Mario excited to move back to LB under Rex

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading something about how Rex would likely use this personnel and it was mentioned he was likely to blitz Bradham and Robey.

Solid. Love seeing Robey on the field. He just has a knack for the game. Remember when everyone was screaming bust after Bradhams rookie year? He can really play. I think Rex is going to be a nightmare with these guys, which is why (if they retain Hughes) I wouldn't mind them drafting another corner.

Bam!

"In general that system gives you a lot more opportunities, a lot more advantages, different matchups, things like that," he said. "I think as far as schematically that hybrid defense, especially when it's coached well, and you got players to implement and plug into the places, I think gives you the best chance."

Bam!

"In general that system gives you a lot more opportunities, a lot more advantages, different matchups, things like that," he said. "I think as far as schematically that hybrid defense, especially when it's coached well, and you got players to implement and plug into the places, I think gives you the best chance."

Could you imagine if we traded him for John Skelton? :)

Solid. Love seeing Robey on the field. He just has a knack for the game. Remember when everyone was screaming bust after Bradhams rookie year? He can really play. I think Rex is going to be a nightmare with these guys, which is why (if they retain Hughes) I wouldn't mind them drafting another corner.

You could tell Bradham had the talent. Wannies system stunk and it was really hard for a rookie. I remember seeing Bradham in the right place sometimes and the guy would deliver a hit or make a play. Bradham just needed to learn his assignments and get comfortable. Of course it also does not hurt to be playing behind that line!

Rex is going to love using Mario. Mario really is one of the most complete lineman in the league. He can stop the run and rush the passer as well as anyone. In the day of guys who specialize in pass rushing, Mario is a throw back to guys like Bruce.

Whatever it takes. But bring back Hughes.

I don't consider this something to fret about anymore--either way it works out, we're going to come out smelling like roses.

Either:

a) Hughes walks because Rex takes a look at our D and determines that his sacks were a function of being surrounded by all stars, so the 4th DE essentially becomes a "plug and play" piece.

or

b) Hughes gets a big deal because Rex takes a look at our D and determines that Hughes is an elite talent that anchored the D line, and he can eat up enough of the Oline that the LBs will be able to wreak havoc.

Either way, we have a defensive mastermind making the decision. And at the end of the day? No matter what happens, there will be posters here that disagree with it--either we "over paid" or "we let him walk." I'm just happy it's up to Rex now--not the Dougs, or even worse: the majority opinion of posters on here lol.

Ugh....how we going to get all our "linebackers" on the field? Lets see...put Mario and Hughes on as OUTside LB's, and then.....where do we put Brown, Kiko, Bradham...oh, we sit one of our best assets.....Manny Lawson out? My view, Rex system change hurts our D, despite his reputation...our personnel were better in the 4-3. Just not sure Rex knows how to get off his formula/script....despite his statements he wants to use round pegs in round holes. Color me discouraged as we have gone through this kind of change before, and its always "wait unitl next year until they know the system" This is Bills BS failing at itw worst. Repeated making the same mistake. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder, I can't stand the inept management. (yes, the Sainted Pegula's blew it, bringing in the NY Jets staff)

Edited by bigK14094

Ugh....how we going to get all our "linebackers" on the field? Lets see...put Mario and Hughes on as OUTside LB's, and then.....where do we put Brown, Kiko, Bradham...oh, we sit one of our best assets.....Manny Lawson out? My view, Rex system change hurts our D, despite his reputation...our personnel were better in the 4-3. Just not sure Rex knows how to get off his formula/script....despite his statements he wants to use round pegs in round holes. Color me discouraged as we have gone through this kind of change before, and its always "wait unitl next year until they know the system" This is Bills BS failing at itw worst. Repeated making the same mistake. This will be my last year as a season ticket holder, I can't stand the inept management. (yes, the Sainted Pegula's blew it, bringing in the NY Jets staff)

you're worried about Manny Lawson?