Fred Pagac supports Marrone's decision

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That’s the business. He’s taking care of himself, his family. That’s the No. 1 thing you do as a man, all right?"

Yeah really took care of his Family, OLine coach make so much more than the HC (even with an extra 4 mil)

Maroon would have been better off toughing it out than go out like a chump, good luck getting another HC Saint Dug.

First, Fred Jackson had no INPUT into the decision Marrone made, or in the Ryan hiring. He has an OPINION after the fact. Big difference. Get that f....ing straight, Pagac.

Second, Marrone was as much or as little "under the gun" as any other coach. He had another year on his contract, and he had failed to motivate his team to beat the Raiders, eliminating them from the playoffs. Why does that entitle him to an extension, beyond the year he already had to go? That's not "under the gun", it's the nature of the coaching business.

First, Fred Jackson had no INPUT into the decision Marrone made, or in the Ryan hiring. He has an OPINION after the fact. Big difference. Get that f....ing straight, Pagac.

Second, Marrone was as much or as little "under the gun" as any other coach. He had another year on his contract, and he had failed to motivate his team to beat the Raiders, eliminating them from the playoffs. Why does that entitle him to an extension, beyond the year he already had to go? That's not "under the gun", it's the nature of the coaching business.

He had two years to go.

You're right, he had two years to go. Which makes my point stronger. How could he be more "under the gun" that any coach in the league? How much job security does he have in Jax?

Most likely he was just making a power play move on Pegula. pegula said no or as reported awhile ago agreed. that I think was debunked. "Under the gun" is part of the job. Unless your name is Walsh, Belicheck*. Your right as a line coach in jagsville with a losing franchise. I would take the bIlls anyday over his situation now. Edited by Best Player Available

While I love Fred, I'm not sure if I necessarily agree. He's a great guy and loves Buffalo. No question. But I don't know if he ever turned down an extra $4 million to stay here.

Fred was defending Hackett far more than he was slamming Marrone. The shots I saw from Fred toward Marrone we all implied and indirect. Granted, Marrone's skin is thinner any substance known to man, but geez. You're such a Marrone fanboy that Fred must be the bad guy for defending Hackett?

Is it possible that Marrone is spending 2015 in Florida to get the electoral vote there and sweep into to office shocking both Hillary and Jeb?

False dichotomy.

A professional football player shouldn't comment about how a man, who coached him for 2 seasons, left because he doesn't know anything about it.

Fred has the most credibility out of any Bill, I'll give you that.

Baloney. Fred might not know WHY Doug left, but he certainly knows HOW Doug left. See the difference?

I have no earthly idea who Fred Pagac is, so Googling him says he was the Bills linebackers coach. Based on the improved linebacker play this year, dude may be a good coach. That said, his quotes in the article reek of sarcasm. He used the clauses "I guess", and "all right", after a number of statements. Then his "Players should be seen and not heard" rant indicated a high level of agitation. At that point, I stopped listening to Fred Pagac. Clearly stone-age thinking in today's NFL, but highly indicative of past NFL thinking of the players as commodities to be bought and sold on the block. Dude should retire.

I thought next year was Maroon's final year, but he did indeed sign a 4-year contract. He had two years left, so he was neither under-the-gun nor a lame duck. For Maroon to think he had done enough to secure a contract extension is laughable. Sub-.500 record. Threw the developing QB under the bus and stunted the growth of the team for the sake of meaningless wins. Played Orton against NE with nothing to gain but that 9-7 record to pad the resume. The way things played out, it is reasonable to assume that Maroon planned to opt-out all along. Pagac is wrong saying Maroon was under the gun and had no support. He still had two years left, so I'm calling bullsh on that.

As far as Fred Jackson speaking out, good for Fred Jackson. As a team leader, he told everyone that it was time to move on from Maroon and not give it a second thought. FJ HAD TO MAKE THAT STATEMENT. Pagac is also wrong there. You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind....

To Maroon, I say this: Galatians 6:7

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

He's had an unneeded comment or two through the years but gets a pretty free pass

Good point Saint. I bet none of the coaches like Fred speaking out in preseason with the Piitsburgh practices , game, and then practice again. I forget the exact circumstances.

But even so, it was widely reported Fred was one on Marrones staunchest supporters.

Are we talking about Fred or somebody else?

If it's Fred, I am totally on board with him complaining about the text. That's fine, respect it, whatever.

If it's Aaron Williams, I am not on board. AW saying he, "lost all respect," IMO, is ridiculous. What the heck does Aaron know about why Marrone left, just seconds after it's announced by the organization? Oh, nothing.

AW probably "lost all respect" because per some of the players they found out he chose to leave via social media. The text from the personnel dept (not Marrone himself) came after it hit social media. Two days earlier he stood in front of them in a team meeting and preached "Bills family." He took the money and ran instead of moving forward with what they were building as a team. I have no issue with AW not respecting that, or saying so on Twitter.

Whether AW knew the details doesn't change the perception of the fact he quit and he did it in a very cold way.

Edited by YoloinOhio

AW probably "lost all respect" because per some of the players they found out he chose to leave via social media. The text from the personnel dept (not Marrone himself) came after it hit social media. Two days earlier he stood in front of them in a team meeting and preached "Bills family." He took the money and ran instead of moving forward with what they were building as a team. I have no issue with AW not respecting that, or saying so on Twitter.

But as FireChan points out AW spoke about losing all respect for Doug Marrone. Doug Marrone!!!! How could someone of Aaron Williams' stature dare question the motivations and reasoning of such a higher entity like Doug Marrone?