Belichick should get a Sean Payton-esque punishment

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon Sharpe said if it's true Pats should lose their first round pick, be fined a million dollars and BB should be suspended for a year!

Now that's a punishment I'd be IN for!!

Ban Belichick for 2 Seasons.

Eliminate NE from participating in the NFL Draft for the next 2-3 Seasons.

Now that is punishment!

From what I understand, Sean Payton was suspended for a year because he "suggested" paying the bounties. He never did anything illegal - just suggested it. If that's really true, then if Belichick is found to be in on the deflating scandal, he should get more than Payton did.

That said, it will never happen. The only punishment that came out of Spygate was the fine to Belichick and the loss of draft picks...a big-time slap on the wrist. The fact that the evidence was destroyed by the league very quickly is disturbing, implying the inclination that the league is in on it. Maybe they want the hatred of that team to keep driving fans to watch the game? Maybe Kraft and Jerry Jones are sending similar payments to the league and officials? Who knows.

But think about this...the Watergate comparison is interesting, but possibly not relevant. Are the Patriots a great team because they just have a great coach/QB combo? Or are they great because they've been doing a few things that are illegal week in & week out that help them win almost every week?

And yes, for the record, I hate them - because they win all the time and make the Bills' organization their B word every time the play each other. But I'd like someone who doesn't hate them give me a good reason to trust them with the Spygate thing, the "Just give it to 'em" game, the stories of radio communications cutting out on the visitors, and them being able to still talk to the QB with under 15 on the play clock. They can't keep doing this stuff and keep getting away with it.

I think that it is unlikely that the Patriots will be suspended from the Superbowl.

I do think that they will be hit hard (e.g., suspensions, loss of draft picks, fines) given their history and what has been happening with the NFL recently.

The chances of the Patriots being suspended from the Superbowl is pretty much zero. The chance of any player or coach being suspended is probably like 5%. Losing a meaningful draft pick, maybe 10%. They'll almost definitely just give them a meaningless monetary fine. But I hope they do more than that.

More importantly, I hope this becomes a big enough deal that, combined with Spygate, will tarnish Bill Bellichick's name and let him go down in NFL history as the cheater he is rather than a great coach.

I unfortunately think that IF anything comes out of this, it will be minor. No suspension and both BB and Brady are still going to be a " shoe in " the HOF. Hell, if they win in 2 weeks, they'll be looked at the best ever in their respective area. Deflating balls will not affect that.....again, unfortunately.

The Patriots are a great team. Belichick is a great coach. Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Kinda makes me wonder how a 6th round draft pick has had so much success, and a coach could be so masterful of the game. Several small advantages combined, pay huge dividends at the end of the day. Not accusing, I'm just sayin....

Edit: Nevermind, I see another poster already posted the same thing, just worded differently.

Edited by FLbills

Kinda makes me wonder how a 6th round draft pick has had so much success, and a coach could be so masterful of the game. Several small advantages combined, pay huge dividends at the end of the day. Not accusing, I'm just sayin....

Edit: Nevermind, I see another poster already posted the same thing, just worded differently.

Not that you were accusing....

its not so much what they actually did....but just that they thought ehh we'll do it ....how long have they been doing it? What else have they been doing? Taping the Jets - bet it wasnt the first time just happened to get caught. I'm sure they found the softer ball works better in slick conditions. How ? Well they tried it before probably many many times Im sure they didnt break it out against the Colts.

Bill should be booted for a year- STRIKE 3...cheater.

If the reports are true both the NFL and Boob Kraft are pissed.

IMPEACH Bellyache and suspend Brady for 5 games starting today!

Take some of New England's salary cap dollars for a couple of years.

50%

or slightly more than whatever amount they did to Washington and Oakland