Fred Pagac supports Marrone's decision

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out WTF this means. Makes no sense at all.

i took it to mean that since marrone only had a year left on his contract, he was "under the gun." it still makes no sense.

maybe dougie needed to be anointed coach for life to feel comfortable enough to coach properly.

If I couldn't stand my superiors and colleagues I might well do it, but I wouldn't skate with the money just because I could.

I'm not that far from you on this. I think these guys should put themselves before the team, but that doesn't mean that everything else goes out the window. I'd have to be pretty disgruntled to do what Doug did; particularly to do it the way he did it.

Completely agree, but behind closed doors, we'll never know how bad it was in the FO. I could see myself in Doug's shoes for this entire saga, except for the mass text.

huh? whether fred is right or wrong has absolutely nothing to do with what i'm saying.

fred has every right to voice his opinion -- as does anyone. it's clear that you think that players should shut up and only coaches should be allowed to speak. i disagree.

He has every right, but that doesn't mean he should. What does Fred know about this situation? What does he know about the inner workings of the FO? More importantly, does he even have any applicable experience?

Fred can go out and say ISIS is full of good guys. It doesn't mean he should, and it doesn't mean he's right.

You have a right to say anything. I respect folks who don't pretend that the buck stops with them in terms of ethics and morality, especially in a conflicted business decision without all of the pertinent information.

Players shouldn't talk?

IMO, no. Not in this situation.

Nothing good usually comes from players talking.

Edited by FireChan

huh? whether fred is right or wrong has absolutely nothing to do with what i'm saying.

fred has every right to voice his opinion -- as does anyone. it's clear that you think that players should shut up and only coaches should be allowed to speak. i disagree.

Especially since Fred is a captain and is approached very frequently for his thoughts. Is he just supposed to answer "no comment?"

Fred said, Fred said that, it's all blab, blab, blab, Marrone is gone, get over it and move on

a way to move on, if you are so inclined, is to not participate in threads about the thing that you are moving on from. IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

i took it to mean that since marrone only had a year left on his contract, he was "under the gun." it still makes no sense.

maybe dougie needed to be anointed coach for life to feel comfortable enough to coach properly.

I think he had 2 years left on his contract, and was wanting an extension.

It could be. Yet, we don't have the media to plaster our quotes all over the internet, nor the clout of a professional athlete.

I'm curious what Fred said that was so detrimental to Marrone or his credibility?

He was pretty gracious compared to marrone's former coach.

I'm curious what Fred said that was so detrimental to Marrone or his credibility?

He was pretty gracious compared to marrone's former coach.

I don't think specifically he said anything too egregious. I was talking more in generalities, and then someone brought up that Fred has "the right" to say anything about anyone. I didn't really have a huge problem with what he said about Dougie.

So they should keep their mouths shut because people listen to them?

Not necessarily. They should keep their mouths shut about things they know nothing about. No one bothers to correct your crazy uncle at dinner but if he had a following of 500k people, he better be very careful with what he says and how he says it. It's an inherent responsibility of having a large voice.