The Pro Bowl is a joke

YoloinOhio

Case in point: Andy Dalton was named to the PB today. He was the 7th alternate after Flacco, Rogers, Rivers, manning, Etc. dropped out.

"Dalton makes the team after throwing a career-worst 19 touchdowns in 2014. He guided the Bengals to the playoffs for a fourth straight time, despite ranking 20th in the league in yards per attempt (7.06) with a passer rating of 83.5, which ranked 25th in the NFL below the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461074/article/andy-dalton-added-to-pro-bowl-roster

How many need to drop out before Orton gets a free trip to AZ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case in point: Andy Dalton was named to the PB today. He was the 7th alternate after Flacco, Rogers, Rivers, manning, Etc. dropped out.

"Dalton makes the team after throwing a career-worst 19 touchdowns in 2014. He guided the Bengals to the playoffs for a fourth straight time, despite ranking 20th in the league in yards per attempt (7.06) with a passer rating of 83.5, which ranked 25th in the NFL below the likes of Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461074/article/andy-dalton-added-to-pro-bowl-roster

How many need to drop out before Orton gets a free trip to AZ?

they would need someone to drop out the friday before the game -- he doesnt want to deal with practice all week.

I hate the "real fantasy draft" angle. I thought it was going to be pretty cool to see how the team would be built (would someone take 5 qbs leaving 1 for the other team? Would someone take all the wrs?) instead they dumbed it down to the level where 7 year old could pick the teams.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

I hate the "real fantasy draft" angle. I thought it was going to be pretty cool to see how the team would be built (would someone take 5 qbs leaving 1 for the other team? Would someone take all the wrs?) instead they dumbed it down to the level where 7 year old could pick the teams.

I hate it. They do it in the NHL too. Its patronizing that they pretend to care and the announcers pretend there are strategies and such. Its stupid. Much rather have conference vs conference.

Heck, just make it flag football and televise a quick weekend tournament at the Superbowl site and have All-Division teams

my preference would be

Do a TV special a week before the Superbowl.

Name an all-pro team. 1st and 2nd team. each conference maybe.

Name all the award winners. Maybe make a couple additional awards and name them like NCAA or NHL has.

If possible, have some sort of skills competition at the Super Bowl site. Maybe include celebrities. Just loose and fun.

Season in review

Give away a few free trips to the Superbowl but make it so people need to be watching to win. Like scan a bar code on the TV within a certain amount of time.