David Lee comments on Geno vs EJ

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrified to make the slightest mistake.

As opposed to Geno embracing those opportunities....

EJs faults cannot be corrected.

He is a bust and is finished as a Bill. Look for his release this spring.

Pretty stupid, if true. Why would you not let a "fresh set of eyes" work with him in OTAs and form their own opinion?

Edited by Lurker

EJs faults cannot be corrected.

He is a bust and is finished as a Bill. Look for his release this spring.

Imo

ah, the cut crew in full effect. It makes no sense to cut EJ, he will be given a chance to compete with a new OC and system.

Same goes to every Bills player under contract, you don't get better cutting players just because.

I don't think anyone has questioned his intelligence. He's very much Trent Edwards. Brains, athletic ability and terrified to make the slightest mistake.

I think that was more Marrone or hope do. SD he was even more scared to make mistakes his 2 nd year.

Am I the only one that thought Lee sounded more like a tv commentator than a QB coach? I thought him being that outspoken about Geno was a bit unprofessional. He didn't even bother to say (at least in this articles quotes), that we couldn't get Geno to be more consistent. Your QB's were terrible Lee and you were the QB coach, you need to own some of it.

On another note I can't think of anything more troubling than a young QB, a rookie NFL head coach, and a rookie NFL offensive coordinator. How exactly was that supposed to go well? I'm one of the few that thinks EJ still has a good chance to work out. Especially with an experienced coordinator and staff.

Edited by Triple Threat

Am I the only one that thought Lee sounded more like a tv commentator than a QB coach? I thought him being that outspoken about Geno was a bit unprofessional. He didn't even bother to say (at least in this articles quotes), that we couldn't get Geno to be more consistent. Your QB's were terrible Lee and you were the QB coach, you need to own some of it.

On another note I can't think of anything more troubling than a young QB, a rookie NFL head coach, and a rookie NFL offensive coordinator. How exactly was that supposed to go well? I'm one of the few that thinks EJ still has a good chance to work out. Especially with an experienced coordinator and staff.

What can Lee say really? It's no secret that Geno was careless and erratic. I can appreciate him more by telling it how it is than trying to give a typical coach answer and trying to blow smoke.

If everyone jumped up your ass when you made the slightest mistake, you'd be afraid too.

What a town..."We need to give him time to grow...oh, ****! He threw an incomplete pass. First-round bust, cut his ass."

ANd people were happy with the same struggles from Orton in the last quarter of the season! Yikes!