitely be against the rules if what the Patriots said about what they did before that game is true.

Then how did the Colts balls not change. And why would the NFL do what they are doing. Please answer those questions.

I haven't been following close the last day or two... Do we know that the colts didn't fall 13 to 12.5 while the pats were 12.5 to 12ish, for instance?